Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 09 Dec 2016 (Friday) 20:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Kitty Cat Diary (standard edition)

Jethr0
Goldmember
1,002 posts
Gallery: 88 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 21, 2017 17:32 |  #31

Another stunning set.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeff​lowe.ca (external link)

sponsored links
Cormac
Goldmember
1,008 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Jan 2014
Post edited over 1 year ago by Cormac.

Jan 21, 2017 19:06 |  #32

Lunatique wrote in post #18251656 (external link)
Doesn't show enough soft flesh for that thread, I think. But I'm a poor judge of such things, since the whole reason I had to start that thread was because I was getting photos deleted for being too intimate, even though I personally didn't think they were. :lol:

BTW, your quote is hilarious. The first time I came across it was recently on a Dead Robot Society podcast (a podcast for writers). On the web it is attributed to different sources (Will Rogers, Jack Handey character from SNL), but it seems like the real source is Bob Monkhouse?

I was saying, because she looks sultry in that shot. Its her expression. As for the quote, i have no idea where ot came from. Just saw ot looking at quotes obe day. No source was given

I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, terrified, like his passengers.

TJays
Goldmember
1,310 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jan 21, 2017 19:22 |  #33

Very nicely done, love the pose / lighting & B&W conversion.

Regards
Terri Jean

5D4 Gripped-EOS 1DX Markll -600mm/4.0 II L-35-350mm/3.5 L-70-200/2.8 L-24-70mm/2.8 L-85mm/1.2 II L-50mm/1.2 L

troehr
682 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 22, 2017 09:04 |  #34

I really like number three. Gives a very different look to her than many of your shots.

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
366 posts
Gallery: 126 photos
Joined Jul 2003

Jan 31, 2017 14:02 |  #35

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from Lunatique's gallery.

My website (art, music, photography, writing): http://www.ethereality​.info/ (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
21,246 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jan 31, 2017 20:29 |  #36

Great set, I love #3.

Mark

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
366 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Feb 05, 2017 14:42 |  #37

Kitty Cat was featured in these videos from a few years ago. I was doing test comparisons of the video features of different types of cameras, and of course, she was the model. From these videos, you can see how she behaves as a model in front of my camera:

My website (art, music, photography, writing): http://www.ethereality​.info/ (external link)

Michael ­ Ritter
150 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined May 2016

Feb 06, 2017 13:03 |  #38

Your wife is lovely and as a photographer you are so lucky!

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
366 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Feb 10, 2017 22:19 |  #39

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

EOS_Fan
275 posts
Gallery: 65 photos
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 11, 2017 04:08 |  #40

Stunning shots of a beautiful lady, you're a very lucky man ;-)a

Also following your glamour edition but unable to comment on those yet :-(

Flickr (external link)

Pinto
Goldmember
3,124 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 11, 2017 13:30 as a reply to  @ Lunatique's post |  #41

Another lovely set. Well done!

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
366 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Feb 18, 2017 23:02 |  #42

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

IMAGE: http://www.ethereality.info/ethereality_website/photography/kitty_cat_diaries/2015/2015-05-04_16-51-56.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.ethereality.info/ethereality_website/photography/kitty_cat_diaries/2015/2015-12-24_17-42-23.jpg

ranmasu
253 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 19, 2017 12:19 |  #43

Lunatique wrote in post #18278012 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Lunatique in
./showthread.php?p=182​78012&i=i208275381
forum: People

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Lunatique in
./showthread.php?p=182​78012&i=i6152546
forum: People

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Hi Lunatique, lovely pictures as usual. You're lucky to have a beautiful wife that seems to have no problems being your model anytime you point the camera at her. I wanted to ask about pic number 2. You were using your Sony A7RII and the 85mm G Master. The pic seems a little noisy at 250 ISO. Did you mean for this result? It could be my monitor as well. I have a Sony A7II and I'm interested in the Batis 85mm 1.8. I hear that the image quality is close to the 85 GM.

Randy

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
366 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Feb 19, 2017 14:18 |  #44

ranmasu wrote in post #18278409 (external link)
Hi Lunatique, lovely pictures as usual. You're lucky to have a beautiful wife that seems to have no problems being your model anytime you point the camera at her. I wanted to ask about pic number 2. You were using your Sony A7RII and the 85mm G Master. The pic seems a little noisy at 250 ISO. Did you mean for this result? It could be my monitor as well. I have a Sony A7II and I'm interested in the Batis 85mm 1.8. I hear that the image quality is close to the 85 GM.

Randy

Thank you, and yes, I'm very fortunate. She's been totally cool with it ever since the first time I pointed a camera at her when we first started dating (back in 2001, when I was still using a compact Olympus C3030Z and had no technical understanding of cameras at all, and just relied on my instincts from my background as an artist).

In the second photo, the lighting looked a bit sterile to me, so I introduced a bit of intentional noise during post-processing. If you look carefully, you'll see that the noise is different from typical sensor noise, since it's diffused all over the image and not concentrated in shadow areas, and the pattern is more pleasing. I very rarely add noise to my photos since I tend to prefer a cleaner style, but in this case, I like it better than the cleaner version.

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
366 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Feb 21, 2017 15:16 as a reply to  @ ranmasu's post |  #45

@Randy - BTW, others have asked about the a7RII shot with the noise, and I explained the process as well as posted the version without the B/W composite with the film grain simulation here: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18280744

sponsored links

30,302 views & 242 likes for this thread
Kitty Cat Diary (standard edition)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.