Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 15 Mar 2005 (Tuesday) 19:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Gomar
527 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 11, 2016 18:27 |  #676

I am an alien from planet Zorkon.

sponsored links
Savethemoment
486 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2012

May 27, 2016 19:20 |  #677

Mine is from an afternoon in the backyard with my macro lens. I was lying on the ground next to a patch of these flowers (Australian native violets). It was sunny but there were clouds as well, so the light was changing constantly.

It was also windy so the flower was moving a bit, & keeping focus locked on the tip of the stamen (I think that's what the pointy bit in the middle of the flower is called) was challenging at f2.8, even with servo focus. It worked with this one just as a shaft of light hit the grass behind the flower. This is still my favourite from all my macro shots so I chose it for my avatar :-)

Always learning
Always looking for the good light

Larry ­ Johnson
Goldmember
1,280 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2011

May 27, 2016 19:27 as a reply to  @ Savethemoment's post |  #678

Hoss, my former duck hunting and hunt test partner.

flickr (external link)

Gungnir
687 posts
Gallery: 37 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 04, 2016 16:53 |  #679

Madge, my constant companion who loves going underground.

She's dug out many rabbit warrens sufficiently to turn around but it still surprises me when she comes out head first.

Steve
'Be the person your dog thinks you are'
#freetommy

jay125
back in 7th grade
10,596 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by jay125.

Jul 04, 2016 18:29 |  #680

Mine is now The Grim Reaper, since I've acquired the talent of bringing any thread I post in to a painful, grinding halt, aka Thread Killer. And my new title of Kill Team: Alpha represents as well.

feedback

gear list

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,017 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 04, 2016 19:45 |  #681

Whatever... its Homer...

Will immaculens.com (external link) gear
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,017 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 04, 2016 19:46 |  #682

I mean seriously...

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,477 posts
Gallery: 140 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 07, 2016 11:38 |  #683

Immaculens wrote in post #18058034 (external link)
Whatever... its Homer...

Immaculens wrote in post #18058035 (external link)
I mean seriously...

I must confess, I have no idea what you mean. Your avatar pic, now, when you say, "Homer", I don't think you mean Homer Simpson, because it doesn't look anything like him at all. The only other Homer I have ever heard of is some Greek character, like a god or something. So I suppose that's what you mean? If so, could you tell us why you chose Homer? It'd be interesting to learn why Homer has special meaning to you. I mean, after all, that i s the intent of this thread, I believe - to learn why people chose their avatar images, and what meaning if holds for them.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

GibJock
Don’t bait the TF, it’ll backfire on you.
9,457 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"
Post edited over 2 years ago by GibJock.

Jul 07, 2016 14:52 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #684

I think Will was responding to Jay's avatar, it certainly is Homer Simpron dressed as the Grim Reaper.

flickr (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,017 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 2 years ago by Immaculens.

Jul 07, 2016 15:52 |  #685

Jay: "Mine is now The Grim Reaper, since I've acquired the talent of bringing any thread I post in to a painful, grinding halt, aka Thread Killer. And my new title of Kill Team: Alpha represents as well."

Immaculens wrote in post #18058034 (external link)
Whatever... its Homer...

Immaculens wrote in post #18058035 (external link)
I mean seriously...

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18060431 (external link)

I must confess, I have no idea what you mean. Your avatar pic, now, when you say, "Homer", I don't think you mean Homer Simpson, because it doesn't look anything like him at all. The only other Homer I have ever heard of is some Greek character, like a god or something. So I suppose that's what you mean? If so, could you tell us why you chose Homer? It'd be interesting to learn why Homer has special meaning to you. I mean, after all, that i s the intent of this thread, I believe - to learn why people chose their avatar images, and what meaning if holds for them.

Ian Mackie wrote in post #18060581 (external link)
Imthink Will was responding to Jay's avatar, it certainly is Homer Simpron dressed as the Grim Reaper.

I apologize for banter on here and yes, I was responding to Jay's post. It is not the Grim Reaper. It is Homer dressed as the Grim Reaper. I mean seriously.

:-P  :p ;-)a

GibJock
Don’t bait the TF, it’ll backfire on you.
9,457 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Jul 07, 2016 16:14 |  #686

Immaculens wrote in post #18060629 (external link)
I apologize for banter on here and yes, I was responding to Jay's post. It is not the Grim Reaper. It is Homer dressed as the Grim Reaper. I mean seriously.

:-P  :p ;-)a

Apology accepted Will, keep up the good work!!  :p

flickr (external link)

Gungnir
687 posts
Gallery: 37 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 07, 2016 17:51 as a reply to  @ Immaculens's post |  #687

How do you know the Grim Reaper isn't Homer Simpson?

The whole purpose of The Simpsons could be an elaborate plot to prepare us for death and go out with a giggle.

Steve
'Be the person your dog thinks you are'
#freetommy

Lbsimon
...never exercised in my life
2,658 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 07, 2016 21:27 |  #688

Homer was a blind Greek poet who wrote Odyssey and Iliad. Is it why he has sunglasses?

5D Mark IV | 6D | S110
EF 17-40L | EF 24-105L (two) | EF 70-200L F4 IS | EF 100-400L II | EF 85 1.8 | EF 50 1.8 STM | Canon 1.4x III | Canon 1.4x II
Yongnuo 685 | Nissin Di622 M2 | Nissin Di422

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,477 posts
Gallery: 140 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 07, 2016 23:54 |  #689

Immaculens wrote in post #18060629 (external link)

Oh, ok, I get it. Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding.
I always look at the top right corner of a post to see if it is in reply to another post. Not seeing that, I assumed, quite wrongly, that it was not in reply or in response to any other post, and that was where I made my error.

And yeah, it's fine to banter on here. I actually like banter. No need to apologie for it.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

joeseph
"smells like turd"
9,659 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Jul 08, 2016 04:24 |  #690

I once took some photographs at a local race track. Hope no-one is offended...

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

sponsored links

103,481 views & 38 likes for this thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.