Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 09 Jun 2016 (Thursday) 11:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Brian Kline - Director Of Operations at House of Blues

amairphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,809 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Aug 2007
Post edited over 2 years ago by amairphoto.

Jun 11, 2016 20:30 |  #16

Ha the sock thing is driving me nuts here. Isnt this a photography forum? i dont post pics to get nitpiclkd about the subjects socks.....if i had a stylist then yes, it would be a different story. This guy turned up to get his portrait done. I did my job and there was not a chance in anything that i could have done anything about the socks, nor do i want to. Its a reflection of him and his wardrobe. like the previous poster statedi dont see anything wrong with the socks either. But man, i didnt think they were going to cause such a stir.

My Website: http://www.amairphoto.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Hinson
Goldmember
2,158 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 17, 2016 07:21 |  #17

DonJuanMair wrote in post #18036478 (external link)
. But man, i didnt think they were going to cause such a stir.

And that, friends, is why he wears them. It's his shtick and it works for him.

Artist tools: Lumix FZ1000 (Canon 60D, 28/2.8, 10-22mm, Tamron 28-300mm VC ALL NOW FOR SALE - REASONABLE OFFER)
Blog: www.jerrywhitephotogra​phy.com (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,296 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Jun 17, 2016 08:16 |  #18

I sometimes frequent styleforum.net and suffice it to say that most of us have NO idea what passes for edgy style and fashion. I think most males instijctively know what classic style (think Cary Grant or now, Leo de Caprio) looks like, but there's a whole other side to it with pants that end well above the socks, crazy scarves, etc.

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

flickr (external link)
If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

prncfarquad
193 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Post edited over 2 years ago by prncfarquad.

Jul 01, 2016 13:13 |  #19

There is really nothing that I don't like about this image. Love the yellow/orange/reds of the background and foreground. Love his pose and the dramatic lighting. I particularly like the way the light falls off of his face. Images such as this make me realize how far I have to go in my portrait photography. thanks for sharing!

PineBomb
I have many notable flaws
2,470 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Jul 01, 2016 13:28 |  #20

I think it's a great shot. Any more, I think I visit these threads to be amused by the brittlely prim sensibilities of photographers that are so easily shook by "distraction". Let the man have his sock choice.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

drew22mader
94 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2006
Post edited over 2 years ago by drew22mader. (2 edits in all)

Jul 04, 2016 19:05 |  #21

A very very nice shot, very well lit in my opinion. When people can't think of anything to say about the quality of the photo but must post something, they will nit pick. Great job!

Canon 5D MKIII Gripped - 7D gripped - 100mm 2.8L - 16-35 2.8L II - 24-70 2.8L II - 85 1.2L II - 70-200 2.8L II

PhotogHobbyist
37 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Nov 2015

Jul 04, 2016 20:00 |  #22

Very nice

sponsored links

5,778 views & 20 likes for this thread
Brian Kline - Director Of Operations at House of Blues
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.