Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 26 Jun 2016 (Sunday) 15:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bait and switch Ebay buyer

HogansHeroes
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,932 posts
Gallery: 90 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 15, 2016 13:40 |  #31

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18052472 (external link)
Wow, that really sucks, and hard to prove otherwise.

I am in 180 degree opposite position right now.

I bought a bench-top belt sander on ebay, (as it happens I am an 18 year member with 350 100% positive feedback)

The sander arrived, well in tatters. The Sander WAS essentially brand new when I bid on it. It had been taken out of the box, but never fully assembled.

Seller took said item, did not "re-dis-assemble" but rather placed it in a totally unpadded U-Haul box that was about twice as big as would be necessary if dis-assembled.

The killer though was the total lack of packing material, it arrived with the box disintegrated around it, parts sticking out, and broken in about 5 places.

On top of that, the seller never bothered to find the other parts hat came with it new and include those, even though all of these parts were included in the description. Seller charged $75.00 for this genius level shipping.

Seller would not even speak with me about it, simply "file a claim with ebay, or with UPS"

anyway, sorry to hear that your getting conned. I hope ebay comes down on the right side in both cases.

Yea sorry about the ordeal you had, But good news finally,at 1st paypal decided in favor of the buyer,I appealed and got a notarized statement to send to them with added info..I won and got my money back plus I got to keep the cheap lens he sent back,Its worth about 20 bucks so I figure what the hell I am gonna keep it for all of my trouble,The clown gave me some nasty feedback 1st out of over 1000 but I dont care...So thats all folks..:)

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."
-Ansel Adams

sponsored links
Furlan
675 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Jul 15, 2016 16:44 |  #32

HogansHeroes wrote in post #18067906 (external link)
Yea sorry about the ordeal you had, But good news finally,at 1st paypal decided in favor of the buyer,I appealed and got a notarized statement to send to them with added info..I won and got my money back plus I got to keep the cheap lens he sent back,Its worth about 20 bucks so I figure what the hell I am gonna keep it for all of my trouble,The clown gave me some nasty feedback 1st out of over 1000 but I dont care...So thats all folks..:)

As far as the negative feedback you can have that removed I was in a similar position and it was removed by e-bay. I don't recall the exact procedure but I can tell you it
can be done. Also have the buyer banned from bidding on any future Items you might be listing.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,394 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 15, 2016 16:47 |  #33

Glad it worked out for you!

My case ended up my favor as well, got 100% of the funds back. :)
Once Ebay foudn in my favor, they removed the option for me to leave feedback.

As I was still waiting for the seller to do the right thing, he never got my "glowing review" ;)

Anyway, happy to have my money back.

Glad to see these ebay cases being handled fairly.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

HogansHeroes
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,932 posts
Gallery: 90 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 15, 2016 18:52 |  #34

Thanks guys,I have asked Ebay about the feedback but they are taking there time,Its hard to get ahold of a real person.

And yes CyberDyne sometimes things do work put as they should.

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."
-Ansel Adams

battletone
503 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 15, 2016 20:17 |  #35

So you kept with it and you won? Good job.

Cameras: 5D Mark IV, EOS 3, Elan 7
Lenses:15mm 2.8 fisheye, 16-35mm 2.8L II, 24-70mm 2.8L II, 85mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8L, 70-200L II IS
Tripod: Gitzo GT2531, Arca-Swiss Z1, RRS PC-LR
Lights: Photogenic PL1250 x2, 1500SL x1, Canon 580ex, YN 568ex II

battletone
503 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 15, 2016 20:19 as a reply to  @ post 18051349 |  #36

See above.

Cameras: 5D Mark IV, EOS 3, Elan 7
Lenses:15mm 2.8 fisheye, 16-35mm 2.8L II, 24-70mm 2.8L II, 85mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8L, 70-200L II IS
Tripod: Gitzo GT2531, Arca-Swiss Z1, RRS PC-LR
Lights: Photogenic PL1250 x2, 1500SL x1, Canon 580ex, YN 568ex II

sponsored links

5,924 views & 7 likes for this thread
Bait and switch Ebay buyer
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.