Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 04 Dec 2005 (Sunday) 17:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Member introductions

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,017 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 07, 2016 16:41 |  #1081

amarus69 wrote in post #18120048 (external link)
Hi everybody,
I'm living in pretty small Austria in Europe and my hobbies are my family, collecting model cars, visiting Motorsports events, travel around the world and make pictures with my Canon Eos 1000d.
I want to share pictures to the members of the forum, discuss them and I hope that I'll learn to improve my skills (and my English of course!)
I know we'll have a good time PotN!
:-)

p.s. My avatar is a picture of Canadian Champcar driver Greg Moore.

Well if he's Canadian he can't be too bad :twisted:
Welcome to POTN ~

Will immaculens.com (external link) gear
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

sponsored links
Naturalist
Adrift on a lonely vast sea
5,224 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined May 2007

Sep 07, 2016 18:28 |  #1082

Holy smokes! I’ve been on this forum off and on again since 4 MAY 2007 and never properly introduced myself!

My name is Doug and I’ve been creating images in B&W and working the darkroom in the 1970’s, evolving to transparency work in the late 1980’s and have culminated with the digital format in 2005.

My love of nature, Scouting and conservation has directed my camera work in the outdoors and, as a former military brat, I’ve camped and created images in the Far East, Central and South America as well as many MANY US states.

As an adult I’ve lived in Texas, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota and now have returned to Minnesota again where I continue getting outdoors to have a great time with camera in hand.

Doug
My Gear List
http://www.douglasbrow​nsr.com (external link)
Entered: 2-16-84 Passed: 5-22-84 Raised: 6-19-84

Medictrav82
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Sep 2016

Sep 14, 2016 23:54 |  #1083

Well here is where I will let you all know a little about myself. My name is travis and I play a Dr on TV. Well not really lol. I am a paramedic and have been since I got out of the military in 2007. Cancer survivor. Married. Have 2 fur babies. Have always loved photography and have had a few cheaper cameras and just now bought my first canon *canon sl1*. Look forward to learning and sharing what little knowledge I have. Oh and I'm from Illinois but originally from TX.

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
21,553 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Sep 15, 2016 00:25 |  #1084

Welcome to POTN Travis. Looking forward to seeing some of your work with your SL1.:-)

Mark

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,017 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 15, 2016 17:45 |  #1085

Howdy Travis - have a seat & share ~

Forgotitagain
155 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2016
Post edited over 2 years ago by Forgotitagain.

Oct 28, 2016 18:23 |  #1086

Hi all! I've browsed POTN several times as a lurker, and am finally joining in on the fun! I've been dabbling in photography for about 30 years, and am still just figuring things out! My first "real" camera was a Pentax K1000 back in '89, and I still have fond memories of it! Mostly a canon guy these days, traded in my 60D and a couple of nice lenses to get a Canon EOS M3 (with optional viewfinder) and I haven't looked back! That may sound like heresy to many, but it's so much more convenient to carry. The camera you have with you vs. the one you left behind...I've missed many opportunities because the camera wasn't with me.

I've been flying helicopters for about 20 years, and in the year since I've "downgraded", my EOS M3 has almost always been there. I've got an interest in the things that fly and the places they land...be it airports, deserts, or wildflowers. I have an affinity for Bees and Wasps, but Yellowjackets can die a miserable mass death! I've also got a strong interest in astronomy, but my astrophotography skills are sorely lacking.

I'm tempted by the new EOS M5, and dreaming of the Hasselblad X1D ("Ha!", my wife snorts).

If you have any comments or criticism on the photos I post, please fire away. I have a thick skin, and want to improve my game. I look forward to meeting you!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

If I take enough pictures, at least one of them should turn out...maybe

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,017 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 28, 2016 18:26 |  #1087

Pleasant salutations! Do check out the macro forums and astro - we are a pretty helpful bunch here - enjoy ~

Forgotitagain wrote in post #18169841 (external link)
Hi all! I've browsed POTN several times as a lurker, and am finally joining in on the fun! I've been dabbling in photography for about 30 years, and am still just figuring things out! My first "real" camera was a Pentax K1000 back in '89, and I still have fond memories of it! Mostly a canon guy these days, traded in my 60D and a couple of nice lenses to get a Canon EOS M3 (with optional viewfinder) and I haven't looked back! That may sound like heresy to many, but it's so much more convenient to carry. The camera you have with you vs. the one you left behind...I've missed many opportunities because the camera wasn't with me.

