Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 20 Jan 2017 (Friday) 06:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lizards on Mars????

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
1,369 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 20, 2017 06:34 |  #1

I've just found a couple of news threads about the mars rover showing pictures of what appears to be creatures like lizards and even a yeti!!!! One really does look like a fossilsed iguana lol!

"Discovered" by "Space Watchers" languishing in reams of images archived by NASA is how I can best describe the findings. Conspiracy theories abound.

Have you seem the images? And what's your take? Are they from the rover? Or are they photoshopped? Or maybe they're totally faked like some claim the moon landings were. I'd love your opinions.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Jan 20, 2017 17:16 |  #2

Do you own, or have you ever used, an aluminum foil hat?

sandpiper
Cream of the Crop
7,171 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 20, 2017 18:32 |  #3

They aren't faked or photoshopped, simply the result of looking through thousands of photos each containing huge numbers of rocks. Our brains are programmed to see shapes and interpret them as known objects, with that many rocks you are going to find formations that, from one angle, look like familiar objects. How often do you see a cloud formation, or a bush, or a indeed a rock, that makes you think of some object.

It's just natural rock formations that look vaguely reptilian. Yes, ONE image does look very like a lizard but I have seen rocks like that myself when out walking.

As with most conspiracy theories, they are presented to sound plausible but they tend to ignore any evidence that doesn't suit them, whilst inventing "facts" that sound good.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,132 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lizards on Mars????
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.