Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 31 Jan 2012 (Tuesday) 20:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Another Rolex 24 Thread

CaptainSteve
337 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 09, 2016 18:47 |  #16

Hi Kurt, wonderful images. I am going to this years rolex 24 the last time I went was in 2001 Two weeks before Earnhardt Sr. died. I'm a Corvette Racing Fan and when Sr. and Jr. decided to drive a one of them at that event I had to go. anyways enough back story. Looking forward to going back 15 years later.

You said bring a stool to shoot over the fences on the infield exactly how tall would you think those fences are to shoot over, I'll be there with no photo pass so I'll have to be shooting from spectator area's(per usual) I do not want to deal with shooting through a fence :)

When I first went in 2001 I really was'nt into photography so I didn't note the height of the fences around the inside portion of the track. And can you see over the fences with that same stool/ladder on the backstretch at those kink's ? love the action getting into and out of those corners there.

Sorry to bring back your old thread :)

any info you or anyone else could help here I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
Steve

1DX | 5D III | 7D | 50D | 40D | 100-400 II L | 70-200L f2.8 IS | 16-35L II | 24-105L | Sigma 30 f1.4
My Portfolio
http://captainstevepho​tography.zenfolio.com/ (external link)
http://captainstevepho​tography.com/ (external link)

rickstratman26
102 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Dec 09, 2016 20:48 as a reply to  @ CaptainSteve's post |  #17

The fences are about 6 feet tall, maybe a little more than 6 ft. I tried a 1 step stool and it wasn't enough height to pan comfortably, I bought a 2 step ladder and it was plenty of height to shoot over the fence, I'm 5'11''.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/rickstratman/ (external link)

CaptainSteve
337 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 10, 2016 13:41 |  #18

rickstratman26 wrote in post #18208427 (external link)
The fences are about 6 feet tall, maybe a little more than 6 ft. I tried a 1 step stool and it wasn't enough height to pan comfortably, I bought a 2 step ladder and it was plenty of height to shoot over the fence, I'm 5'11''.

Hi Rick thanks for feedback here, I'm 6'1 . Two step, Roger that!
Steve

1DX | 5D III | 7D | 50D | 40D | 100-400 II L | 70-200L f2.8 IS | 16-35L II | 24-105L | Sigma 30 f1.4
My Portfolio
http://captainstevepho​tography.zenfolio.com/ (external link)
http://captainstevepho​tography.com/ (external link)

aslondon
54 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 20, 2017 21:37 |  #19

great pix. Got to go behind the scenes at the Glen a couple of years ago, what a blast. Was supposed to go back the following year and help out with some of the official photo dutioes and they seriously curtailed the event so the track could be repaved. What a let down

Al

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6,233 views & 0 likes for this thread
Another Rolex 24 Thread
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.