Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

May 29, 2016 12:29 |  #5956

Maureen, nice shots! Would love to learn how you do that:-)

Besides my MIL giving me heck, I just found out that my father has cancer and doesn't have much longer. On top of all that is my medical issues haven't gotten any better. As a result, I'm very depressed, so I have no energy to do anything.

Don't mean to bring the whole group down. Just wanted to try to explain why I haven't been on in awhile.

Love the work I see here. Keep it up:-)

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

sponsored links
Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,094 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005

May 29, 2016 14:45 as a reply to  @ MissFire's post |  #5957

Lynn, I am so sorry to hear your news. I don't know why bad things seem to come in a torrent.that is how my 2014 ended & 2015 went with my mom dying, Skip's tumor, my broken arm, our daughter's terrible accident & my son having surgery. I think we just learn to take one day at a time & plow through it because we have no choice. For me, I had to focus on the little ups in life everyday & find my blessings & things to be thankful for. When I truly remembered how horrific some people are forced to live, it became easier for me to do that. Hugs to you & don't forget your wonderful hubby by your side. :love:

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

May 30, 2016 14:28 |  #5958

Maureen, hearing what you have gone through, really put things in perspective! Your right I do need to take it one day at a time and focus on the little things in life, to remember that I do have a lot to be thankful for. It's hard to remember that when you feel like your world is crashing down around you. Thank you, I needed to hear that :-)

Hugs to you and your wonderful hubby, as well!:love:

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

Maureen ­ Souza
33,094 posts
Joined Feb 2005

May 30, 2016 15:02 |  #5959

Not always easy to do when one thing after another keeps slamming into you but I know when my mom was failing I resigned myself to the inevitable. I opted to look back over her 83 1/2 years and marvel at her daily accomplishments with raising 9 kids and always staying calm & composed, put meals on the table everyday and run a tight ship. On the day she passed, I got onto her bed and held her in my arms and talked to her about her life as a wife, mother, grandmother & sister. I like to think I helped her pass peacefully on where I told her dad was waiting for a dance and her baby daughter was waiting to be put into her mother's arms for the first time. It really made the whole experience wonderful & special instead of the other way around. I wasn't always successful at staying on course with finding positive things everyday; I had a few terrible days where I couldn't talk to anyone, couldn't talk at all for how much I cried but I made myself get through that & put my chin back up. I think as we get older, we get better at doing that.

5DMK4
7DMK2

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

May 30, 2016 22:09 |  #5960

Unfortunately, my Mother and I never had a real good relationship. It wasn't until she passed that guilt started eating away at me. I cried in the beginning, then the silence came. I was holding things too close to the vest. Not a good thing.
I kinda felt like a ship without a sail. My father being ill is kinda bringing that all back. I was in shock in the beginning. The morning after, I didn't say a word, but my answers were very short, I felt like throwing things. I was just so angryvmad
Craig didn't say a word, he was just there. Then the dam broke, and he held me. Unfortunately, all the old feelings of guilt are coming back to haunt me, and even though I have nothing to feel guilty about, they are still there just below the surface, eating away at me. I'm hoping I'll be able to hold it together, but I fear that may be a lost cause.
I just have to remember to put one foot in front of the other, put my chin up, and breathe. You might be right about the older we get, the better we get at doing that. I know my skin is getting tougher when it comes to my MIL;-)a
Thanks, Maureen, this helps:-)

Lynn

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Jun 02, 2016 12:41 |  #5961

Lynn, take it one day at a time. When my father's kidneys stopped working, I knew he would not be alive for much longer and I was very upset for a long time. My father was my best buddy, he was my champion. It's been now many years, I still miss him every day. My guilt is that even though I loved my mother, we were not as close. When she got older and less able to do anything, she liked my visits, but we didn't have much to talk about. Now that they are both gone for a long time, my Mom's death was exactly 4 years ago yesterday, I am free from the regrets. You can't change the past, just move forward, and I have.

Take it slow, be there emotionally for your father, if you can. Do something meaningful and fun for yourself every day.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, 7D2, SL1, G12, iPad Pro, iPhone 6P, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,094 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 2 years ago by Maureen Souza.

