Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 30 May 2016 (Monday) 17:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN G-SERIES Speed Challenge # 589: Disney Tunes

Sibil
Cream of the Crop
9,565 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jun 06, 2016 17:45 |  #16

OhLook wrote in post #18031205 (external link)
FYI, anyone who's curious, my scene is a miniature. The cup and saucer are most of what remains of an old (really old :mrgreen: ) toy tea set. Then a small souvenir spoon. Metal dish is two pieces stacked, a tart pan on a tiny upside-down container. The "food" is cubes of raw potato with decorative sugar crystals on top, which dissolved and left color. The roses are real but small. Napkin and tablecloth are fabric/lace scraps. For "tea," ginger ale happened to be handy.

You fooled me. Great setup.

sponsored links
OhLook
Spiderwoman
19,084 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jun 06, 2016 18:07 |  #17

Sibil wrote in post #18031287 (external link)
You fooled me. Great setup.

Thank you. Actually, I wanted the scene to look miniature. I don't know where it went wrong.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

teekay
Goldmember
3,037 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jun 06, 2016 18:16 |  #18

Well done, OhLook, Trumper and Mark!

I knew my heavy crop of the long-distance shot of the jetboard guy didn't stand a chance but couldn't resist since it just happened to fit the title. The operator's support boat (not in the photo) had "YOU CAN FLY for just $89.95" in big letters on the side!

Maureen ­ Souza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,255 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 06, 2016 18:42 |  #19

I am humming them all week....

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 06, 2016 18:44 |  #20

Congratulations. M_Six, Trumper, OhLook
A wonderful place for fairies, a colorful Ka and a really nice miniature. I only realized the size of the scene after reading the description.

Thank you for hosting, Maureen and thanks for a nice theme and the comment.

Yes my Hook is my grandson, six years ago.
teekay's post and title song reminded me of that picture, deeply buried in my archives although displayed in an old web gallery (external link).
It was in new year eve 2009, when his uncle Rafa portrayed the Snow White's Wicked Witch (external link) (sort of). He smiled to the uncle's voice, but it took several minutes before my Hook was able to open his eyes :)

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

OhLook
Spiderwoman
19,084 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jun 06, 2016 18:44 |  #21

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18031346 (external link)
I am humming them all week....

You're humming them! :rolleyes:

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Maureen ­ Souza
THREAD ­ STARTER
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,255 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 06, 2016 18:44 |  #22

Teekay, I went back & forth between your photo & OhLook's so it was a contender regardless of the cropping.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Trumper
962 posts
Joined May 2003

Jun 07, 2016 04:28 |  #23

:-) Just superb work from the entrants this week ,well done everyone.Now i have read how Oh Looks was made i can only say brilliant.:lol:
Our snake is one of 4 Corn snakes we have.She is the mum of 2 of her offspring we hatched and kept.She is quite delicate and very sedate ,her "other half" is longer than i am tall and both 16 years old .The 2 offspring are now 8 years old.

OhLook
Spiderwoman
19,084 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jun 07, 2016 11:16 |  #24

Trumper wrote in post #18031730 (external link)
:-) Just superb work from the entrants this week ,well done everyone.Now i have read how Oh Looks was made i can only say brilliant.:lol:
Our snake is one of 4 Corn snakes we have.She is the mum of 2 of her offspring we hatched and kept.She is quite delicate and very sedate ,her "other half" is longer than i am tall and both 16 years old .The 2 offspring are now 8 years old.

Thanks, Trumper. I wouldn't say brilliant, but it does take a surprising long time to set up a scene like that. Having odd stuff around the house helps.

Your snake is pretty. 16 years? I didn't know they lived that long!

Trumper
962 posts
Joined May 2003

Jun 07, 2016 16:05 |  #25

OhLook wrote in post #18032010 (external link)
Thanks, Trumper. I wouldn't say brilliant, but it does take a surprising long time to set up a scene like that. Having odd stuff around the house helps.

Your snake is pretty. 16 years? I didn't know they lived that long!

I think they can live about 20 years in captivity.They have no predators,diseases, starvation issues in captivity so it is probably artificially higher and to be honest they don't move alot LOL :)

sponsored links

7,103 views & 6 likes for this thread
POTN G-SERIES Speed Challenge # 589: Disney Tunes
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.