Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 23 Jun 2016 (Thursday) 20:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

incredible bag for the money SAFROTTO / DOMKE

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,976 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2009
Post edited over 2 years ago by Dj R.

Jun 23, 2016 20:44 |  #1

Brand: SAFROTTO.
Model: CF300.
Color: Blue.
Exterior Dimension: 16" (W) X 8" (D) X 9" (H).
Shoulder PAD: included.
Weight: 4 lb 3 oz.

I got this bag (new) on fleabay (which is really the only place to get this bag) for $36.50 plus $19 for shipping.
This bag "would" be around $150 if it were priced according normally.
The quality of the canvas and workmanship are better than the new Domke gear.

If this is too big for you to use "on the go"... for the money, this bag could be a good way to store your gear in your home.
If you're a pro, you probably understand how a bag that sits upright and opens fully is convenient. you can toss glass in and swap on the fly.

I recommend seeing all that I can fit in this bag,
view my $0.10 iPhone video:

https://www.youtube.co​m/watch?v=sr9krQp9VmM (external link)

corrections! and gear list:
nikon gear in bag:
d750
d810
sb910 with kit
All G lenses:
20 1.8, 35 1.4, 58 1.4 (not 1.8), 85 1.4
fuji x100T
battery charger for flash
batter charger for nikon body
pez dispenser
macbook air 11" (2015) - NOT mbp

Hope this helps in some way!!!!
Super cheap, but quality bag!! I was shocked.

BAG Reviews, master list!
A7RIII, A7III, D850
All the best glass

sponsored links
Nightdiver13
Unabashed nerd!
2,272 posts
Joined May 2010

Jul 03, 2016 12:23 |  #2

Pez dispenser?! That was funny to see pulled out. Is it actually filled with Pez?

Neil

Nightdiver13
Unabashed nerd!
2,272 posts
Joined May 2010

Jul 03, 2016 14:19 |  #3

I'm having a hard time finding more info on their specific models, particularly what the differences are between the CF-1000 and CF-300, which are priced the same and aside from an inch here and there look to be pretty much identical. What made you go for one over the other?

Neil

Dj ­ R
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,976 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 03, 2016 20:58 |  #4

Nightdiver13 wrote in post #18056876 (external link)
Pez dispenser?! That was funny to see pulled out. Is it actually filled with Pez?

YES!
you can cut the edge of the feet off. and it fits in your hot shoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A7RIII, A7III, D850
All the best glass

Dj ­ R
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,976 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 03, 2016 21:07 |  #5

Nightdiver13 wrote in post #18056969 (external link)
I'm having a hard time finding more info on their specific models, particularly what the differences are between the CF-1000 and CF-300, which are priced the same and aside from an inch here and there look to be pretty much identical. What made you go for one over the other?

I don't really know.
I just needed a bag larger than most. and the price was right.
there's a guy on fred miranda who posted that the saffrotto line is actually made better than the new DOMKE line, so that helped me "go for it".
I don't regret it.

but I have no idea about other models, I am sorry.

A7RIII, A7III, D850
All the best glass

Nightdiver13
Unabashed nerd!
2,272 posts
Joined May 2010

Jul 03, 2016 21:35 |  #6

Dj R wrote in post #18057238 (external link)
YES!
you can cut the edge of the feet off. and it fits in your hot shoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! Now THAT is something I'd like to see.

These bags look really nice, and from the sound of things have more padding than the Domke equivalents. Thinking of grabbing one. Thanks for the helpful video.

Neil

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,715 posts
Joined May 2003
Post edited over 2 years ago by John from PA. (2 edits in all)

Jul 06, 2016 07:30 |  #7

The Safrotto bags have been discussed here before (as far back as 2006) and usually in a very positive light. I believe they come from China and the intent is to provide a Domke knock off. The current provider on eBay is a good seller and has a few different bags and colors. See http://stores.ebay.com …/_i.html?_fsub=​3172098012 (external link) or http://www.ebay.com/bh​p/safrotto (external link). In addition, Safrotto lens cases are available on Amazon.

Someone previously asked about the CF-1000. Some decent pictures are at http://www.dinodirect.​com …der-Canvas-Carry-Bag.html (external link).

Pencilnink
56 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Jul 06, 2016 13:16 as a reply to  @ Dj R's post |  #8

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like a good bag for the price to carry my Godox AD600

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 27, 2016 20:17 |  #9

John from PA wrote in post #18059282 (external link)
The Safrotto bags have been discussed here before (as far back as 2006) and usually in a very positive light. I believe they come from China and the intent is to provide a Domke knock off. The current provider on eBay is a good seller and has a few different bags and colors. See http://stores.ebay.com …/_i.html?_fsub=​3172098012 (external link) or http://www.ebay.com/bh​p/safrotto (external link). In addition, Safrotto lens cases are available on Amazon.

Someone previously asked about the CF-1000. Some decent pictures are at http://www.dinodirect.​com …der-Canvas-Carry-Bag.html (external link).

Thanks. very timely for me. I am an angry Canadian Domke customer. Local retailers rip me off. Cost is huge. Forget about buying postal pads or inserts. I have an F3X, F2, Domke vest, and maybe 6 Domke gripper camera straps. Vest is about 20 years old

Dave

sponsored links

3,159 views & 2 likes for this thread
incredible bag for the money SAFROTTO / DOMKE
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.