Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 22 Nov 2016 (Tuesday) 15:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Cool stores in the LA area

clc2112
93 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 22, 2016 15:33 |  #1

I have some time to kill today and tomorrow while visiting here in LA. Can any one point me to some cool Photo stores in the greater LA area.

When I say cool, I mean a place with lot of gear and accessories to ogle over.

Thanks.

Calvin

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 22, 2016 18:52 |  #2

While waiting for others here, I'd check the Southern California group thread:

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1459295

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

bpalermini
Goldmember
1,353 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 22, 2016 19:06 |  #3

Samy's is the main camera store in LA. Their big, multi story, store is at 431 S. Fairfax Ave. They have others around town.

A store I love to visit is Film Tools. They are more aimed at the film industry but any photographer will find lots to look at. They are in Burbank at 1400 W. Burbank Blvd.

Bob Palermini
1DX, 5DIV, 14 Rokinon, 16-35L II, 24-70L II, 100L, 70-200 IS 2.8L, 100-400L II, 400mm 2.8 IS II, 1.4xIII, 2xIII, 580EXII, YN560IV, RRS TVC23 + BH55, LRCC, Fuji X-E2, Fuji X30
My Web Site (external link) | My Sports Portfolio (external link)

bpalermini
Goldmember
1,353 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 22, 2016 19:10 |  #4

Oh, one more thing. the Canon factory service center is in Orange County at 15955 Alton Pkwy, Irvine They have a nice display of equipment and a display where you can get some hands-on time with most of the bodies and some lenses.

Bob Palermini
1DX, 5DIV, 14 Rokinon, 16-35L II, 24-70L II, 100L, 70-200 IS 2.8L, 100-400L II, 400mm 2.8 IS II, 1.4xIII, 2xIII, 580EXII, YN560IV, RRS TVC23 + BH55, LRCC, Fuji X-E2, Fuji X30
My Web Site (external link) | My Sports Portfolio (external link)

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Post edited over 2 years ago by Picture North Carolina.

Nov 23, 2016 07:35 |  #5

One of my favorites, and probably the best camera shop that ever existed on planet earth, was Frank's Camera. Just looked it up, tho. Apparently it's long gone.

Just looked up The Pantry, tho, and apparently it's still open. Don't know if it's the same as it was 30 years ago, but while in L.A. if you want to slop down at a outrageous feeding trough, that's the place !

Website (external link) |

clc2112
THREAD ­ STARTER
93 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 23, 2016 11:56 |  #6

Thanks all! Very helpful.

sponsored links

1,270 views & 5 likes for this thread
Cool stores in the LA area
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.