Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 29 Jun 2016 (Wednesday) 21:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Why I am done with AdoramaPix....

this thread is locked
HelenOster
That's me!
4,442 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 04, 2016 11:30 |  #31

chauncey wrote in post #18056705 (external link)
Without knowing any of your hiring criteria, it is becoming increasing obvious that the younger, pampered, generation
is not yet ready to assume the responsibilities of a full time job.

I'm flattered to be considered 'young' - I was born in 1960 - and very much look forward to being pampered (with 2 kids and a full time job, that doesn't happen very often)vmad

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

sponsored links
battletone
THREAD ­ STARTER
503 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2009
Post edited over 2 years ago by battletone. (2 edits in all)

Jul 04, 2016 11:36 |  #32

HelenOster wrote in post #18057620 (external link)
I needed to say exactly the same thing! I'm happy to go back and edit each response and put the words in a different order if you prefer.....

BTW I don't work for AdoramaPix, I work for Adorama Camera; I'm not a technician - just the messenger, doing my best to help. I'm truly sorry that I'm failing so badly to meet your expectations and those of the OP.

Please don't presume to know my expectations. You sat down in a public forum where an unhappy customer was venting about a company you are affiliated with. Nothing more, nothing less. I had already emailed support before posting. You offered to get involved, I forwarded you that email, I got a refund. Case closed. But if you are going to babysit this forum and this thread, I might "like" a sarcastic comment someone makes, and it doesn't mean anything. I even defended your company's shipping in someways when that came into question.
So please don't judge my expectations, you don't know me.

Cameras: 5D Mark IV, EOS 3, Elan 7
Lenses:15mm 2.8 fisheye, 16-35mm 2.8L II, 24-70mm 2.8L II, 85mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8L, 70-200L II IS
Tripod: Gitzo GT2531, Arca-Swiss Z1, RRS PC-LR
Lights: Photogenic PL1250 x2, 1500SL x1, Canon 580ex, YN 568ex II

PhotosGuy
75,488 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Jul 04, 2016 11:36 |  #33

HelenOster wrote in post #18057620 (external link)
I needed to say exactly the same thing! I'm happy to go back and edit each response and put the words in a different order if you prefer.....

BTW I don't work for AdoramaPix, I work for Adorama Camera; I'm not a technician - just the messenger, doing my best to help. I'm truly sorry that I'm failing so badly to meet your expectations and those of the OP.

Don't worry about it, Helen. What you do is head & shoulders above most of the other vendors we deal with!

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 04, 2016 15:56 |  #34
bannedBack in 5 months

chauncey wrote in post #18056705 (external link)
Without knowing any of your hiring criteria, it is becoming increasing obvious that the younger, pampered, generation
is not yet ready to assume the responsibilities of a full time job.

You start out by saying you have no idea about the hiring criteria and then go on assuming a young person was responsible for the issue...and then you generalize about a generation not ready to assume responsibility.

All this from admitted ignorance at the start of your post. Man, you could be very dangerous with some real information.

chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,696 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 04, 2016 16:17 |  #35

I have three adult children, two in management and one is a headhunter.
I am subject to a consent barrage of the worthlessness of the pampered new workforce.
I submit this as an example...https://www.yahoo.com …ting-dress-201632030.html (external link)

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43 (external link)

battletone
THREAD ­ STARTER
503 posts
Joined Sep 2009
Post edited over 2 years ago by battletone. (5 edits in all)

Jul 04, 2016 17:02 |  #36

chauncey wrote in post #18057895 (external link)
I have three adult children, two in management and one is a headhunter.
I am subject to a consent barrage of the worthlessness of the pampered new workforce.
I submit this as an example...https://www.yahoo.com …ting-dress-201632030.html (external link)

That has nothing to do with anything. guess we should put women behind the typewriters and coffee pots again. The mini skirt was okay though, Cheryl, could you put that skimpy little thing back on From the other day. That would be great. Thanks.

But let's go ahead and keep politics out of this.

