Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,086 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 2 years ago by Maureen Souza.

Sep 07, 2016 19:26 as a reply to  @ post 18120012 |  #6091

My grandkids don't keep the binky in as new babies either...it really takes them a couple of months to get the hang of them. However, my daughter & I were adamant on making them take it as it was the only thing that soothed them. I shove it in & hold it there until they take hold of it & hold it in place until they are asleep. Ella is still very needy with hers; Tristan had his just taken away before he was 2 1/2. Easier to get rid of than the thumb.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

sponsored links
MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Sep 08, 2016 12:37 |  #6092

Well, we were living with my MIL at the time. Being a new mother, I didn't know any better. She was the only guide I had. Also, what she says goes. She was of the belief that we were living in her house, we had to go by what she said, regardless if I was an adult, and they were my children!
Craig didn't really go against her at that time. I probably should've had a little more backbone, but I'm the kinda person that doesn't like to upset the apple cart.(If you know what I mean)
So, the bottle was taken away from my daughter when she was a year old, as a result she sucked her thumb! And, my MIL didn't like pacifiers! I tried it the one time with my son, when she wasn't around:-) It wasn't until we moved to Louisiana that I was able to escape her control.

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 08, 2016 14:56 |  #6093

Miss Ella today......love this baby girl!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 08, 2016 15:01 |  #6094

Lynn, I lived in a car with a baby many years ago......too stubborn/stupid to ask for help or to move back home. I had about 5 rocky years without a pot to pee in but I wouldn't trade those horrible years for anything. They made me strong, helped me learn that I could survive, drove me through nursing school & strengthened my determination. It also helped me allow my children to do the same.

5DMK4
7DMK2

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 2 years ago by Maureen Souza.

Sep 09, 2016 23:40 |  #6095

So.... today I sold my 5D3 and the 5D4 arrived. The instruction booklet is 3 times thicker than the one for the 3 so I have a lot of reading to do. That said, I put my fave settings into the camera, took about 8 pictures and guess what? I cannot open them in Photoshop because it doesn't support my camera yet; Adobe said it could take 90 days to add the new camera into the support system! What?!?! They should be ready to go as soon as the camera is released as they have 3 months warning that it is coming out.

Booooo!

5DMK4
7DMK2

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,235 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Sep 10, 2016 00:19 |  #6096

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18122967 (external link)
So.... today I sold my 5D3 and the 5D4 arrived. The instruction booklet is 3 times thicker than the one for the 3 so I have a lot of reading to do. That said, I put my fave settings into the camera, took about 8 pictures and guess what? I cannot open them in Photoshop because it doesn't support my camera yet; Adobe said it could take 90 days to add the new camera into the support system! What?!?! They should be ready to go as soon as the camera is released as they have 3 months warning that it is coming out.

Booooo!

Congrats on the new camera Maureen. Have you tried using DPP? It's a pretty good program these days.

Mark

GibJock
Kill killer
9,647 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Sep 10, 2016 01:41 |  #6097

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18122967 (external link)
So.... today I sold my 5D3 and the 5D4 arrived!

Time to change your signature block Maureen :oops:

flickr (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 10, 2016 18:23 as a reply to  @ rrblint's post |  #6098

Mark, I did download Dpp to open the photos. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I did not need to edit any of them!! All I did was crop them. Here are the first 2 shots I took of my dog, Jack. No flash, just a window behind me.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Sep 11, 2016 13:15 |  #6099

Wow, Maureen, nice photos from that camera.

Congrats on the 5dIV, makes me want to have one. Need to wait a year at least, no finances yet;-)a

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 11, 2016 16:50 as a reply to  @ MissFire's post |  #6100

Lynn, I saved all year since I figured it would come out this month. I photographed a whole pre-school last spring & socked the $$ away towards the camera. :-D

5DMK4
7DMK2

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 14, 2016 00:32 |  #6101

So I had a few minutes to play with the camera with the 135/f2 lens this early evening. This shot is at f/2.0 taken in early evening light. Cropped and a bit of contrast added, no sharpening or anything else as I don't have my beloved Camera RAW available yet. i called Adobe yesterday & she told me 60-90 days before the next update would come out.

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

Calicajun
Goldmember
2,916 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 15, 2016 22:23 |  #6102

Candy Cane flowers, very nice, would make a nice Christmas card.

Remember, Stressed spelled backward is Desserts.:)
Suggestions welcome.
5DIII, EF 50 1.4, EF 40 f2.8, EF 24-105L IS , EF 70-200 f4L IS, 580EX ll

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Sep 16, 2016 05:48 |  #6103

I just got my 5DIV off the delivery truck yesterday, too. It was waiting for me when I got home from lunch with friends. It was pretty light in the box, so I was surprised to see the camera itself is beefy, very much a 5D series with so many features, the manual is rather thick. I may have to do tutorial on line. The 24-70 II I got two weeks ago is very nice. I like it much better than my old 24-70, which I've had for many years and feels a little used. The new lens focuses super fast and can keep up with the new camera. The shutter on the 5D2 was clunky. It didn't have the sexy sound the 7D2 has. Then the 5DIV's shutter sounds completely different. I think the new mechanism for the mirror makes the sound different and interesting, not what I expected. The 7D2's shutter is very much a familiar sound, but I will get used to it. Turned off the beeping immediately. Pet peeve. I just have to figure out how to store JPEG on one disk and RAW on the other. Any help would be good.

I don't have a dog, but I took some pictures of my yard with my 17-40 and the images looked good. I will test it tonight. Hubby having his party tonight with friends. Should be fun.

Congrats on the camera, Mo. I knew you'd get one, too. I just had to wait for mine, but I get $200 from Amazon and now fighting with Canon to get $200 back for the rebates they are putting on now.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, 7D2, SL1, G12, iPad Pro, iPhone 6P, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,235 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Sep 16, 2016 10:55 |  #6104

SuzyView wrote in post #18129759 (external link)
I just got my 5DIV off the delivery truck yesterday, too. It was waiting for me when I got home from lunch with friends. It was pretty light in the box, so I was surprised to see the camera itself is beefy, very much a 5D series with so many features, the manual is rather thick. I may have to do tutorial on line. The 24-70 II I got two weeks ago is very nice. I like it much better than my old 24-70, which I've had for many years and feels a little used. The new lens focuses super fast and can keep up with the new camera. The shutter on the 5D2 was clunky. It didn't have the sexy sound the 7D2 has. Then the 5DIV's shutter sounds completely different. I think the new mechanism for the mirror makes the sound different and interesting, not what I expected. The 7D2's shutter is very much a familiar sound, but I will get used to it. Turned off the beeping immediately. Pet peeve. I just have to figure out how to store JPEG on one disk and RAW on the other. Any help would be good.

I don't have a dog, but I took some pictures of my yard with my 17-40 and the images looked good. I will test it tonight. Hubby having his party tonight with friends. Should be fun.

Congrats on the camera, Mo. I knew you'd get one, too. I just had to wait for mine, but I get $200 from Amazon and now fighting with Canon to get $200 back for the rebates they are putting on now.

Congrats on the new 5D4 Suzie. The manual is rather lengthy but the section that covers card selection starts on page 166.

HOSTED PHOTO

Mark

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 16, 2016 12:27 |  #6105

We went to the fair with Tristan yesterday & I elected to take my older camera because fairs are pretty dirty. Here I have been using the new body & learning some of the new options. I wish I could afford the new 24-70 lens, Suzie but medical costs have eaten into the budget. Damn Obamacare is killing me.

5DMK4
7DMK2

sponsored links

637,887 views & 1,354 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.