Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 19 Oct 2010 (Tuesday) 10:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Dog shot with natural light

Qbx
Goldmember
3,957 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 19, 2016 21:23 |  #16

Looks like a cross between a Corgi, a Dachshund, and a Jack-Rabbit:-D

-- Image Editing OK --

Gungnir
693 posts
Gallery: 37 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 21, 2016 05:30 |  #17

The first pose fits the breed. Royal by name, Royal by nature.

Had a King Charles spaniel years ago and they definitely believe they're superior.

Steve
'Be the person your dog thinks you are'
#freetommy

atsilverstein
Goldmember
1,254 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Mar 2015
Post edited over 3 years ago by atsilverstein.

Sep 22, 2016 02:28 |  #18

Ho Hum wrote in post #18130268 (external link)
Molly.
A rescue dog- originally from Romania. Any ideas what breed she might mostly be?
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Ho Hum in
./showthread.php?p=181​30268&i=i84668684
forum: Critique Corner

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Ho Hum in
./showthread.php?p=181​30268&i=i39782253
forum: Critique Corner

You'd be best to start your own thread instead of inserting into one that is years old.

To me, her head and size is reminiscent of a standard schnauzer. Having said that, not all dogs are either mixes or pure breeds. When dog showing started in the 1800's, it kicked off the formal "standardization" of breeds. Meaning, a breed standard, or, how a breed should look, behave, and function, was formally organized and written down. Some breeds, like the Poodle, Maltese, and Shih Tzu, were already established by hundreds of years. Some are even very ancient breeds, like the Saluki and Pharaoh Hound. Some were isolated by natural boundaries like islands, or strict breeding practices to retain purity. But many breeds were developed during the 1800's from existing native dogs. So even though most people think of classifying a dog as either "pure" or "mixed", there is another category of dog, which is neither because they don't come from any formal breed. Especially coming from Romania I don't see any obvious or dominant breed.

Just my opinion but of course at the end of the day, where a dog comes from doesn't really matter.. it's just background information.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Ho ­ Hum
22 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 23, 2016 14:52 as a reply to  @ atsilverstein's post |  #19

Thank you for your reply. The photo was posted for the forum, the question was asked because of the international nature of the forum, and is only from curiosity- she is a fun dog with a lovely nature. She just happens to have a Romanian passport.
She is indeed the size and facial type of a schnauzer. The closest breed suggested for all features has been a Pumi, a Hungarian shepherd dog.

genedarrell
604 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 14, 2017 10:03 |  #20

he looks very regal and proud. Nice image

www.genespics.com (external link)
Sony A7RIII,Sony F2.8 70-200, L F4 24-105, Canon 17-40 L,Canon 50 1.4, Sigma 120-300 2.8 IS,GODOX V860II SX2 ,Canon 2X extender II

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,574 views & 2 likes for this thread
Dog shot with natural light
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.