Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 27 Apr 2016 (Wednesday) 14:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1D X Mark II Owners Unite! Discuss & Post Photos

aehric
109 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jul 2015

May 21, 2016 02:24 |  #886

From a recent fashion show.

I'm loving the images that this camera can produce in poor lighting.

Has a very filmic tone to it. Only minor processing, minimal bounced flash, nearly a sooc shot.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
wallstreetoneil
Goldmember
2,086 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Nov 2014

May 21, 2016 04:41 |  #887

So far I'm liking the new Tamrons (45 & 85)
- bought the 85 for the 5DSR - it is going to live on their when the Sigma 24-105 F4 isn't
- the 45, likely will see most of it's time on the 5DSR as well but I like that focal range a lot so I know the 1DX II will use it at as well
- both lenses required +5 to +10 MFA but with that the are very good on the 5DSR handheld - I found AI Servo to be better to keep the VC happier
- on the 1DX II, you have to turn off Peripheral Illum Correction with both Tamron's, and the Sigma 35 Art, or you get Opaque Circles in the view finder

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7603/27076883071_d39fc2b20f_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/HfG6​Zz  (external link) 1DX_with_tamron45 (external link) by Paul O'Neil (external link), on Flickr

Hockey and wedding photographer. Favourite camera / lens combos: a 1DX II with a Tamron 45 1.8 VC, an A7Rii with a Canon 24-70F2.8L II, and a 5DSR with a Tamron 85 1.8 VC. Every lens I own I strongly recommend [Canon (35Lii, 100L Macro, 24-70F2.8ii, 70-200F2.8ii, 100-400Lii), Tamron (45 1.8, 85 1.8), Sigma 24-105]. If there are better lenses out there let me know because I haven't found them.

HKFEVER
Goldmember
1,963 posts
Gallery: 126 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2004

May 21, 2016 05:21 |  #888

IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/hkfever/image/163269010/large.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/hkfever/image/163269011/large.jpg

With 11-24/4, 800 iso.

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,313 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined Oct 2010

May 21, 2016 11:44 |  #889

mfingar wrote in post #18013652 (external link)
Just shot another 3k images today. The oil was minimal (two small dots vs several yesterday...I assume things are settling in). The focus speed and frame rate are stunningly fast. Subjects vaulted into sharp focus instantly. I didn't wait for buffering either. Not once. It was total freedom. I'm very impressed so far. My 1DX seemed to search a bit before "locking on". Not this body.

I've got a couple nit-noids, but going from a MkIV (which I also use) to the 1DX MkII will blow your mind.

While I'm new at videography, this body is worth it for 4k and focus tracking alone. I can't wait to set it up with my Sedicam chest rig.

Hey, thanks for sharing. That's good info.

It will be interesting to see if the AF performance of my 300 f2.8 IS II & 2xIII combo (600mm) will improve much.

When you see my camera gear you'll think I'm a pro.
When you see my photos you'll know that I'm not.

Gadget-Guy
720 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2005

May 21, 2016 13:48 |  #890

Stuck another 2500 shots but had problems today.

Locked up loads of times with top and back display still active but no responce from the on/off switch and the view finder blacked out with the shutter stuck and only way to reset was pull the battery which got very annoying as the problem continued.

Think it may be the Transcend 128GB CFast card as it does it with all of my lenses and also with the battery from my 1DX in it regardless of loads of different settings i tried so will have a blast tomorrow with just a CF card.

When it does work its brilliant i must admit but it got very frustrating missing several shots today that the previous one just nails and keeps working,hope i can prove my theory tomorrow or as soon as the Sandisk one turns up from Canon.

On the bright side it still was showing 51% battery at the end of the day ;)

The equipment you'll leave at home will be the equipment you'll need the most!
Murphy's Law

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,663 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Oct 2007

May 21, 2016 13:59 |  #891

Honestly, i had a feeling there might be a few issues with the new card systems. I dont need a ton of speed so probably wont affect guys like me.

But Im using Sandisk 32GB 160MBs cards for weddings and wildlife shots and not having any issues

also have a bunch of Lexar pro 32GB 400X and 800X cards that i mix in and have used for testing and some wildlife that I posted and no issues

surprised with Transendvmad

I put the 64GB Cfast in the slot and have left it there and im downloading from the regular cards

I may get another 64 or a 128 Cfast, but again, just using it for Back up purposes and recording to both folders at same time

zero problems here

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

robamy
Goldmember
2,120 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 21, 2016 14:10 |  #892

Gadget-Guy wrote in post #18014334 (external link)

Locked up loads of times with top and back display still active but no responce from the on/off switch and the view finder blacked out with the shutter stuck and only way to reset was pull the battery which got very annoying as the problem continued.

