Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 18 Jul 2016 (Monday) 21:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Manual Flash Trigger Advise

Tigerkn
Goldmember
4,055 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by Tigerkn.

Jul 18, 2016 21:51 |  #1

One of my old school Yongnou 602 flash trigger just die and I still have one more but I think it is time to move on to the new school stuff. Please help me to know what is the next best thing to fire YN-560III.

I use 580EXII on camera for fill (ETTL) and attach the trigger to a sync cable to trigger my OCF in Manual. I've been off the market with these stuff for awhile so I have no clue what is the latest and greatest.

Is the YN-603 version II best for what I need? Please advise! Thank you in advance!

Website (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Gears (external link)

sponsored links
MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
12,710 posts
Gallery: 1104 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Feb 2013

Jul 18, 2016 23:32 |  #2

Heya,

The RF603CII would be the direct replacement if you plan to keep doing what you're doing.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

Tigerkn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,055 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 19, 2016 00:21 |  #3

I just read about the 605 and looks like it offer great option to turn on/off flashes, but too bad it doesn't pass through ETTL.

Is the 605 a better choice than the 603 v2 via sync cable? With the capability to turn off a certain flashes when not needed is a big plus.

Website (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Gears (external link)

agv8or
Goldmember
2,149 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 19, 2016 00:42 |  #4

Tigerkn wrote in post #18071170 (external link)
I just read about the 605 and looks like it offer great option to turn on/off flashes, but too bad it doesn't pass through ETTL.

Is the 605 a better choice than the 603 v2 via sync cable? With the capability to turn off a certain flashes when not needed is a big plus.

Manual trigger with ability to turn 4 Groups "on" or "off" and the transmitter has pass through TTL hot shoe? Phottix Starto II

Rand

Gear

Tigerkn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,055 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 19, 2016 07:52 |  #5

Thanks agv8or! PSII looks awesome. Would be easier to justify if my flash does not have built in RX :). I wish the PSII can trigger the YN-560III. I really don't want to add more gears and try to keep it simple and maybe just replace the TX instead of adding TX & RX.

YN-603 v2 looks good and YN-605 looks even better except it is bit bigger than the 603. It would be a challenge to velcro it to the 'ETTL-on camera flash'

Tigerkn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,055 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 20, 2016 17:33 |  #6

Anyone one here using Yongnuo 603 or 605 trigger? Is there a reason why you pick one over another?

sponsored links

1,413 views & 3 likes for this thread
Manual Flash Trigger Advise
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.