Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 29 Dec 2016 (Thursday) 18:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New F-Stop Ajna

cheffievrs
552 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 06, 2017 10:31 |  #16

is the Tele Master ICU heavy..?

Queens Royal Hussars
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/59499293@N08 (external link) http://500px.com/jswoo​d (external link)

sponsored links
jamsomito
102 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Apr 2016

Jan 06, 2017 11:56 |  #17

Woah, you just got one? I would have thought the company went under by now. Glad to hear people are still getting bags. Love my Ajna.

Would love a large and a small ICU for flexibility on different trips, but it's not in the budget or plan right now. Hope they can hold out until I need one!

kaitlyn2004
Goldmember
1,662 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 06, 2017 12:38 |  #18

Yeah I have the Medium Pro ICU (which I love) but definitely wonder about a Large ICU and the differences that would allow... hmmm!

My Landscape Photography Videos (external link)
My Instagram (external link)

manqvu
49 posts
Joined Nov 2014

Jan 07, 2017 01:43 as a reply to  @ jamsomito's post |  #19

It sounds like the company may be turning things around for the better! I ordered a medium sloped ICU and some accessories which all arrived within 3-4 weeks. I hope this trend continues.

peter_n
Goldmember
2,423 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 10, 2017 08:10 |  #20

manqvu wrote in post #18236210 (external link)
It sounds like the company may be turning things around for the better! I ordered a medium sloped ICU and some accessories which all arrived within 3-4 weeks. I hope this trend continues.

At the moment anyway it looks like it is continuing. Since the beginning of the year I've ordered three things from f-stop that were marked as in stock on their web site and they all arrived from St. Louis in a week.

Yesterday I got a call from Sandra in f-stop apologizing for the delay in shipping a fourth item that's marked on the site as shipping in early spring. I couldn't believe it. It does seem that at least some employees are trying to right the ship.

~Peter

sawsedge
781 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 10, 2017 14:00 |  #21

It would be good to see f-stop fix their issues. I do like my Loka.

However when I discovered abrasion on the bottom corners (the hypalon doesn't wrap around high enough), they refused to do anything about it. They kept 'losing' my email and acted like they had no records of my purchase (I have the original order saved), and finally just pointed to the tricky wording of the warranty, which makes the 20 year warranty effectively worthless. They suggested it was abuse. I don't use the bag daily, I don't drag or drop it, etc. I've never had another bag start to fail like that. I think it is a design flaw. After raving to so many people about the Loka... I'm pretty upset they didn't help me out.

I fixed it with tearmender, and will spray on some plasti-dip to protect the corners from further abrasion, but I'm not going to buy another f-stop product until they change their stance. I'd been treated well prior to this abrasion issue.

And four years after I bought the bag, they still can't ship the day you place an order.

- John

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Feb 11, 2017 07:50 |  #22
bannedPermanent ban

sawsedge wrote in post #18269744 (external link)
It would be good to see f-stop fix their issues. I do like my Loka.

However when I discovered abrasion on the bottom corners (the hypalon doesn't wrap around high enough), they refused to do anything about it. They kept 'losing' my email and acted like they had no records of my purchase (I have the original order saved), and finally just pointed to the tricky wording of the warranty, which makes the 20 year warranty effectively worthless. They suggested it was abuse. I don't use the bag daily, I don't drag or drop it, etc. I've never had another bag start to fail like that. I think it is a design flaw. After raving to so many people about the Loka... I'm pretty upset they didn't help me out.

I fixed it with tearmender, and will spray on some plasti-dip to protect the corners from further abrasion, but I'm not going to buy another f-stop product until they change their stance. I'd been treated well prior to this abrasion issue.

And four years after I bought the bag, they still can't ship the day you place an order.

I've read many people having this same issue. Does seem like a design problem. A company which hides behind the fine print to get out of fixing their issues will never see a penny from me. Many other companies out there which value their customers.

4g63photo
Goldmember
2,742 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 11, 2017 10:58 |  #23

Dang! I was about to pick up an f stop bag.

-Fernando-
Gear List
Flickr (external link)

Bcaps
I was a little buzzed when I took this
818 posts
Gallery: 70 photos
Best ofs: 16
Joined Jun 2003
Post edited over 2 years ago by Bcaps.

Feb 11, 2017 11:07 |  #24

4g63photo wrote in post #18270515 (external link)
Dang! I was about to pick up an f stop bag.

Just as a counterpoint, I've beaten the hell out of my bag (Tilopa) over the last four years and it has held up very well.

- Dave | flickr (external link)
Nikon D810
14-24mm f/2.8 | 16-35mm F/4 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/4 | Sigma 150-600mm

sawsedge
781 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 12, 2017 10:35 as a reply to  @ Bcaps's post |  #25

I'm glad the Tilopa doesn't have that problem.

It was warm enough this weekend for me to use the plasti-dip and I coated the problem corners on my Loka. I think that will take care of the abrasion problem.

- John

LBinAZ
69 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 20, 2017 16:34 |  #26

manqvu wrote in post #18236210 (external link)

Not too sure about turning things around. I ordered an Anja February 5th, still waiting for it. My last enquiry about a delivery date resulted in an apology for the delay but no prediction for a shipping date. Deciding now if I want to cancel on general principles or play the when do I get the stuff I already paid for game.

I like their gear but I sure don't like their business model.

Jonoooo125
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 20, 2017 18:18 |  #27

LBinAZ wrote in post #18306211 (external link)
Not too sure about turning things around. I ordered an Anja February 5th, still waiting for it. My last enquiry about a delivery date resulted in an apology for the delay but no prediction for a shipping date. Deciding now if I want to cancel on general principles or play the when do I get the stuff I already paid for game.

I like their gear but I sure don't like their business model.

I ordered the ajna red bull on the 7th Feb too, I've been given an estimate of the middle of May for delivery from the European warehouse so fingers crossed, they could get an orange one to me quicker but I want the red bull colour. I've had a part refund before and it took longer than the rest of the order to be delivered so it's not always the quicker option. I think I got my refund 3 weeks after my ICUs, and this was 6 months after I'd ordered and paid. I like their stuff too so I think it's worth the wait...maybe.

ChrisHeathcote
184 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Mar 22, 2017 03:26 |  #28

For anyone in the UK or Europe, I recently bought an Ajna with ICU's from CameraNU.NL. It arrived 3 days after I placed the order. It was slightly more expensive than FStop EU site but it I am now enjoying it

Boringjay
22 posts
Joined Apr 2017

Apr 21, 2017 20:32 |  #29

does anybody know where I can get F-stop Kenti?

jmphotography
26 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Aug 2015

Apr 24, 2017 11:14 as a reply to  @ Boringjay's post |  #30

It doesn't look like they are selling them anymore. I have a malibu blue Kenti I may be willing to sell if you are interested.

sponsored links

9,402 views & 23 likes for this thread
New F-Stop Ajna
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.