Cameras: 5D Mark IV, EOS 3, Elan 7
Lenses:15mm 2.8 fisheye, 16-35mm 2.8L II, 24-70mm 2.8L II, 85mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8L, 70-200L II IS
Tripod: Gitzo GT2531, Arca-Swiss Z1, RRS PC-LR
Lights: Photogenic PL1250 x2, 1500SL x1, Canon 580ex, YN 568ex II

dankin
444 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by dankin. (4 edits in all)

Jul 06, 2016 12:06 as a reply to  @ post 18056234 |  #37

Sorry wasn't following this thread, so I didn't notice your reply. This happened to me a while back. Yes I contacted them, after several orders coming with at least a few of the photos bent. I sent a photo of the damage, and the response was that I should consider having them shipped somewhere else. There was no outside damage to the shipping box, the issue was that there where multiple size photos in the order, some 12x18's and 16x24's - the smaller photos were wrapped in plastic with cardboard support, but the 16x24's were just loose in the box and were bent from moving around. It was clearly a packing issue. I'll find the emails and forward them to you. For the record, I had no issues with the quality of the prints, my issue was with the packaging, and IMO they should have replaced the damaged photos.

Canon 6d, 16-35 F4 IS, 40mm Pancake, 70-200 F4 IS

mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,058 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 06, 2016 12:57 |  #38

dankin wrote in post #18059502 (external link)
Sorry wasn't following this thread, so I didn't notice your reply. This happened to me a while back. Yes I contacted them, after several orders coming with at least a few of the photos bent. I sent a photo of the damage, and the response was that I should consider having them shipped somewhere else. There was no outside damage to the shipping box, the issue was that there where multiple size photos in the order, some 12x18's and 16x24's - the smaller photos were wrapped in plastic with cardboard support, but the 16x24's were just loose in the box and were bent from moving around. It was clearly a packing issue. I'll find the emails and forward them to you. For the record, I had no issues with the quality of the prints, my issue was with the packaging, and IMO they should have replaced the damaged photos.

That is strange as it is the opposite of my experience. My 16x24s were wrapped to a separate sheet of cardboard and then they had cardboard corner protectors placed on them before being placed into the box for shipping. (I also have had piles of 8x10s and I think even a larger size as well which were in an envelope and then also wrapped securely to the cardboard backing.) I remember thinking to myself that they have used so much cardboard on my order that they ate through the shipping charge on the boxing materials alone.

As far as shipping them somewhere else, I can sort of understand the logic. Something that comes to my home is treated differently by those drivers than stuff from the driver that comes to my office. But this only becomes a factor when the damage is done by the last person in the chain.

dankin
444 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by dankin.

Jul 06, 2016 14:25 |  #39

mikeinctown wrote in post #18059542 (external link)
That is strange as it is the opposite of my experience. My 16x24s were wrapped to a separate sheet of cardboard and then they had cardboard corner protectors placed on them before being placed into the box for shipping. (I also have had piles of 8x10s and I think even a larger size as well which were in an envelope and then also wrapped securely to the cardboard backing.) I remember thinking to myself that they have used so much cardboard on my order that they ate through the shipping charge on the boxing materials alone.

As far as shipping them somewhere else, I can sort of understand the logic. Something that comes to my home is treated differently by those drivers than stuff from the driver that comes to my office. But this only becomes a factor when the damage is done by the last person in the chain.

Well hopefully they have improved the packaging. I just looked, and I haven't used them since 2014. Maybe I got a newbie packing my order, but it happened on more than one order.

Canon 6d, 16-35 F4 IS, 40mm Pancake, 70-200 F4 IS

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Post edited over 2 years ago by TooManyShots. (3 edits in all)

Jul 07, 2016 18:21 |  #40
bannedPermanent ban

Add me to this thread. I just received a picture frame order with pixellated print!!!! The original file size is over 4000 pixel resolution. The print quality is like it was enlarged from a low res Facebook quality jpg file, and blowing up to 8x12. Sigh.... I have to refund my client if this isn't getting sorted out. Also, the photo frame webpage is a bit buggy. Sometimes, you upload the shot and it takes forever to appear. Other times, it is pretty fast.

