Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 09 Nov 2007 (Friday) 21:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Photographers rides...

lucky7
Goldmember
1,480 posts
Gallery: 101 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 12, 2016 13:06 |  #8236

I think he's talking about the stretch/camber. It scares lots of people, lol.

-Dane
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/danevan/ (external link)http://www.flickr.com/​photos/11028609@N05/ (external link)

sponsored links
irishguy0224
528 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Apr 2013

Oct 12, 2016 14:20 as a reply to  @ lucky7's post |  #8237

lol i guess - only seems to worry people who don't know about it. As with anything it's completely fine within moderation!

FlickR (external link)
Sony A7ii - Sony FE 85 1.8 - Zeiss 16-35 F4 - Samyang 35 AF 2.8

ocdpvw
285 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 12, 2016 15:43 as a reply to  @ irishguy0224's post |  #8238

I think it looks great. I too drive a car on air. Two of them in fact. Both are moderate with camber around -3 and 235/40/18 on 10.5. I drive this way daily and combined between the two cars have over 140K miles on this type of setup. People who don't know just don't know. The car can still be tracked, daily driven and good for show. Again, car is looking great and I appreciate the attention to detail you've put into it.

gear

mikepj
203 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 12, 2016 19:38 |  #8239

tsong wrote in post #18154313 (external link)
Go for it! It's fun, fast, practical, economical, and hopefully in the long run, reliable haha

With the FA20DIT motor, gas mileage is pretty decent. I average about 24 MPGS with my all local (city) commute but the best I have gotten on road trips is around 33. People who mod complain about rev hang and notchy shifter but it's something you get used to if you adjust your driving skill, and it's really not that bad. I heard good things about the CVT but I would still recommend getting the 6 Speed Manual to get the most out of it. Suspension is sporty but is not as stiff as it would be in the STI.

If you just want a fun daily driver that can handle everyday life that can do the occasional spirited drive/canyon carve, I would say this is it, but you have to look at it as a Corolla/Civic/Elantra/​Sentra type car that has AWD and tons of HP and Torque.

I second this. I've had my 2015 WRX CVT for just over 2 years now and still love it. The 6 speed is more fun to drive, but the CVT is no slouch. I get about 24 mpg in the city and 28-29 on the highway, which is better than the Mazda 6s I traded in for it, and the WRX really cooks in comparison.

It's definitely a louder car though, both inside and out. The road noise is more apparent, and the exhaust resonates pretty loudly, so it's not a subtle car by any means. That all fades away when you carve through turns like the car is on rails.

tsong wrote in post #18154313 (external link)
Overall, the only gripe I have with the car is the audio system. I got the Premium (mid-level), and I regret not going for the Harmon Kardon upgrade. I did the Subaru 6 Speaker Kicker Upgrade and it improved it decently, but it's still not as good as any of the systems in our Toyota's, Honda's or Hyundai's.

I installed the Kicker tweeters, but haven't replaced the door speakers yet. Did the door speaker upgrade make a big difference? I heard the stock head unit doesn't really have enough wattage to drive them.

Radiant Photography (external link) Instagram (external link) Instagram (Sports) (external link) Flickr (external link)
5D Mark IV, 7D Mark II, Rebel SL1
16-35 ƒ4L, 24-105 ƒ4L, 70-200 ƒ2.8L IS II, 100-400 ƒ4.5-5.6L, 85 ƒ1.8, 50 ƒ1.8 STM, 24mm ƒ2.8 STM

Gas ­ Hog
I like a good quack in the morning.
711 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Oct 13, 2016 04:20 |  #8240

irishguy0224 wrote in post #18154948 (external link)
It doesn't take anything to drive my car as it is on air suspension and i simply push a button and can achieve and ride height i want. Not to mention it's nearly 500whp i moves faster than most cars and does a damn good job at it!

A pic from a friend from the same day

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/MXyG​v6  (external link) kyleroller1 (external link) by Mark Vasquez (external link), on Flickr

Yea but how does it do off road.. :p
As you can see I am into totally practical rides only. My favorite thing is drive up windows, and pulling in behind cops at lights.
They get more of a kick out of it than I do.
Gary

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Feel free to not "Like" any of my photos. Until the Like button is corrected..I wont be "liking" Yours!
gear list

irishguy0224
528 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Apr 2013

Oct 13, 2016 10:21 as a reply to  @ Gas Hog's post |  #8241

Gorgeous Vette man!

