Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 27 May 2015 (Wednesday) 18:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony A7x lounge

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,767 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by David Arbogast.

Sep 04, 2016 12:49 |  #23281

Evening yesterday in Newnan, Georgia's historical residential district with Sigma 20mm f/1.4 Art:

IMAGE: https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8100/28831960783_7e46866eac_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/LKEv​dz  (external link) Newnan Historical District (external link) by David Arbogast (external link), on Flickr

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, Sigma 35mm F/1.2, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

sponsored links
Puckman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,311 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 04, 2016 12:56 |  #23282

David Arbogast wrote in post #18116702 (external link)
Evening yesterday in Newnan, Georgia's historical residential district with Sigma 20mm f/1.4 Art:

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/LKEv​dz  (external link) Newnan Historical District (external link) by David Arbogast (external link), on Flickr

It's not 5d3 level... :)

Kidding. Beautiful as usual. I am looking for some new things/places to shoot. Was about to go to downtown agai this morning. But I overslept. I really need to stop going back to the exact same shots and find some new locations.

Sony A7RII and a bunch of lenses.

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,767 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 04, 2016 13:01 |  #23283

Puckman wrote in post #18116710 (external link)
It's not 5d3 level... :)

Kidding. Beautiful as usual. I am looking for some new things/places to shoot. Was about to go to downtown agai this morning. But I overslept. I really need to stop going back to the exact same shots and find some new locations.

Haha...I feel your pain. I was intending to shoot the balloon festival at Callaway Gardens last evening, but got away so late I was afraid I might not get in, so I just drove up to Newnan instead (the house above has been on my shot list for a while). Tonight is my last shot for the balloons, so will be leaving soon for that. Probably won't be worth it though.

Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, Sigma 35mm F/1.2, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
8,228 posts
Gallery: 565 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 04, 2016 13:02 |  #23284

QUOTED IMAGE

the color and detail is outstanding, the little bits of warm light hitting pieces of the building really adds to it...wonderful image.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link)|YouTube (external link)

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
8,181 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 04, 2016 13:03 |  #23285

QUOTED IMAGE

Wow what an amazing house! Superbly captured David. Love the framing and the leading line of the driveway.

Puckman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,311 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 04, 2016 13:15 |  #23286

I gotta make myself a shot list. That way I'll have a plan for when I'm looking for something to shoot.
I tend to end up at the same 3 or 4 places every time.
Although I have to say I had been wanting to shoot that Santa Monica pier at night for ages. So I can cross that off my list.
Same with the Griffith observatory.

I could probably put together a calendar or similar of SoCal piers now (a pet project of mine).
I have "winning" shots for the piers coming down the coast from Ventura, Santa Monica, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, balboa pier, San Clemente and Oceanside.
I'm still missing Manhattan beach and redondo beach (Charlie's territory).

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,767 posts
Joined Aug 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by David Arbogast. (2 edits in all)

Sep 04, 2016 13:21 |  #23287

TRhoads wrote in post #18116713 (external link)
the color and detail is outstanding, the little bits of warm light hitting pieces of the building really adds to it...wonderful image.

Thanks Travis. :)

digital_AM wrote in post #18116714 (external link)
Wow what an amazing house! Superbly captured David. Love the framing and the leading line of the driveway.

Thank you Alfredo! It's not the greatest leading line in the world but that was part of the plan for this image.

Puckman wrote in post #18116727 (external link)
I gotta make myself a shot list. That way I'll have a plan for when I'm looking for something to shoot.
I tend to end up at the same 3 or 4 places every time.
Although I have to say I had been wanting to shoot that Santa Monica pier at night for ages. So I can cross that off my list.
Same with the Griffith observatory.

I could probably put together a calendar or similar of SoCal piers now (a pet project of mine).
I have "winning" shots for the piers coming down the coast from Ventura, Santa Monica, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, balboa pier, San Clemente and Oceanside.

I don't have a real shot list - more of a mental one. Actually, one of the things I do is tag sites that I want to visit on Google Earth, so that's a sort of an organic shot list.

One thing I am finding extremely helpful is following all the tourism channels for my region on Facebook. They're always highlighting something cool. I discovered this house from the "Forgotten Georgia" Facebook channel.

