Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 12 Sep 2016 (Monday) 21:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

DELL INSPIRON 5559 LAPTOP MONITOR

Jiggo0109
376 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 12, 2016 21:28 |  #1

Hi everyone,

Id' like to ask if there is any way that I can make the display more vivid.. This unit has an Intel HD graphics on board and shared with RADEON graphics card. However, The display is not showing crisp images and its kind of dull... Somehow less contrast is what I see from its monitor.. I tried to search its settings but I am not successful in doing so.

Is there anybody who knows how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance.

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
13,354 posts
Gallery: 1718 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Feb 2013

Sep 12, 2016 21:33 |  #2

Jiggo0109 wrote in post #18126102 (external link)
Hi everyone,

Id' like to ask if there is any way that I can make the display more vivid.. This unit has an Intel HD graphics on board and shared with RADEON graphics card. However, The display is not showing crisp images and its kind of dull... Somehow less contrast is what I see from its monitor.. I tried to search its settings but I am not successful in doing so.

Is there anybody who knows how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance.

Heya,

Just to get the ball rolling (plug in your laptop to the AC outlet first if not already):

1. Start menu -> Control Panel
2. Hardware & Sound -> Power Options
3. Whatever you're using, click "Change plan settings" (blue link to the right of the plan selected)
4. Look for the column for when the laptop is plugged in on AC power
5. Make sure the display options read full brightness, not going to sleep, etc, when on AC power.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,354 posts
Joined May 2003
Post edited over 3 years ago by John from PA.

Sep 13, 2016 01:42 |  #3

Give the procedure at http://www.laptopmag.c​om …ibrate-monitor-windows-10 (external link) a try. But like the article says, make sure your monitor has been on for about 1/2 hour.

If your on screen text looks a bit fuzzy I would suggest you try the fixes that MS rolled out. Go to https://www.microsoft.​com …cleartype/tuner​/tune.aspx (external link) or https://www.microsoft.​com …hy/ClearTypePow​erToy.mspx (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,296 views & 0 likes for this thread
DELL INSPIRON 5559 LAPTOP MONITOR
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.