Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 28 Jan 2017 (Saturday) 23:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

LOGO Idea;

kjonnnn
Goldmember
1,204 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Feb 05, 2017 15:46 as a reply to  @ post 18259527 |  #16

Try the classified section of GraphicDesignForum.com​. You should be able to get assistance at a reasonable price.

sponsored links
marchboom
58 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 18, 2017 13:22 |  #17

Whether you design the logo or you have someone else do it, the card must represent you as a professional. The logo and company name should not look goofy or childish. The card should not look too "busy" (IMO). Hiring a graphic designer might be the best money you can spend. You might want to read up on marketing. Remember, this card is part of your "presentation" to a client as to why they should hire you. Might check out a local college's graphic design dept for assistance. They might do it for free. Look at business cards that you have collected over the years. What has impressed you and what has been a turn off?

And make sure you get quality card stock. Nothing says cheap like a flimsy card.

Good luck.

-Duck-
my head is usually in the way
1,673 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2016

Feb 18, 2017 15:30 |  #18

marchboom wrote in post #18277608 (external link)
And make sure you get quality card stock. Nothing says cheap like a flimsy card.

This is a good point.

Presentation goes far beyond just a quality logo. Like fantastic pictures on a badly designed site or nice suit on an ungroomed person... the entire package has to work together. Remember, as a photographer we are asking our customers to entrust us with their image. How can we earn that trust if our own image fails?

"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Unitas Photography (external link)Facebook (external link)

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Feb 18, 2017 18:22 |  #19
bannedPermanent ban

-Duck- wrote in post #18259309 (external link)
Hold up guys. Ron came on here for advice, not to get slammed. Please be conscious to that fact.

Well the advice he's getting, after viewing his own attempt, is to hire a graphics designer.

-Duck-
1,673 posts
Joined Apr 2016

Feb 18, 2017 22:26 |  #20

Hogloff wrote in post #18277852 (external link)
Well the advice he's getting, after viewing his own attempt, is to hire a graphics designer.

...and it's comments like this that aren't needed. The topic has already been covered. No need to keep kicking the nest.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Feb 19, 2017 07:12 |  #21
bannedPermanent ban

-Duck- wrote in post #18277988 (external link)
...and it's comments like this that aren't needed. The topic has already been covered. No need to keep kicking the nest.

Just replying to your comment...which I guess you deem was required.

-Duck-
1,673 posts
Joined Apr 2016
Post edited over 2 years ago by -Duck-.

Feb 19, 2017 20:43 |  #22

Hogloff wrote in post #18278213 (external link)
Just replying to your comment...which I guess you deem was required.

Yes, my original comment was required. The thread went way off topic, the OP was being slammed for asking a simple question and I made a statement calling those comments out. The issue was dealt with and no more was needed. From your response to me it is obvious you read that whole exchange so I am puzzled why you would bring up something that was squashed weeks ago? This is not what this forum is for. The OP got the message and I feel there is no reason to further call out his logo attempt.

And, no, you were not responding to my comment, thank you. Perhaps you can offer the OP an alternative that is within his budget, or give constructive criticism as to how his attempt can be made better. I'm sure he'd appreciate that much more.

Cheers

-Duck-
1,673 posts
Joined Apr 2016

Feb 19, 2017 21:26 |  #23

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

How about something like this, Ron?

If you like this I can give you the SVG and PNG files for your use. Or I can tweek it to something you do like.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Feb 20, 2017 07:25 |  #24
bannedPermanent ban

-Duck- wrote in post #18278847 (external link)
Yes, my original comment was required. The thread went way off topic, the OP was being slammed for asking a simple question and I made a statement calling those comments out. The issue was dealt with and no more was needed. From your response to me it is obvious you read that whole exchange so I am puzzled why you would bring up something that was squashed weeks ago? This is not what this forum is for. The OP got the message and I feel there is no reason to further call out his logo attempt.

