Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 12 Feb 2017 (Sunday) 11:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Beginners/Intro/Money well spent

LonelyBoy
Goldmember
1,241 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 18, 2017 06:56 |  #46

GoDsBuTTeR wrote in post #18277101 (external link)
Well my Mac broke so I can't edit what we snapped yesterday. I know critiques are a huge thing around here, but I'm thinking about using this thread to track my progress. Sorry if this annoys anyone.

Edit: can't post pics via phone, so here is a link to my Flickr album.

https://flickr.com …07/sets/7215767​8870561800 (external link)

Well, I have no huge talent nor eye for this stuff, but I'm a sucker for vivid red-orange-yellow images of all sorts, so I approve! :-D

Vice President of the No-Talent Gear Head club
SL1 | 24 STM | 18-135 IS STM | 55-250 IS STM
5D3 | 35/2 IS | 40 STM | Σ50A | 50 STM | 100L | 24-70L 2.8 II | 24-105L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 70-300L | 100-400L II

johnf3f
Goldmember
3,914 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 18, 2017 17:20 |  #47

Looks like a very good start to me:-)

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

GoDsBuTTeR
THREAD ­ STARTER
26 posts
Joined Feb 2017

Feb 18, 2017 17:52 |  #48

LonelyBoy wrote in post #18277312 (external link)
Well, I have no huge talent nor eye for this stuff, but I'm a sucker for vivid red-orange-yellow images of all sorts, so I approve! :-D

johnf3f wrote in post #18277805 (external link)
Looks like a very good start to me:-)

Thanks! I'm not sure how to critique my own stuff since I still don't know right from wrong. I'm mainly playing in full manual to get a basic understand of all the settings. Hopefully our weather clears up some so I can get back out there.

GB
Gear List

LonelyBoy
Goldmember
1,241 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 18, 2017 19:06 |  #49

GoDsBuTTeR wrote in post #18277833 (external link)
Thanks! I'm not sure how to critique my own stuff since I still don't know right from wrong. I'm mainly playing in full manual to get a basic understand of all the settings. Hopefully our weather clears up some so I can get back out there.

Right from wrong is... an interesting concept, in art. Does it make you happy that you made it? Do people receive the emotion or other result you desire when viewing it? Are you mainly after getting as many Likes as possible, here or on FB or wherever? I'd be lying if I said I didn't like those, but in the end they're inconsequential.

My advice is, look at all the shots people post here and get inspired and go shoot. Consider any feedback you get, and when an image doesn't look like you want ask for help and try again. Repeat over and over and eventually you'll get it right. Or at least, you'll suck slightly less and move out of last place on this site. :) (That last bit was self-commentary.)

Vice President of the No-Talent Gear Head club
SL1 | 24 STM | 18-135 IS STM | 55-250 IS STM
5D3 | 35/2 IS | 40 STM | Σ50A | 50 STM | 100L | 24-70L 2.8 II | 24-105L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 70-300L | 100-400L II

GoDsBuTTeR
THREAD ­ STARTER
26 posts
Joined Feb 2017
Post edited over 1 year ago by GoDsBuTTeR. (2 edits in all)

Feb 18, 2017 19:50 |  #50

LonelyBoy wrote in post #18277885 (external link)
Right from wrong is... an interesting concept, in art. Does it make you happy that you made it? Do people receive the emotion or other result you desire when viewing it? Are you mainly after getting as many Likes as possible, here or on FB or wherever? I'd be lying if I said I didn't like those, but in the end they're inconsequential.

My advice is, look at all the shots people post here and get inspired and go shoot. Consider any feedback you get, and when an image doesn't look like you want ask for help and try again. Repeat over and over and eventually you'll get it right. Or at least, you'll suck slightly less and move out of last place on this site. :) (That last bit was self-commentary.)

I feel likes help us feel we are doing something "right". Physically seeing people like something we have created feels good. Plus the times have changed so much, people would rather throw a smiley face on something than express their interest or appreciation in it. I'll take what I can get as a reaction lol.

Haha thanks for the advise, I can't get enough of all the photos that are posted here. For right now I pretty much say, oh I like that pic, how can I recreate something similar. Till I can start seeing things in a more artistic eye.

GB
Gear List

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,824 views & 40 likes for this thread
Beginners/Intro/Money well spent
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.