FlickR (external link)
Sony A7ii - Sony FE 85 1.8 - Zeiss 16-35 F4 - Samyang 35 AF 2.8

tsong
266 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 13, 2016 16:44 as a reply to  @ mikepj's post |  #8242

They make a difference, but compared to the other stock sound systems we have in our other basic cars ('94 Toyota Camry LE, '13 Honda Accord LX, '08 Hyundai Elantra GLS), they still don't even come close.

I'm especially surprised by our '94 Camry's audio system at how decent it is (had it since new since 1994) compared to these Kicker Upgrades, which are a a few points better in my opinion.

We also have a '97 Toyota Corolla DX, the bass blew, but I would say these Kicker Upgrade have around the same quality of sound as the Corolla's before they blew.

I was thinking about adding in the Alpine Power Pack amp system to boost the power a bit, but overall, I just got used to the Kicker's after a while so for me it's not worth putting into it more.

If they do come out with a new STI without the EJ257 motor anymore, and hopefully an FA motor of some sort, I'll just trade this in and go for that with the Harmon Kardon :-D:-D:-D

96whiteknight
PERMANENT BAN
2,046 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 13, 2016 19:32 as a reply to  @ Gas Hog's post |  #8243
bannedPermanent ban

Those silly eyeballs completely negate any seriousness that engine once had. Nice 'Vette, otherwise. Do you have a different angle of it?

passpanda
61 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2016

Oct 13, 2016 20:42 |  #8244

Honestly don't see what the fuss is. The stretch is really not bad at all compare to some I've seen and you can't really go slamming through potholes or train tracks in anything with a 35 section sidewall. It's bagged and not static so I doubt he's cracking oil pans either. Probably has more clearance than my BRZ when he's at full lift.

delta0014
308 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2013
Post edited over 2 years ago by delta0014.

Oct 16, 2016 06:48 |  #8245

New truck - 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO

IMAGE: https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5548/30194201482_475b73780e_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/N1ab​9J  (external link) A20A0211 (external link) by Ben Graff (external link), on Flickr

5D Mark IV
24-70L f2.8 ii / 85L ii / 135L / Rokinon 14mm f2.8
Yongnuo 600RT x 3
Just a hobby - CC always welcome.
Flickr (external link)

lucky7
Goldmember
1,480 posts
Gallery: 101 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 16, 2016 10:06 |  #8246

Awesome.

-Dane
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/danevan/ (external link)http://www.flickr.com/​photos/11028609@N05/ (external link)

Lt ­ Colonel
618 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Oct 16, 2016 10:08 |  #8247

Gas Hog wrote in post #18155731 (external link)
Yea but how does it do off road.. :p
As you can see I am into totally practical rides only. My favorite thing is drive up windows, and pulling in behind cops at lights.
They get more of a kick out of it than I do.
Gary
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Gas Hog in
./showthread.php?p=181​55731&i=i257827483
forum: Transportation

I guess you are downsizing to mirrorless?  :p Sorry, couldn't help myself.:oops:

5DIII, 6D, 7D2, 5DMKIV,1DMK4,EOS-M,1DX
https://woodawg.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)

S2kAtTracks
375 posts
Gallery: 112 photos
Joined May 2008
Post edited over 2 years ago by S2kAtTracks.

Oct 16, 2016 22:46 |  #8248

Finally my new ride is about to be on the way from the West.

Nothing too crazy, just a 2012 White on Black, 6spd, Special Edition Acura TSX. Already has tint and window visors.

Sold my 04 Acura TSX about a month ago and have been on the hunt for a 6speed(for really way before I sold mine though) since.

Pictures too come

Gear:
Bodies - Canon 5dm2 w/ grip
Lenses - Canon 17-40L, 28-135mm, 35-80mm, Niffy 50
Accessories - Filters, Manfrotto Tripod

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,592 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 2 years ago by Tom Reichner.

Oct 16, 2016 23:31 |  #8249

Jesse West wrote in post #4287030 (external link)
Who has the coolest photo friendly car...?

Jesse West wrote in post #4287033 (external link)
I mean as far as for the working photographer, not to shoot...

What you can't see in the photo - muddy bootprints all over the roof and trunk lid . . . sometimes a higher POV yields a better composition.

It's all about getting the image - nothing else matters!

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Moppie
14,781 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Oct 16, 2016 23:33 |  #8250

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18158848 (external link)

It's all about getting the image - nothing else matters!

If this was a competition I would close the thread and declare you the winner.

flickr (external link)

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

sponsored links

1,553,199 views & 2,133 likes for this thread
Photographers rides...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.