Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 17 Oct 2016 (Monday) 21:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

canon camera with best ISO

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,475 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by tzalman.

Oct 26, 2016 08:28 as a reply to  @ post 18166919 |  #46

This conversation is like I say, "My car has better mileage because it will go a greater distance on a gallon of gas," and you saying, "My car has better mileage because it will go for more time on a gallon of gas." We are talking about the same thing, just approaching the question from different angles. I admit that my angle is not the one used by the OP in his question, but it has the advantage of an internet full of sites with lovely charts comparing and ranking cameras according to DR at different ISOs. I also admit that a little diligent google-work could probably find oodles of charts ranking cameras by noise levels - expressed in ADUs or by S/N or some other esoteric units - and ya' know what, no matter how the charts or lists are framed, the order of the cameras will always be pretty much the same.

At any rate, the OP has probably said by now, "To hell with it," and bought a Sony.

Elie / אלי

sponsored links
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,945 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Oct 26, 2016 16:21 |  #47

My car has better mileage because it has a 30 gallon tank, so i can drive farther. :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,882 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 26, 2016 18:31 |  #48

tzalman wrote in post #18167330 (external link)
This conversation is like I say, "My car has better mileage because it will go a greater distance on a gallon of gas," and you saying, "My car has better mileage because it will go for more time on a gallon of gas." We are talking about the same thing, just approaching the question from different angles. I admit that my angle is not the one used by the OP in his question, but it has the advantage of an internet full of sites with lovely charts comparing and ranking cameras according to DR at different ISOs. I also admit that a little diligent google-work could probably find oodles of charts ranking cameras by noise levels - expressed in ADUs or by S/N or some other esoteric units - and ya' know what, no matter how the charts or lists are framed, the order of the cameras will always be pretty much the same.

At any rate, the OP has probably said by now, "To hell with it," and bought a Sony.

Why the hell would he buy an inferior camera like a Sony

Seriouslyvmad ... With the new sensor technology, there is zero reason to buy a Sony. Canon is completely on par with Iso ansd dark and shadows performance and kicks Sonys Butt with the glass department and many many other areas as well

Sony is far from the top dog anymore.distant 3rd in my opnion and it has little to do with ISO and sensor performance.

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

Deardorff
110 posts
Joined Oct 2016

Nov 06, 2016 08:15 |  #49

Sorry guy but High does not equal "Best" ISO.
Best to me is sharpest with most detail and greatest dynamic range. Not highest ISO.
Hoping Canon gets an honest ISO 25 so we can shoot as we did with Kodachrome 25 - and not have to be saddled with Neutral Density filters.
ISO3 as with Kodak Tech Pan and its accompanying sharpness would be even better.

High ISO is nice but ignoring the needs of those who would use very low ISO settings is troubling.

"I've been a procrastinator all my life. I keep meaning to do something about that."

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,008 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 2 years ago by TeamSpeed.

Nov 06, 2016 08:38 as a reply to  @ Deardorff's post |  #50

Not every person needs low iso and high DR, there are those that need high iso, like 6400 and higher. That is the purpose of discussion in this thread. The only reason it seems that the need for low iso and greater DR is being ignored is because that is a different topic.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Deardorff
110 posts
Joined Oct 2016

Nov 09, 2016 16:07 |  #51

Sorry speed - some of us grew up shooting when 400ASA was high speed film.

"I've been a procrastinator all my life. I keep meaning to do something about that."

sponsored links

9,311 views & 17 likes for this thread
canon camera with best ISO
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.