I've been flying helicopters for about 20 years, and in the year since I've "downgraded", my EOS M3 has almost always been there. I've got an interest in the things that fly and the places they land...be it airports, deserts, or wildflowers. I have an affinity for Bees and Wasps, but Yellowjackets can die a miserable mass death! I've also got a strong interest in astronomy, but my astrophotography skills are sorely lacking.

I'm tempted by the new EOS M5, and dreaming of the Hasselblad X1D ("Ha!", my wife snorts).

If you have any comments or criticism on the photos I post, please fire away. I have a thick skin, and want to improve my game. I look forward to meeting you!

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
21,553 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Oct 28, 2016 21:32 |  #1088

Welcome to POTN Forgot.:-)

Mark

droaingsong
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Jan 2017

Jan 18, 2017 06:03 |  #1089

Hello all,

Registration here has been long due and so are my photography skills. I think its time I register and learn from the pro's here. Planning to make my photography hobby as my profession. Looking forward to make some friends here.

Thank you

What I use: A bunch of random tools

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,960 posts
Gallery: 152 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Jan 18, 2017 10:18 |  #1090

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

shinnen
40 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 19, 2017 18:16 |  #1091

Ahhhh Sibelius. I love his music.
... john

GoDsBuTTeR
26 posts
Joined Feb 2017

Feb 19, 2017 18:36 |  #1092

Wow! I had no idea this thread existed! My name is Nick, Butters, GB, however you decide you'd like to address me (I'll get my sig set up in a bit). I am new to this glorious world, I have tipped my toes in the water in the past but never grasped the fundamentals. Well I am glad to say I am back! I recently purchased a T6i with an 18-135 f:3.5-5.6 IS STM, I also have a 50 f:1.8 STM coming in the mail here shortly. My main focus is going to be portraits (including glamour and nude) I have a dedicated model (my wife) who cannot wait to get in front of the camera. I also enjoy landscapes, birds, and since I have access to aircraft I am sure I will be taking pics of those. I am here to learn and cannot wait to get going. Thank you for your time!

GB
Gear List

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,960 posts
Gallery: 152 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Feb 19, 2017 19:08 |  #1093

Welcome to the forum!

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

photosbytw
Goldmember
1,317 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Jan 2015

Feb 19, 2017 19:11 as a reply to  @ GoDsBuTTeR's post |  #1094

Welcome...............​enjoy

Don't even begin to think I'm criticizing your images.
Just a natural curiosity.
tw
www.photosbytw.net

Michel ­ R.
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2017

Feb 23, 2017 11:56 |  #1095

Hi everyone ! This is Michel R. from France (you will realize that with my "english" lol) new member since 2 hours !
This forum is a hudge one and I was wondering "where is it for new members to introduce themselves" as I think it is something to do at first before posting, a kind of respect and courtesy for admins & members.
I've discovered POTN months ago but had lost the link since :-(
Now hopefully I found it again and decided to be courageous by joining in order to be able to see all photos and may be posting myself.

I'm mostly interested in wildlife photography, and on POTN I am so impressed by the quality-sharpness-aesthetic, particulary birds !!! So that I'm not sure I will dare to post mines :oops:
Photographying since years, it's only since 2 years I'm having real good equipment. But good equipement is not enough.... Have to learn, improve and well understand these so beautifull but so sophisticated machines !

Congratulations also on how the forum is organized, seriously but with humor as well :-)
Michel.

Nikon D610/D7100 / (dreaming for D500) Lens 24-120 f/4 - 70-200 f/2.8 VRII - 500 f/4 - 105 mm macro / TC x 2 III

sponsored links

178,385 views & 38 likes for this thread
Member introductions
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.