Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 19 Mar 2016 (Saturday) 17:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Godox X1 system integration thread

rebelsimon
Goldmember
1,136 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 10, 2016 15:59 as a reply to  @ post 18209003 |  #841

All the settings reset, but unfortunately still the same issue. Thanks!

Toronto area photographer http://www.SimonMellic​kPhotography.com (external link)
Cameras:5Diii (x2), 70D
Lenses:Rokinon 14mm f2.8, Voightlander 20mm f3.5, Canon 24-70 f2.8ii, Tamron 35mm f1.8 VC, Canon 50mm STM, Tamron 90mm 2.8 VC, Canon 135mm f2
Lights: AD600, AD200 (x2), V850 (x4)

sponsored links
NewCreation
Goldmember
3,214 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2013

Dec 10, 2016 16:33 as a reply to  @ rebelsimon's post |  #842

Is your flash in close proximity to the trigger?

My name is Brenda ~Saved by grace, walking by faith
http://brendahoffmanph​otography.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

rebelsimon
Goldmember
1,136 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Dec 10, 2016 16:57 as a reply to  @ NewCreation's post |  #843

No, and it's not a radio communication issue. It's definitely something that's loose inside, as opposed to a setting, because it has flickered back to normal momentarily here and there. Guess it's going back to Adorama for a new one.

Toronto area photographer http://www.SimonMellic​kPhotography.com (external link)
Cameras:5Diii (x2), 70D
Lenses:Rokinon 14mm f2.8, Voightlander 20mm f3.5, Canon 24-70 f2.8ii, Tamron 35mm f1.8 VC, Canon 50mm STM, Tamron 90mm 2.8 VC, Canon 135mm f2
Lights: AD600, AD200 (x2), V850 (x4)

Druss021
31 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Dec 10, 2016 17:20 as a reply to  @ rebelsimon's post |  #844

I had the same issue when I purchased my Flashpoint trigger. I believe its a hotshoe contact issue. In order to resolve my issue I rubbed my finger along the hotshoe contacts a couple of times to push in the springs and have them reset. I almost called Adorama and sent it back but mine started working and I haven't had any problems since. When not in use I make sure I take the trigger off of the camera because I believe the pins are the problem. Let me know if that works

russellsnr2
Goldmember
1,029 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 11, 2016 00:46 |  #845

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18208888 (external link)
This is not a CF setting.

Press mode button to get groups ABC back to ETTL.

Then do a long press on the mode button,. hold it in, and then you will enable 5 group mode.

The reason for the 3 group mode is that many (most?) Canon bodies are legacy and can not do 5 groups.

Current bodies will all handle 5 groups, but 5D2, 7D, 50D, 1D3, etc,. are old enough that they can not.

What body are you shooting?

Hi, Many thanks, now working, I have a 6D and 70D.
Russ

Many Thanks,
Russell.

jlstan
514 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 11, 2016 08:31 |  #846

I just bought a used godox x1 c and can only get 3 groups ABC to work. How do I activate the last two groups on the x1? While in M or ttl I've held the mode button down to activate the Gr mode however I still only have three groups. Am I missing a sequence somewhere? I am using this system with my 5D mark iv. Even when using the flash settings menu in the camera I am unable to turn on groups 4 and 5 when I change the group from disabled to say manual it just returns back to disabled. Anyone have a solution?

jlstan
514 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 11, 2016 08:50 |  #847

I figured it out so disregard the help.

nicshow
510 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Dec 11, 2016 15:05 as a reply to  @ jlstan's post |  #848

Is there any way to disable Group C so that there is just 2 groups visible? Or is 3 the minimum? It would just be more efficient to not have to stumble around an unused group or 2.

My Gear

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/nicshow/ (external link)
http://www.nicshowalte​r.com (external link)

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,650 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Dec 11, 2016 16:19 |  #849

nicshow wrote in post #18209922 (external link)
Is there any way to disable Group C so that there is just 2 groups visible? Or is 3 the minimum? It would just be more efficient to not have to stumble around an unused group or 2.