Think it may be the Transcend 128GB CFast card as it does it with all of my lenses and also with the battery from my 1DX in it regardless of loads of different settings i tried so will have a blast tomorrow with just a CF card.

When it does work its brilliant i must admit but it got very frustrating missing several shots today that the previous one just nails and keeps working,hope i can prove my theory tomorrow or as soon as the Sandisk one turns up from Canon.

Sorry about the card issues. So far my Sandisk 64gb and the 128gb cfast have been okay. They do get hot but no issues. I did edit a video then it said it could not play back video, just had a ?. I think I read that somewhere in the manual that that could happen. My CF cards have been fine also with Lexar and Sandisk

flickr https://www.flickr.com​/photos/robamyphotos/ (external link)
Instagram #RobAmyNature
YouTubehttps://www.youtube.co​m …/UCXHzc4eU2AfHU​CuGW31GNdA (external link)
Vimeo https://vimeo.com/roba​myvideos (external link)

robamy
Goldmember
2,120 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 21, 2016 14:16 |  #893

Played with the 800mm and 1.4x=1120mm with 4k video and some still work. Focus was fast and being able to move focus points was very nice instead of just the center. This camera is just fun to use.

4k screen grab with some cropped off the right side then resized to a 16"x24", the detail is just superb

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7306/27121113756_22f55cdf21_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/HjAN​eA  (external link) Baby woodchuck 4k screen grab (external link) by A & R Photography (external link), on Flickr

Here is a still photo with the same combo

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7301/27084583521_a32aa46a1f_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Hgnz​4X  (external link) Eastern Bluebird (external link) by A & R Photography (external link), on Flickr

flickr https://www.flickr.com​/photos/robamyphotos/ (external link)
Instagram #RobAmyNature
YouTubehttps://www.youtube.co​m …/UCXHzc4eU2AfHU​CuGW31GNdA (external link)
Vimeo https://vimeo.com/roba​myvideos (external link)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,624 posts
Gallery: 1651 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004
Post edited over 3 years ago by jwcdds.

May 21, 2016 14:28 |  #894

Gadget-Guy wrote in post #18014334 (external link)

Actually, it might be a battery issue. My 1DX2 also didn't wake up from a standby/sleep on the first day when I had stuck an extra LP-E4N I had. I had to pull the battery as well.

Haven't had any issues with the new LP-E19. Something to pay closer attention to as possible cause.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

jyeung
30 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by jyeung.

May 21, 2016 19:59 |  #895

Caught this on the street in Tokyo, with the 135mm at f2.0, 100% crop:

HOSTED PHOTO

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 21, 2016 23:48 |  #896

This is a very busy weekend for me, but not so busy that I couldn't fire off a few (hundred) frames.

Both SOOC jpg. They could use a bit of post, but I could use a bit of sleep and that's more important right now. :)

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Gear List
www.vintage-computer.com (external link)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,624 posts
Joined Aug 2004

May 21, 2016 23:51 |  #897

Erik S. Klein wrote in post #18014757 (external link)
This is a very busy weekend for me, but not so busy that I couldn't fire off a few (hundred) frames.

Both SOOC jpg. They could use a bit of post, but I could use a bit of sleep and that's more important right now. :)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Erik S. Klein in
./showthread.php?p=180​14757&i=i77186626
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Girl on the right is checkin' you out. (or checking the camera/lens out). :lol:

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,313 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined Oct 2010

May 22, 2016 01:57 |  #898

jwcdds wrote in post #18014760 (external link)
Girl on the right is checkin' you out. (or checking the camera/lens out). :lol:

Yeah, and she's kinda cute, too. ;-)a

I'm still trying to figure out what that contraption does.

When you see my camera gear you'll think I'm a pro.
When you see my photos you'll know that I'm not.

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,624 posts
Joined Aug 2004

May 22, 2016 02:00 |  #899

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #18014827 (external link)
Yeah, and she's kinda cute, too. ;-)a

I'm still trying to figure out what that contraption does.

If I had to guess, I think it's just a silly smoke machine connected into that barrel, which pretty much is just a drum on its side. So if the guy whacks it from the back, the vibration pushes the smoke out into these "puffs" that we're seeing.

That's my guess at least. :lol:

Julian

GyRob
Cream of the Crop
9,994 posts
Joined Feb 2005

May 22, 2016 02:28 |  #900

Na it a new IS system there fitting to all new lenses :)

Rob.

"The LensMaster Gimbal"
http://www.lensmaster.​co.uk/rh1.htm (external link)

sponsored links

1,644,520 views & 14,739 likes for this thread
1D X Mark II Owners Unite! Discuss & Post Photos
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.