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
8,228 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 04, 2016 13:22 |  #23288

Puckman wrote in post #18116727 (external link)

I am working on a book about piers...it will take a while to get enough material for it...but it has been in the works for a few years now...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link)|YouTube (external link)

Puckman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,311 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 04, 2016 13:34 |  #23289

A book is way too ambitious for me. I was going for a calendar (12 pics) of SoCal piers.
You make it out here to our SoCal piers yet?

Puckman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,311 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 04, 2016 13:37 |  #23290

David Arbogast wrote in post #18116734 (external link)
Thanks Travis. :)

Thank you Alfredo! It's not the greatest leading line in the world but that was part of the plan for this image.

I don't have a real shot list - more of a mental one. Actually, one of the things I do is tag sites that I want to visit on Google Earth, so that's a sort of an organic shot list.

One thing I am finding extremely helpful is following all the tourism channels for my region on Facebook. They're always highlighting something cool. I discovered this house from the "Forgotten Georgia" Facebook channel.

That's a great idea. I'll do that too.

I didn't even mean a written list. I don't really have a mental list either. That's part of my problem. I should put a bit more effort in thinking my shots through.

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
8,228 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by TRhoads.

Sep 04, 2016 13:45 |  #23291

Puckman wrote in post #18116747 (external link)
A book is way too ambitious for me. I was going for a calendar (12 pics) of SoCal piers.
You make it out here to our SoCal piers yet?

it is ambitious...but it gives me a goal...I need to get out there to the SoCal piers. never even been down there.

I have done a calendar almost every year since 2008 or so...of a variety of things, race cars, my landscapes, family photos...I do a batch every year...I want something more substantial at some point.

LeeRatters
Cream of the Crop
5,571 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 04, 2016 14:13 |  #23292

genesimmons wrote in post #18116385 (external link)
professional may not have been a good choice of words but,one would assume if u are spending 4k on a camera and 2500 for a lens that u are prob more than a hobbyist,

i can view quick snaps in any thread i suppose buti like this thread for its info more tha anything,if i am interested in a lens most times some one here has had it or has it,and is more than willing to share their findings.

i enjoy seeing the higher quality images these cams are capable of.it actually inspires me.to try to mimic them, professional may have been bad choice of words but like i have said a few times i am not condoning insults but i could see as an outsider some images here are quick snaps equal to a rebel maybe.

anyhoo like mentioned i hope this is all behind this thred,i am hoping to get out and shoot,been rainy 2 days here at work:-(

^^ I was on your side with that one ;)

>> Flickr << (external link)

>> Instagram<< (external link)

LeeRatters
Cream of the Crop
5,571 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 04, 2016 14:23 |  #23293

This self portrait [A7 - FD28] was at sunrise one morning. Used the Remote App but didn't realise it then saved as jpeg not Raw - unless I can change that setting...??

IMAGE: https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8450/29351873201_550683fb76_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/LHJ2​ik  (external link)

It's shot from somewhere up on top of this cliff :)

A7 - FE35 - ND110

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8187/29260298072_86d16c5f03_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/LzCF​cN  (external link)

>> Flickr << (external link)

>> Instagram<< (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,185 posts
Gallery: 444 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 04, 2016 14:26 |  #23294

Pratik Naik
As a famous photo retoucher, is surrounded with photoshop savvy friends so when he uploaded this photo in his blog, he got the unexpected outcomes. Lesson learned. haha

This is my version.

the blog
http://retouchist.net …and-here-is-the-aftermath (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIV/A73//A6000/FDR-X3000 | Sigma105 | FE1635F4 } Tamron 17-28 Tamron 28-75 | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Puckman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,311 posts
Joined Sep 2013
Post edited over 3 years ago by Puckman.

Sep 04, 2016 14:33 |  #23295

TRhoads wrote in post #18116756 (external link)
it is ambitious...but it gives me a goal...I need to get out there to the SoCal piers. never even been down there.

I have done a calendar almost every year since 2008 or so...of a variety of things, race cars, my landscapes, family photos...I do a batch every year...I want something more substantial at some point.

You need to get out here then. Can't have a book about piers without some of the iconic SoCal piers.

Speaking of which I forgot to mention the seal beach pier which burned down due to a fire earlier this summer.
I have a couple of shots of the burned wreckage (didn't get to it before the fire) but neither came out well enough to print.

I definitely think I'll put together a 2017 calendar was the pier collection I have so far.
Might share the 12 shots here as I select them.

sponsored links

4,309,207 views & 33,339 likes for this thread
Sony A7x lounge
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.