Day 3 had us driving all around the Seronera region of the Serengeti. Another stunning array of wildlife and landscapes...
Birds from the day:
1. White-Backed Vulture in acacia
2. Super cute little SilverbirdIMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/JdPDbb Silverbird (Empidornis semipartitus) by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
3. Pygmy Falcon that I think KNEW we were shooting and posed for usIMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/HHjkqM Pygmy Falcon (Polihierax semitorquatus) by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
4. White-Bellied Bustard (mis-heard from our guide as White-bellied bastard - good for a laugh in the vehicle!)IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/JDzfRp White-bellied Bustard (Eupodotis serengalensis) by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
5. Lilac-breasted roller (because you can't have too many shots of these guys!)IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/HHjn7H Lilac-breasted Roller (Coracias caudatus) by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
6. White-browed coucal - looking a bit demonicIMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/HHnzq5 White-browed Coucal (Centropus superciliosus) by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
7. Tawny Eagle (light morph) hanging out with a Hooded VultureIMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/JAvo8W Tawny Eagle with Hooded Vulture by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
Since I'm limited to 7 on a post, you'll have to check out the day's photos at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskz8fQgo including a Tawny eagle making short work of a snake.