Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,086 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 02, 2016 10:18 |  #6046

Is everybody busy or just bored ;-)a..... Today I get back to regular babysitting as everyone is off vacation & back to work except the kids. Aaron has high school orientation tomorrow & he & Nick go back to school on the 11th. It gets earlier every year!

Next week I am going to make a run to LA with one of my long time friends to see Adele in concert. We bought Premium 1 seats in the 5th row, then we will drive home so I can get up & get back to work in the morning. Am I getting too old for this?!?!

What's everyone up to?

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

sponsored links
Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,281 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 02, 2016 21:57 |  #6047

I'm around now and then.

Last Friday was my last day at work. :cry: It was an absolutely wonderful place to work and I sure wish I could have stayed on. The original offer was three months of full time work while one of their mechanics went on parental leave, so his wife could go back to work. Six weeks into those three months, he decided to stay off for six months, so they asked me to stay on longer. No way I was going to pass up that opportunity! In all, I had 24 1/2 weeks.
So I had to pack up all my stuff and move my toolbox out at the end of Friday. I cried.
I spent Saturday with a friend. Sunday morning was church, where I discovered that the rooftop HVAC unit was leaking water through the ceiling. Spent a few hours band-aid-ing it together. Monday I did pretty much nothing but watch the NASCAR race, and then spent the evening with friends. Today I spent several hours fixing the HVAC unit, servicing and cleaning it. Inspected and changed the filters in the other two units as well. Then had baseball this evening.
Tomorrow I'm working. Good friends own a property maintenance company and I work for them any time I don't have any other work. He needs to take a couple of days off from the daily work to do family stuff and some quoting for other work. The guy he's had working with him this summer is only 15 years old, so he can't work on his own, and definitely can't drive. So tomorrow I get to learn the new lawnmower and the new contracts, then next week I work with the young guy.
Then, one of these days, I'll get my resume done and start pounding the pavement.

Melody

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 02, 2016 22:56 |  #6048

Hope you find a job soon, Melody. Keeping our fingers crossed here......

Miss Ella Bean turned 18 months old on Sunday & today I tried to do pictures even though she is coming down with a cold, had a runny nose & was clingy & crabby. I grabbed about 10 shots, most were decent but here is my favorite. Natural window light from my sliding glass door, 24-70mm lens at f/3.2.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5DMK4
7DMK2

blinkeredfilly
304 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 07, 2016 07:00 |  #6049

Hey everyone! I am around, don't log on much lately to the forums as since our company merger my hours have changed and increased some (which is a good thing!) So I haven't had the camera out too much this summer. However I was on vacation the week before last and went out on a Puffin Watch from New Harbor. It was a short cruise (an hour and a half) but it was a beautiful evening on the water. As I said, I haven't had the new camera out much so am still getting used to the combo of the 7DMKII and the Sigma 150-500. But I came away with a couple shots I was somewhat happy with.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

GibJock
Kill killer
9,648 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Aug 07, 2016 07:50 |  #6050

Nice shots Barbara, particularly like the 1st one with the "prop blur" as they say in the aviation threads.

flickr (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,235 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Aug 07, 2016 11:00 |  #6051

Great shots Barbara. I love puffins.

Mark

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 2 years ago by Maureen Souza. (2 edits in all)

Aug 07, 2016 18:23 |  #6052

Nice to hear from you, Barb. Love the Puffins as well....... We don't see too many of them on this coast.

Well I finished all my yard art projects last night. After cutting out the wood, I primed it, 2 coats followed by one coat of neutral exterior house paint. Then I drew in the details, applied 3 coats of acrylic paint followed by 2 coats of polyurethane sealer. It was a lot of work but it was a fun project. Our daughter's birthday is the 27th so I hope I can wait until then to give them to her.;-)a;-)a;-)a

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

GibJock
Kill killer
9,648 posts
Joined May 2013

Aug 08, 2016 00:47 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #6053

Hope our daughter isn't a POTN viewer or the surprise has gone :oops:

flickr (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 08, 2016 01:36 as a reply to  @ GibJock's post |  #6054

Nope, with 2 little ones, a full time job & another baby nearly due, she doesn't have time. Maybe the interest in another lifetime. :-)
Besides, I am not that dumb...... ;-)a;-)a

5DMK4
7DMK2

GibJock
Kill killer
9,648 posts
Joined May 2013

Aug 08, 2016 06:29 |  #6055

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18089463 (external link)
Besides, I am not that dumb...... ;-)a;-)a

Tut, tut, wouldn't even have thought that!! :rolleyes:

flickr (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 11, 2016 05:14 |  #6056

Drove to LA to see Adele at the Staples Center tonight. We bought VIP tickets & sat the the 5th row first riser (we don't like sitting down on the floor). Wow is all I can say. What a powerful voice & she is so funny & sweet. I will definitely go see her again!

5DMK4
7DMK2

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 11, 2016 22:25 |  #6057

Of course no cameras allowed in but these are the best I could do with my iPhone.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012
Post edited over 2 years ago by MissFire.

Aug 12, 2016 13:28 |  #6058

Even so, those are great shots, Maureen!

I am also a big fan of Adele!

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Aug 12, 2016 15:11 |  #6059

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18085118 (external link)
Miss Ella Bean turned 18 months old on Sunday

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18089260 (external link)
Our daughter's birthday is the 27th so I hope I can wait until then to give them to her.;-)a;-)a;-)a

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18093249 (external link)
Of course no cameras allowed in but these are the best I could do with my iPhone.

Miss Ella is sure cute and she's getting so big. :-D
Great job on the Christmas decorations, I'm sure she is going to love them.
Glad you had a good time at the Adelle concert...not bad phone pics (they actually look really good on my phone).

blinkeredfilly wrote in post #18088784 (external link)
Hey everyone! I am around, don't log on much lately to the forums as since our company merger my hours have changed and increased some (which is a good thing!) So I haven't had the camera out too much this summer. However I was on vacation the week before last and went out on a Puffin Watch from New Harbor. It was a short cruise (an hour and a half) but it was a beautiful evening on the water. As I said, I haven't had the new camera out much so am still getting used to the combo of the 7DMKII and the Sigma 150-500. But I came away with a couple shots I was somewhat happy with.

Love the puffins, Barbara.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 12, 2016 23:12 as a reply to  @ EastBayGirl's post |  #6060

Hope you are still shooting & having fun, Stina. I have 2 newborn shoots later this month. One mom is a repeat customer & the other shoot will be my new grandson. He is due in less than 2 weeks.

5DMK4
7DMK2

sponsored links

637,976 views & 1,354 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.