Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 09 Oct 2016 (Sunday) 09:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is this image blend alright??

Butts
I coulda shoulda woulda
475 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 12, 2016 02:04 as a reply to  @ post 18153969 |  #16

Dago, thanks for the info I'll have to give it a go.
By the way it was BUTTS (yep thats me) not Mozes that asked the question!!  :p

sponsored links
DagoImaging
Goldmember
1,897 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Nov 2012

Oct 12, 2016 07:28 |  #17

Sorry 'bout that. :-D

Sony a6300/ 16-70/4 / 70-200/4 G / Sony HVL-60M
https://designcostello​.com/ (external link)

Nathan
So boring
7,729 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 12, 2016 15:26 as a reply to  @ post 18154076 |  #18

Dago - Just a technical nit, but when you blend two images together to create a single image with detail in both high values and low values that could not have been otherwise captured in-camera due to limitation in the sensor's native dynamic range, isn't that by definition a high dynamic range (HDR) image?

I'm pretty sure that's a run-on sentence.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

OhLook
Spiderwoman
17,964 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Oct 12, 2016 15:54 |  #19

Nathan wrote in post #18155211 (external link)
Dago - Just a technical nit, but when you blend two images together to create a single image with detail in both high values and low values that could not have been otherwise captured in-camera due to limitation in the sensor's native dynamic range, isn't that by definition a high dynamic range (HDR) image?

Here's a technical nit from another field: no, it's a compound-complex sentence.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

DagoImaging
Goldmember
1,897 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Nov 2012

Oct 12, 2016 16:03 |  #20

Nathan wrote in post #18155211 (external link)

Technically you are correct but the fact that it doesn't involve tone mapping I don't consider it so. :)

Sony a6300/ 16-70/4 / 70-200/4 G / Sony HVL-60M
https://designcostello​.com/ (external link)

Nathan
So boring
7,729 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 13, 2016 15:58 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #21

That was a joke, but there is a stylistic and grammatical error in writing "Dago - Just a technical nit, but...." That clause just shouldn't appear in print. It may work in spoken dialogue, but it's poor drafting. It would have been better written, "Dago, this is just a technical nit. When you blend...."

We need an "Off Topic" emoticon.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

OhLook
Spiderwoman
17,964 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Oct 13, 2016 17:12 |  #22

Nathan wrote in post #18156071 (external link)
That was a joke, but there is a stylistic and grammatical error in writing "Dago - Just a technical nit, but...." That clause just shouldn't appear in print. It may work in spoken dialogue, but it's poor drafting. It would have been better written, "Dago, this is just a technical nit. When you blend...."

You're correct if the context is formal. Writing on message boards is often more casual. "Nice shot" isn't a sentence, but we see it all the time. I took "Dago –" as a kind of heading, acceptable as an element of formatting a post.

In speech, who could hear the difference between Dago, and Dago – anyway?

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Qbx
Goldmember
3,907 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 17, 2016 02:57 |  #23

Wouldn't the correct grammar be "Dago - just ..." ?

-- Image Editing OK --

sponsored links

4,033 views & 5 likes for this thread
Is this image blend alright??
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.