Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 07 Sep 2016 (Wednesday) 13:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= 5D Mark IV owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

bildeb0rg
Goldmember
3,334 posts
Gallery: 456 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 09, 2016 01:48 |  #31

Synchronized releases wouldn't work as who's to say who gets priority, Canon or Nikon?

sponsored links
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
38,898 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 4 years ago by TeamSpeed.

Sep 09, 2016 08:07 |  #32

And where is the financial incentive for Canon to work with Adobe and other companies? Who would fund it? Certainly not Canon. Certainly not Adobe. Neither make additional revenue by working together or by adding patches for new camera releases, at least not in the short term.

In today's industry, any effort has to be funded by some party and it has to show some sort of return. In this case, Canon doesn't lose sales by not having LR and other tools support their new raw, and neither does Adobe. So these types of "support" projects happen when they happen.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

planet5D
251 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2012

Sep 09, 2016 08:24 |  #33

Scrumhalf wrote in post #18121412 (external link)
What I can't understand is why Canon can't get Adobe to work closely with them ahead of time with the right NDAs so that a new LR version is released at the same time as the camera. This kind of stuff happens all the time in the computer industry with drivers, etc. It seems like it would really boost the excitenent among the end users to be able to use their usual programs and generate good data on the camera's performance.

Yea, I can't stand it either and ranted about it... http://blog.planet5d.c​om …ry-and-be-ready-on-day-1/ (external link)

Light L16: http://lightRumors.co
the premier community for Light L16 owners

planet5D
251 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2012

Sep 09, 2016 08:29 |  #34

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18122078 (external link)
And where is the financial incentive for Canon to work with Adobe and other companies? Who would fund it? Certainly not Canon. Certainly not Adobe. Neither make additional revenue by working together or by adding patches for new camera releases, at least not in the short term.

In today's industry, any effort has to be funded by some party and it has to show some sort of return. In this case, Canon doesn't lose sales by not having LR and other tools support their new raw, and neither does Adobe. So these types of "support" projects happen when they happen.

Funding? My wife always says 'it is about the money' but I don't see the point here has any validity.

Adobe is GOING to do the support for the new RAW one way or the other.

So it is simply a matter of timing.

Now I can hear Canon saying 'we don't lock down the RAW specifications until just before release' - but let's be real. They've been producing and packing boxes for weeks to be able to deliver worldwide. Which included DPP CDs - so they could have delivered the .cr2 specs to Adobe on the day the DPP software was delivered to the CD duplicators.

Light L16: http://lightRumors.co
the premier community for Light L16 owners

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
7,039 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 09, 2016 09:35 |  #35

Subscribing to see more dog and cat pics! :lol:

My Website: http://www.amairphoto.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

Talley
Talley Whacker
11,091 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 09, 2016 09:43 |  #36

DonJuanMair wrote in post #18122170 (external link)
Subscribing to see more dog and cat pics! :lol:

/facepalm

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
11,835 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 09, 2016 09:51 |  #37

I would go for some High Iso Jpeg shots at this point

get them out fellas. lets see what this thing can do

12800 Jpegs needed:-P

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
11,835 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 09, 2016 09:51 |  #38

25000 Iso Jpegs really needed

go for it :p

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

peteg1
Goldmember
1,424 posts
Gallery: 186 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Sep 09, 2016 09:55 |  #39

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i280.photobucke​t.com …_zpste7veeh7.jp​g~original (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i280.photobucke​t.com …_zpsrrcwcrgk.jp​g~original (external link)

Zenfolio (external link)
Gear List

digital ­ paradise
I still have 8 digits left
17,456 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 09, 2016 10:07 |  #40

Nogo wrote in post #18121907 (external link)
He was using JPeg Large, not RAW. Even the older Lightroom versions can handle the JPegs out of any of the new Canon cameras.

Thanks. I figured it out this morning

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

jkokbaker
554 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 09, 2016 10:09 |  #41

I've ordered the new L bracket from RRS, but in the meantime will I be able to use my L bracket from my 5d II? I know it won't be a perfect match but I figured I would be able to attach it to the 5D IV somehow, does anybody know if this will work for a stop gap fix until the new L bracket arrives?

5D IV, Rokinon 14mm, Zeiss 21mm, Rokinon 24mm 1.4, Canon 24-105L, Speedlight 430EX II

Talley
Talley Whacker
11,091 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 09, 2016 10:14 |  #42

jkokbaker wrote in post #18122222 (external link)
I've ordered the new L bracket from RRS, but in the meantime will I be able to use my L bracket from my 5d II? I know it won't be a perfect match but I figured I would be able to attach it to the 5D IV somehow, does anybody know if this will work for a stop gap fix until the new L bracket arrives?

I wouldn't suggest it. You have the chance of scratching the paint off. I know a friend who did that. put a line on the bottom of the camera.

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
51,873 posts
Gallery: 190 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited over 4 years ago by CyberDyneSystems.

Sep 09, 2016 10:17 |  #43

5DII L bracket will NOT fit on a 5D3, not even close. 5D4 is very much sized like 5D3, so I doubt it.

However, I would think there may a good chance that plates and maybe L bracket too from 5D3 will fit 5D4.

jkokbaker wrote in post #18122222 (external link)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Talley
Talley Whacker
11,091 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 09, 2016 10:18 |  #44

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18122236 (external link)
5DII L bracket will NOT fit on a 5D3, not even close. 5D4 is very much sized like 5D3, so I doubt it.

However, I would think there may a good chance that plates and maybe L bracket too from 5D3 will fit 5D4.

5D4 is a tad skinnier. If it does fit I'll be ticked because I sold my RSS L bracket from the 3. I saw the dimensions and grip being different and such and said eh.. no way it'll match up. sold it.

My Gear Archive

Bearmann
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Location: I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.

Sep 09, 2016 10:26 |  #45

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18121438 (external link)
It's not Canon, it's Adobe, C1, Corel, et al.
It happens with EVERY RAW (current) converter for EVERY brand.
The only exception to that rule was a thing called BreezeBrowser, but that's gone and it only worked for Canon.

And it really only lasts a few weeks. Usually only the oddball die-hard's that pre-order ever actually face this issue :) (and Oh yes, i have faced it many times!) When you consider that the 5D3 has been out for years, and that only those that got it in the first two weeks or so faced it, it's really a total non problem. Early adopters are not driving the market.

What was the exception with Breezebrowser? Please explain. By the way, I think Breezebrowser Pro is still available for purchase.

Barry

http://b-r-s-photo.zenfolio.com (external link) (remove the dashes)

sponsored links

3,563,347 views & 43,937 likes for this thread
-= 5D Mark IV owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.