Here it is. All jaggies in their glory.....

http://www.oneimagingp​hotography.com …Paul/n-rcZ5f9/i-4HK8jCF/A (external link)

This is the shot I uploaded...

http://www.oneimagingp​hotography.com …Paul/n-rcZ5f9/i-RBWL2vn/A (external link)

One Imaging Photography (external link) and my Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Post edited over 2 years ago by TooManyShots.

Jul 07, 2016 18:22 |  #41
bannedPermanent ban

mikeinctown wrote in post #18059542 (external link)

The packaging is great. :) Too bad the print quality isn't always reliable....

Facebook (external link)

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 11, 2016 10:15 |  #42
bannedPermanent ban

Just spoke to the Adoramapix about the print quality. He is trying to educate me why the print is all jaggies and pixellated because of the grains and the motion blur in the shot. I told him I have shot over thousands of these bike races and hundreds of prints were made from Bay Photo. Not a single problem. He was trying to blame my camera's image quality. That didn't go far when I told him about how the shot was made with a D7000.

Gosh....mixing one issue with another to explain a problem they made. Grains caused pixellation in the photo. Absurd..... Now, they are going to print a proof to check for pixellation with my 11mb jpg file. I can see how this is going.....hehehehehe..​.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have another canvas print coming and it is going to be a $200 job. :) Sigh..... The worst part is that I contacted them via FB but haven't heard back from them, or only once about my order would be reprinted. Yet, I asked about my any status update, no replies. I emailed them but no replies. I had to call them this morning and this was the response I got.

Facebook (external link)

DagoImaging
Goldmember
1,817 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Nov 2012

Jul 11, 2016 10:26 |  #43

These issues are why I stick w/ Millers, WHCC and CGProprints for canvas. I've never had an issue with any of these while I've had plenty with Mpix, Adorama and BayPhoto.

Sony a6300/ 16-70/4 / 70-200/4 G / Sony HVL-60M

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Post edited over 2 years ago by TooManyShots.

Jul 11, 2016 10:40 |  #44
bannedPermanent ban

DagoImaging wrote in post #18063907 (external link)
These issues are why I stick w/ Millers, WHCC and CGProprints for canvas. I've never had an issue with any of these while I've had plenty with Mpix, Adorama and BayPhoto.

I can understand sometimes print problems can come up but to blame a seasoned photographer, who have shot and sold thousands of the same type of shots, for their own mistakes??? No, no, no........ Grains caused jaggies and pixellation...how did the film people manage to print anything good back in the days....

About Bay Photo, do you have any experiences with their Standout Mount? Bay Photo was my preferred print company when I was using the Smugmug business account. Nowadays, I only handle special print orders.

Facebook (external link)

Merlin_AZ
860 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 11, 2016 10:45 |  #45

TooManyShots wrote in post #18060755 (external link)
Add me to this thread. I just received a picture frame order with pixellated print!!!! The original file size is over 4000 pixel resolution. The print quality is like it was enlarged from a low res Facebook quality jpg file, and blowing up to 8x12. Sigh.... I have to refund my client if this isn't getting sorted out. Also, the photo frame webpage is a bit buggy. Sometimes, you upload the shot and it takes forever to appear. Other times, it is pretty fast.

Here it is. All jaggies in their glory.....

http://www.oneimagingp​hotography.com …Paul/n-rcZ5f9/i-4HK8jCF/A (external link)

This is the shot I uploaded...

http://www.oneimagingp​hotography.com …Paul/n-rcZ5f9/i-RBWL2vn/A (external link)

I know OT, but really nice pan.
I've only tried it once with a Lamborghini on a track, and had only 1 keeper out of the >200 shots I took.

sponsored links

11,231 views & 35 likes for this thread
Why I am done with AdoramaPix....
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.