Jun 03, 2016 18:25 |  #5962

Well it is official.... I am old. Our oldest grandson graduated from Junior High today and is officially a high schooler. It was blazing hot at 0900 this morning & terrible sunlight but that's the way it goes sometimes.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5DMK4
7DMK2

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,292 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 03, 2016 23:15 |  #5963

My niece Elizabeth turned 8 today.

It seems like just yesterday she was a bald little baby. A little baby with no fear and a very adventurous spirit. Now she's a big girl with no fear and a very adventurous spirit. She's our little adrenaline junkie. Go faster, go higher, go bigger.

Melody

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jun 04, 2016 16:21 |  #5964

Maureen, Aaron looks like a young man ready for high school. :) Yes, they do grow up, don't they? My Greg is going to be a senior next fall. In one year, I will be without kids at home. I've been mothering for 32 years and one more to go. Like you, I have wonderful grandkids, so I'm busy. When Annie turns 14, I'll probably start thinking I need to retire.

My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,094 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 04, 2016 17:48 |  #5965

My 2 older grandsons & my 14 yr old great nephew are here for the weekend, again. I sometimes wish for a few peaceful days to myself but in reality I know these days are numbered with high school looming in 9 short weeks. So I let them come, feed them all day long & before I know it, Tristan & Ella will be taking their places. I don't think I will ever be lonely in my old age. ;-)a
I just took the little ones picture for their annual Father's Day gift. Tristan can be bribed wth candy but Ella just throws a tantrum, throws her letter D & is generally uncooperative. She just hit 16 months & already doing the tantrums & yelling "no!" all the time. 18 lbs soaking wet but mighty as a sword. ;-)a

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

Maureen ­ Souza
33,094 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 04, 2016 17:51 |  #5966

A couple of my Tristan who never likes his picture taken but asked me if I would. Such a cutie & I am a sucker for those big brown eyes.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,746 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 05, 2016 00:19 |  #5967

Love the grandkid pics, Maureen.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jun 05, 2016 08:33 |  #5968

Maureen, you have the cutest little brown eyed grandkids! How lucky are you? My two have green and blue eyes. Neither look like me, but they are so much my grandchildren. They are very happy when they come to see me. I will always be Nai-Nai to them and they always call my house Nai-Nai's house. We just love the time we have with them because we never know if they will move away. I will miss my Jared. We're flying to UT on Monday and he goes to the Mission Training Center in Provo on Wednesday. I won't see him for 2 years! He's playing the piano right now as I am typing this. I will miss that. He is a concert level pianist. They grow up so fast. And one day, you realize, they're gone and those home days will never happen again.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,094 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 05, 2016 13:58 as a reply to  @ SuzyView's post |  #5969

Suzie, all my grands have brown eyes except Aaron who has gray-green eyes. And I think they are all exceptionally cute but the middle 2 boys are stinkers at times. I am lucky to have all my kids living close by..... The farthest away is only 3 miles. When Aaron finishes high school, my son & his wife are planning to move to No. California or Oregon.....that will bet he first time in 40 years he will be far from me so I am gearing up. He is working on his Masters Degree with the hopeful outcome of becoming a College Dean. My girls will never leave but I am hoping in a few years to move to Hawaii. Probably not permanently but for a few years. We will see how it all goes.
So it was 106 here yesterday & 105 today......summer is setting in early. Next weekend we will spend 3 days in Monterey where it is about 70. In the meantime, I have a house full of kids all week (starting yesterday) so I will be due for a break. Hope you all have a great week!!!

5DMK4
7DMK2

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,292 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 05, 2016 14:54 |  #5970

My two niblets both have blue eyes. My sister was the only one of us four that got Mom's blue eyes, and she married a guy with blue eyes. The kids are also blonde. Both started out completely bald, then grew white/blonde hair, and now they are both dirty blonde and getting darker. Karen and Randy both had lighter hair when they were kids. Karen had light brown hair that is now dark brown. Randy was blonde and now is light brown.

All of us live fairly close. I'm at home with Dad, this month we will have been here for 32 years. Karen & Randy and Tim & Penny and the kids live in town, 5 kms away. Their houses are 3 blocks apart. Katie & Steve live in Fort Gratiot, Michigan. There is an international border between us, but if there are no delays at the border, we can be there in 30 minutes. Dad grew up 15 minutes down the road. Mom grew up on the other side of the country.

Melody

sponsored links

639,802 views & 1,354 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.