No.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

owenegan
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Dec 2015

Dec 12, 2016 03:43 |  #850

FWIW:

The notes with the recently-released firmwares on godox.com indicate that:

The X1T-C (v. 19) adds compatibility with the 5D Mark IV and the 80D.

"1. To support Canon 5D Mark IV camera.
2. To support Canon 80D camera. "

And the new V860IIC firmware (v. 1.4) says this:

"1.Compatible with X1T​‐N (for Nikon) and X1T​‐S  (for Sony) flash trigg​er. 
2.To repair the Auto‐o​ff function in the wir​eless  SLAVE mode. "

Guess now I have to go buy a 5DIV now to try it out...

nixland
514 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 12, 2016 07:28 |  #851

Never use TTL for so long since I stop photographing events, but just curious to do a quick test to know how TTL performance of X1Ts on AD360ii :)

Left : sony hvl-f43m on A7 hotshoe
Right : ad360 II triggered with x1ts

Row #1 : white grey black reflector
#2 : lens zoomed on white area
#3 : grey area
#4 : black area
#5 : white wall

What do you think? :)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

ma11rats
895 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Feb 2013

Dec 12, 2016 21:59 |  #852

owenegan wrote in post #18191135 (external link)
Oh - that's good to hear.

On an unrelated note - there is an annoyance in the operation of the Canon-variant Godox TTL speedlights (TT685C, V860II-C) and I wonder if anyone other than me has remarked on it.

Mode changes - like, e.g., TTL to M, or ETTL to Radio Master mode - are not written to the flash's memory instantly. You need to wait 5 seconds after making a change before it's locked in. If you power off the flash before the 5 seconds are up, the changes are lost.

This may seem super-trivial, but many times when working in high-stress situations I have wanted to set a mode for when the flash will be used next, and then power off the flash. Waiting those 5 seconds sometimes kinda drives me nuts, especially if I'm simultaneously schmoozing with people in front of the camera.

I don't know if this behaviour is baked in to the hardware or might be firmware-fixable. If it could be fixed so that settings changes are committed immediately, I think this would be better.

As always, thanks for all your info and liaison work, Elv.

Owen.

I'm having trouble with my Flashpoint version speedlite(noticed it during a wedding). When putting it into group mode to fire my SL360 AD180, the speedlite bumps out of the group setting screen after a few seconds(shots) and puts it into the ratio screen. Then it doesn't want to get back into the group screen. When it does, none of the settings for the groups are remembered.

I can't find any info on this.

www.matthewbeutelphoto​graphy.com (external link)
6D, 80D, 35f2IS, T 85f1.8VC, T 24-70f2.8VC, T 17-50f2.8

owenegan
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Dec 2015

Dec 12, 2016 23:58 as a reply to  @ ma11rats's post |  #853

Hi.

I also replied in another thread, but: what body were you using? The behaviour you describe happens when a pre-2012 body is used with the X1 system. You put the flash in Group mode, but it gets booted out into the "regular" (old) Canon wireless control mode as soon as the camera's shutter is half-pressed. Could this be what you're seeing?

ma11rats
895 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Feb 2013
Post edited over 2 years ago by ma11rats.

Dec 13, 2016 00:20 as a reply to  @ owenegan's post |  #854

I'm using a 6d. And yes, that what it seems like it's doing. I've even locked the settings. Then I get 2-3 shots out before getting bumped out. Seriously messed up the last wedding I was 2nd shooting at.

www.matthewbeutelphoto​graphy.com (external link)
6D, 80D, 35f2IS, T 85f1.8VC, T 24-70f2.8VC, T 17-50f2.8

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 13, 2016 02:19 |  #855

ma11rats wrote in post #18211650 (external link)
I'm using a 6d. And yes, that what it seems like it's doing. I've even locked the settings. Then I get 2-3 shots out before getting bumped out. Seriously messed up the last wedding I was 2nd shooting at.

Which Speedlite, the TT685 or the V860II, are you using?

Rand

Gear

sponsored links

430,781 views & 417 likes for this thread
Godox X1 system integration thread
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.