Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 16 Feb 2017 (Thursday) 22:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

where is a list of all the "LIKES" I have ever given ?

Tom ­ Reichner
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I am a little creepy"
13,980 posts
Gallery: 149 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 18, 2017 21:58 |  #16

Pekka wrote in post #18277542 (external link)
Like list update bugs will be fixed in the next version, working on finishing touches of it now. Also, you can then get a list all your liked posts, too.

That's great, Pekka! Thanks so much!

WaltA wrote in post #18276523 (external link)
Hey Tom.
A bit Off-Topic but your map says you're now in Nigeria. Or Ghana.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by WaltA in
./showthread.php?p=182​76523&i=i103809893
forum: AMASS Forum Software Talk

I had no idea there even was a map until I read your post. Sometimes something will be right there in front of my face and I just never see it.
I did not make the map say Ghana. I did not even invite the map to join my member page. It appeared without my being aware of its existence, and I have no idea why it says Ghana (or Nigeria or whatever).

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 19, 2017 14:00 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #17

I think the map is added by AMASS from google maps.
The portion of the map shown dependes on the address decoded by google maps from the 'location' in your profile.
Mine is Quito, Ecuador and it shows my location correctly.
google maps do not understand "Omak, in north-central Washingt​on state, USA"
so it goes to 0º 0' 0"N, 0º 0' 0"E which is South of Ghana
The traditional location "Omak, Washingt​on, USA" goes to 48°24'39.55"N 119°31'39.18"W, your town. :)

IMAGE: http://rpolitsr.rafaelpolit.com/potn/captures/omakwashington.jpg

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

Tom ­ Reichner
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I am a little creepy"
13,980 posts
Gallery: 149 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 2 years ago by Tom Reichner.

Feb 20, 2017 15:52 |  #18

rpolitsr wrote in post #18278494 (external link)
Google maps does not understand "Omak, in north-central Washingt​on state, USA"

Yet, when I click on it, it brings up a large-scale map that is exactly centered upon my location in the Omak / Okanogan area of Washington state!

Google Maps apparently understands more than we give it credit for understanding.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

WaltA
Goldmember
3,863 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 20, 2017 16:01 |  #19

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18279722 (external link)
Yet, when I click on it, it brings up a large-scale map that is exactly centered upon my location in the Omak / Okanogan area of Washington state!

Google Maps apparently understands more than we give it credit for understanding.

Interesting. When I click on your map, Tom, it gives me the same error as Rafeal got above.

Walt
400D, 5D, 7D and a bag of stuff

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,799 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001
Post edited over 2 years ago by Pekka.

Feb 20, 2017 16:10 |  #20

rpolitsr wrote in post #18278494 (external link)
I think the map is added by AMASS from google maps.
The portion of the map shown dependes on the address decoded by google maps from the 'location' in your profile.
Mine is Quito, Ecuador and it shows my location correctly.
google maps do not understand "Omak, in north-central Washingt​on state, USA"
so it goes to 0º 0' 0"N, 0º 0' 0"E which is South of Ghana
The traditional location "Omak, Washingt​on, USA" goes to 48°24'39.55"N 119°31'39.18"W, your town. :)
QUOTED IMAGE

This is something I already have fixed for the next version. If the location text is long, hyphen characters are added to it by AMASS which Google no more removes automatically. In AMASS 1.7 they will be removed from the map query automatically, also commas etc have to be removed from the query URL. There may be differences in Google Maps handling of characters in different languages of course.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,939 views & 7 likes for this thread
where is a list of all the "LIKES" I have ever given ?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.