Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 10 Sep 2016 (Saturday) 12:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1

PJJ205
322 posts
Joined Aug 2015

Oct 25, 2016 12:18 |  #16

Just got an email from Amazon that said that mine should be delivered on November 2nd, which is next Wednesday.

sponsored links
ksbal
Goldmember
2,745 posts
Gallery: 374 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 26, 2016 09:29 as a reply to  @ PJJ205's post |  #17

I hope soon, still no date on mine, but I'll cross my fingers.

Godox/Flashpoint r2 system, plus some canon stuff.

PJJ205
322 posts
Joined Aug 2015

Oct 30, 2016 15:36 |  #18

Got mine in today, which is weird because I was unaware that usps delivers on Sunday's? Got an alert that is shipped yesterday the got another one earlier today while I was out shooting photos that it had arrived. Checked my mail and it was in there...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

PJJ205
322 posts
Joined Aug 2015

Oct 30, 2016 18:13 |  #19

Just updated my camera firmware then tossed in the W-E1. Took all of about 5 minutes to figure out how to work it. I went outside and found a stray cat wandering around in the sprinkling rain, took about 30 photos, connected my camera to my phone via the Canon Connect app, then saved the photos to camera roll on my iphone. Extremely simple to do and it seemed like it worked well. Looking forward to using this thing in a real world application as soon as I can.

mikepj
204 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 30, 2016 19:47 |  #20

PJJ205 wrote in post #18171285 (external link)
Got mine in today, which is weird because I was unaware that usps delivers on Sunday's? Got an alert that is shipped yesterday the got another one earlier today while I was out shooting photos that it had arrived. Checked my mail and it was in there...

Glad to hear these are starting to trickle out. I haven't heard from B&H yet on my order, but maybe they'll start shipping this week.

Radiant Photography (external link) Instagram (external link) Instagram (Sports) (external link) Flickr (external link)
5D Mark IV, 7D Mark II, Rebel SL1
16-35 ƒ4L, 24-105 ƒ4L, 70-200 ƒ2.8L IS II, 100-400 ƒ4.5-5.6L, 85 ƒ1.8, 50 ƒ1.8 STM, 24mm ƒ2.8 STM

Lester ­ Wareham
THREAD ­ STARTER
27,546 posts
Gallery: 2891 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 31, 2016 03:28 |  #21

PJJ205 wrote in post #18171425 (external link)
Just updated my camera firmware then tossed in the W-E1. Took all of about 5 minutes to figure out how to work it. I went outside and found a stray cat wandering around in the sprinkling rain, took about 30 photos, connected my camera to my phone via the Canon Connect app, then saved the photos to camera roll on my iphone. Extremely simple to do and it seemed like it worked well. Looking forward to using this thing in a real world application as soon as I can.

Can you possibly try the remote shooting function with the live view image on the phone and setting the exposure and firing from the phone? (What type of phone?)

This worked well with the 6D's built in wi-fi and would be the main use for the card for me.

Couple of other questions:

Does the card include any local storage?

Do you have to use the CF or SD for local storage?

These were points not clear to me in Canon's blurb.

Thanks.

My Photography Home Page (external link) RSS Feed (external link)
Gear List
FAQ on UV and Clear Protective Filters
Macrophotography by LordV

mikepj
204 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 31, 2016 08:25 |  #22

Lester Wareham wrote in post #18171725 (external link)
Does the card include any local storage?

Do you have to use the CF or SD for local storage?

I haven't received mine yet, but it is my understanding that the WiFi card doesn't have any local storage, so you need to have a CF card installed to store the images you take. The WiFi card just gives you a way to control the camera and retrieve images you have taken.

Radiant Photography (external link) Instagram (external link) Instagram (Sports) (external link) Flickr (external link)
16-35 ƒ4L, 24-105 ƒ4L, 70-200 ƒ2.8L IS II, 100-400 ƒ4.5-5.6L, 85 ƒ1.8, 50 ƒ1.8 STM, 24mm ƒ2.8 STM

PJJ205
322 posts
Joined Aug 2015
Post edited over 2 years ago by PJJ205.

Oct 31, 2016 11:01 as a reply to  @ Lester Wareham's post |  #23

I did mess around with live view mode and my iPhone 6. This app and wifi set up blew my mind. Tap the screen for focus, no lag, change setting on your phone... technology is getting out of hand haha. No local storage on the card so you'll need to have a CF card handy. Extremely simple to use as well; connect your iPhones wifi to the camera from your phones wifi menu by entering a number that the camera displays on the LCD for its wifi function. You can take photos that you already have on your cameras CF card and save them to your phone immediately or you can shoot from live view and everything that you want on your phone can be selected and saved straight to your phone. Really cool little setup! Took all of about 5 minutes to figure out.

Lester ­ Wareham
THREAD ­ STARTER
27,546 posts
Gallery: 2891 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 31, 2016 11:25 |  #24

PJJ205 wrote in post #18171943 (external link)
I did mess around with live view mode and my iPhone 6. This app and wifi set up blew my mind. Tap the screen for focus, no lag, change setting on your phone... technology is getting out of hand haha. No local storage on the card so you'll need to have a CF card handy. Extremely simple to use as well; connect your iPhones wifi to the camera from your phones wifi menu by entering a number that the camera displays on the LCD for its wifi function. You can take photos that you already have on your cameras CF card and save them to your phone immediately or you can shoot from live view and everything that you want on your phone can be selected and saved straight to your phone. Really cool little setup! Took all of about 5 minutes to figure out.

Ah thanks, it was the remote shooting I need most.

My Photography Home Page (external link) RSS Feed (external link)
Gear List
FAQ on UV and Clear Protective Filters
Macrophotography by LordV

ksbal
Goldmember
2,745 posts
Gallery: 374 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 01, 2016 10:05 |  #25

no eta yet, looks like I'm on back order for a while.

Godox/Flashpoint r2 system, plus some canon stuff.

mikepj
204 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 03, 2016 09:55 |  #26

My adapter just shipped! Ordered back in September from B&H.

BossBob
66 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 05, 2016 03:32 as a reply to  @ mikepj's post |  #27

And here in the U.K. WEX have just shipped the order I placed end of August. Just need DJI to sort their Mavic production and delivery out.

peeaanuut
Goldmember
3,554 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Nov 11, 2016 11:01 |  #28

Ordered Aug 30 from B&H and still pending. I am about to give up on it.

Stuff
http://joetakesphotos.​com/ (external link) : | : https://www.facebook.c​om/JKlingPhotos (external link) : | : https://twitter.com/jk​lingphotos (external link)
airbutchie - Joe was definitely right about adding contrast...
:)

Tom_D
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 12, 2016 12:24 |  #29

I canceled my order with Amazon as I am leaving on a 3 week cruise. I'll wait till I return, see what the reviews are, and order again if it looks worth having.

Gallery (external link)
7DMkII, 40D, 17-55, 70-200 f/2.8 IS and more...
More Wag, Less Bark

TTUShooter
378 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 15, 2016 19:53 as a reply to  @ Tom_D's post |  #30

got mine today and set up. played with it a bit. figured out how to change the basic exposure settings, but trying to figure out how to change other settings like white balance, change image type (raw to jpg. etc.

Cameras: EOS 7d mark II, Fuji X100F, Leica M8, Leica M2-R,
Lenses: A Whole mess of them.
My flickr (external link)

sponsored links

48,334 views & 30 likes for this thread
Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.