And, no, you were not responding to my comment, thank you. Perhaps you can offer the OP an alternative that is within his budget, or give constructive criticism as to how his attempt can be made better. I'm sure he'd appreciate that much more.

Cheers

Well I think the suggestion of using a graphics designer is a cost effective solution...especially if you take into account your own time fiddling around trying to design something yourself when you are not qualified to do so. Sometimes getting that same message from multiple people makes it sink in.

Best you stick to posts that help the OP rather than policing things.

kjonnnn
Goldmember
1,204 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Feb 20, 2017 16:22 |  #25

W.o.w.

-Duck-
1,673 posts
Joined Apr 2016

Feb 20, 2017 17:05 |  #26

Hogloff wrote in post #18279188 (external link)
Best you stick to posts that help the OP rather than policing things.

You're right. Old habits die hard.

-Duck-
1,673 posts
Joined Apr 2016

Feb 27, 2017 01:38 |  #27

Here's one that's cleaner and nicer...

HOSTED PHOTO

frozenframe
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,636 posts
Gallery: 175 photos
Joined Jun 2013
Post edited over 2 years ago by frozenframe.

Feb 27, 2017 07:28 |  #28

-Duck- wrote in post #18286359 (external link)
Here's one that's cleaner and nicer...
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by -Duck- in
./showthread.php?p=182​86359&i=i148255194
forum: The Business of Photography

Wow, looks great except for one thing. The spelling of my last name. It's with an e not o. I really appreciate what you're doing. Since I've started this thread, more things have jumped up, which is forcing some tough(er) decisions.

1. Learning big time, starting a business is tough, especially on very limited budget.
  2. I had a job that would allow income, and for me to start my photography business slowly. HAD being the keyword.
  3. Got that respiratory flu which put me out of work for a couple of days. Also thanks to my doctor, who put off prescribing medication made to deal with it. I saw him the day before for another reason, and told him about feeling ill. Instead of going ahead with the script, he decided to wait. Well that worked great, not, now I had to miss work.
  4. Since this was a new job, I was on temp/probation to hire. They use a 2-point system.
  5. Truck decided to break-down. This is a big factor in pushing back starting my business. It cost just shy of $1k to fix after tow bills. Guess what the $1k was going to be used for....
  6. Due to doctor appointments, lost my job. Now unemployed, no income, so expending for photo business stops for now. Hoping that it doesn't force me into a liquidation.

So that said, and first and foremost, I'm not using this as negotiating a logo Duck. Not even. Just that I wanted to layout why the delay. However, I've also had the thoughts of maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe I'm suppose to just jump in, both feet now. Don't know, just earlier than what my game plan called for, since I don't have a studio, and weather is not cooperating with any type of outdoor shooting.

Ron
My Gear List

-Duck-
1,673 posts
Joined Apr 2016
Post edited over 2 years ago by -Duck-.

Feb 27, 2017 13:36 |  #29

frozenframe wrote in post #18286501 (external link)
Wow, looks great except for one thing. The spelling of my last name. It's with an e not o. I really appreciate what you're doing...

Sorry for the misspelling. Easy enough to fix. My offer still stands if you want to use anything along this line. These are easy for me to create and I can give you all the source files if you want.

I too am in a transitional stage looking to step away from a 22 year career that's been very good to me and move in a direction that most 'normal' people would urge me not to do. Unfortunately for me I really enjoy my photography work, I have a lot of money invested in it and I am much too stubborn to back out.

I am a strong believer in karma in that you reap what you sow. I also understand the value of accepting help when help is needed most. I've been there too many times. So if I find myself in a position to help someone else, I past it on just as someone else helped me.

Feel free to PM me and we can discuss further what your goals are, what you need and how I can be of help.

Cheers

-Duck-
1,673 posts
Joined Apr 2016

Mar 01, 2017 21:43 |  #30

HOSTED PHOTO

Of course it looks better as a PNG but the site doesn't allow them.
Anyways, here's the corrected spelling. Sorry about that.

sponsored links

7,881 views & 15 likes for this thread
LOGO Idea;
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.