Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 13 Oct 2016 (Thursday) 18:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

having issues with instagram

PJmak
686 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 13, 2016 18:05 |  #1

I am having a few issues with instagram and I cant find the answers.

Well first I cant tag more than two people in any of my pics.

Second, if I post more than a few pitures in a row it wont let me post anymore until like the next day. Is there a limit??

Last I feel like my instagram isnt being seen by everyone.

Below are mine and my wife's accounts, both created on same day and have similar amount of photos and followers.

We did a test and uploaded the same pic last night with same tags and at the same time and hers just blew up. She got like 30 likes in 15 minutes while today(more than 10 hours later) I barely got to 15 likes. She currently has 50 likes on that photo. She even tagged me in it.

Ive heard of issues where ones posts are not seen by everyone. Is there something being blocked on my account???

Mine: @slikapic

Wifes: @olyajanjic

Viewbug (external link)

sponsored links
kjonnnn
Goldmember
1,204 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Oct 13, 2016 18:40 |  #2

I see both accounts. Your last pic says it was uploaded 19 hours ago. Someone riding a bike?

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,196 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Oct 13, 2016 19:25 |  #3

They have changed the algorithm that chooses how images are displayed but I don't know how that would affect the same image.

Re the images I notice that her copy is displayed wide screen in my feed while yours is shown square. Not sure if that may affect engagement. I also noticed that hers shows as being an hour before yours - not sure if yours is seen by the system as too similar/duplicate and thus shown to less people/not shown to those who've already seen hers.

Lastly are you posting via phone/the app or using and instagram posting services/plugins (such as http://www.lrinstagram​.com/ (external link))? I have been using the LR plugin but a recent change to instagram means that images posted via this aren't showing up in #hashtag searches.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

PJmak
THREAD ­ STARTER
686 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 13, 2016 23:26 |  #4

Im posting via phone and my pic was actually uploaded a bit before hers.

We made a test account.

I uploaded the same picture again with same tags but I am unable to see that pic under those tags from my wifes account. From my old account above I am.

Also I am unable to direct message her from the new test account. She never got my message.

Viewbug (external link)

nikki-s
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Oct 2016

Oct 21, 2016 09:19 |  #5

I know it sounds unusual, but i once had someone hack my insta account. I was super stressed because i had too many photos in this account to start another one. I ended up writing them an email and they figured out a way to help me get my account back. I would say, try writing them an email. Customer care always replies :)

PJmak
THREAD ­ STARTER
686 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 21, 2016 10:22 |  #6

I think I figured it out.

For some reason instagram had issues linking to my facebook account on my phone.

That caused it to not work properly

Viewbug (external link)

sponsored links

1,646 views & 0 likes for this thread
having issues with instagram
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.