Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Oct 2016 (Sunday) 15:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Daypack question

kaitlyn2004
Goldmember
1,614 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 16, 2016 15:21 |  #1

I'll be traveling with an F-Stop Loka for my travels but wanted something smaller for daytrips. I was previously considering something like the ThinkTank Retrospective 10, but it seems that since then something like the Tenba DNA has floated to the top.

I've never really used messenger bags - would it be too much to carry:

- 5D Mark III
- 16-35 F4L IS
- 24-105 F4L IS
- Sigma 35 1.4 Art
- Random misc extra stuff - documents, battery pack, etc.

all day? Unlike a backpack, there isn't the additional support (waist/sternum strap) to carry the weight. Does anyone have the Tenba DNA bags? Any thoughts?

New Zealand Travel Photography (external link)
My Instagram (external link)

pankajkumars
174 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Nov 21, 2016 22:55 |  #2

Think Tank has three types of shoulder bags with waist belt. The waist belt is properly hidden and can be used only when required.
You can check all here.
https://www.thinktankp​hoto.com …ctions/speed-convertibles (external link)

TT Speed Demon is good model for small trips. I have used Speed Freakā„¢ V2.0 and it is perfect for day trip in city tour.

6D | 24-105L | 35L | 85mm 1.2 IIL | 70-200 2.8 IS II L
flickr pankajks (external link)

foto16
61 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Nov 2016

Nov 30, 2016 13:14 |  #3

Everybody's shoulders are different, if you've never really used messenger bags, I suggest you put your gear into one and carry it for a long time to get a feel. (I for one would not carry that much in a shoulder bag and walk around for any lengthy time.)

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Nov 30, 2016 19:38 |  #4

Take a look at the Peak Design Everyday Messenger Bag. One thing I like about the Peak Design Messenger bags was that it has a waist strap and you can actually take one of the waist straps and attach it to the shoulder strap to make it kind of like a sternum

https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18185049

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1126.photobuck​et.com …n_everydaymesse​nger28.jpg (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1126.photobuck​et.com …n_everydaymesse​nger45.jpg (external link)

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Varavon Monopod and Camtrol Prime Stabilizer | Tolifo LED Light, Luxi for All Light Meter, Ruggard Journey 34 Shoulder Bag

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,400 views & 0 likes for this thread
Daypack question
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.