Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 07 Aug 2016 (Sunday) 17:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sylvie the Great

LisaJH
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 2 years ago by LisaJH.

Aug 07, 2016 17:49 |  #1

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
-Psalm 139:14

The last 3 1/2 months have been the most trying, scary, difficult time of our lives. Our sweet little Sylvie came into the world with a congenital heart defect that we were not aware of until she was a day old and failed a standard newborn test in the hospital. She was whisked away from us via helicopter and flown to the Phoenix Children's Hospital, where she underwent further testing, and we soon learned that our beautiful, perfect, new baby girl would need open heart surgery. Talk about a shock.

These past few months have been filled with anxiety and worry for the future, hope that she would come through this well, and so many mixed emotions I couldn't describe them if I tried. Our sweet girl did indeed have open heart surgery 13 days ago. She came through it like the warrior that I knew she was. She was off the ventilator in less than 12 hours and home in just 6 days. Her zipper is healing amazingly well (no, I did not touch it up at all). I can see the strength of an old soul in her eyes, and I do not know who decided I was worthy of being her mother, but I am so thankful and am looking forward to the journey. <3

A huge thank you goes out to all of our wonderful family and friends, her nurses and doctors, her surgeon, and everyone who has supported us during this time, lifted us up when we felt we had hit rock bottom, and made sure our sweet Sylvie would be able to go on and live a full life. <3

IMAGE: https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8564/28214566454_8bdaa122cb_o.jpg

~Mom of 11 and Professional Photographer~
5DIV | 5DIII | 5DII | 40D | 400L | 200L | 70-200L II | 85L | 50 1.0L | 50 1.2L | Sigma 50mm Art Lens | 16-35L II | TS-E 90 | 100 Macro | Random Lensbaby & OCF Gear
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
IShootThings
I thought I was special.......
2,032 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 07, 2016 17:55 |  #2

Very glad she's ok, she looks great! I can't even imagine to begin how hard that first day was and how difficult the day of the surgery must have been. I'd be a wreck if it was my own child. Congrats to you and you're family!

As always, excellent work!

Canon 5D3, Canon XTI (IR converted), 24-70 f2.8L, 16-35 f4L, 50 1.4, 70-200 f2.8L, 100 2.8 macro, 430 ex & 580 exII speedlights.

Capn ­ Jack
Goldmember
2,545 posts
Gallery: 1140 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 07, 2016 18:12 |  #3

Congratulations to you, glad things worked out.

Lt ­ Colonel
644 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Aug 07, 2016 19:07 |  #4

God bless you and Sylvie and may he watch over her recovery.

5DIII, 6D, 7D2, 5DMKIV,1DMK4,EOS-M,1DX
https://woodawg.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)

FLiPxJB
139 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2014

Aug 08, 2016 08:29 |  #5

Congrats to you and your family. She is adorable. God Bless.

| Canon 5Div | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 35mm f/1.4L II | 50mm f/1.2L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 1.4x III I Speedlite 600EX-RT (2x) | ST-E3-RT | f-stop Lotus | Manfrotto MT190GOC4TB | Acratech GPSs Ballhead |

cameragal1
313 posts
Joined Jul 2014

Aug 08, 2016 10:59 |  #6

Priceless - the baby, the image, the story.

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,110 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 08, 2016 15:25 |  #7

Thank the Lord she did so beautifully, Lisa. Keep us updated & keep those amazing pictures coming!

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

WesX
25 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2012
Post edited over 2 years ago by WesX.

Aug 08, 2016 22:23 |  #8

As a father of a 3 year old and another one on the way, I can't imagine going through what you've had to go through. It's absolutely heartbreaking. So glad she's doing great and recovering quickly. God bless.

Beautiful photo of her!

D.G.A Director | Photographer | Graphic Designer
WESKO Pictures, LLC. & WESKO Films
http://www.weskopictur​es.com (external link)
RED Raven #000538
RED Scarlet-X #0744 (SOLD)
Canon 5DmkII

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,172 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 09, 2016 09:01 |  #9

Continued blessings to Sylvie and your family. Her eyes do tell the story, she is a precious gift from God to you and your family.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

dawssvt
406 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 22, 2016 15:05 |  #10

Wow! What a blessing!

St. Louis, MO Portrait and Wedding Photographer (external link)
My Smugmug (external link)

sponsored links

2,325 views & 24 likes for this thread
Sylvie the Great
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.