Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 19 Mar 2017 (Sunday) 10:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

corel paintshop pro 9

SL ­ 585
74 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 19, 2017 10:23 |  #1

Anyone using this ? for the Value seems good.

5D Mark II&III/50D Gripped/30D/Canon 580EX II x2/Sigma 30mm 1.4/Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS/Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8/ Flashpoint XPLOR 600 L

sponsored links
eddieb1
768 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Mar 19, 2017 12:27 |  #2

I like it. It does everything I need, and then some. I'm sure someone will come along and "poo, poo" Paintshop Pro and tell you to go with Lightroom, but for the cost difference, Paintshop Pro does a great job.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
40,341 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by Wilt. (6 edits in all)

Mar 19, 2017 12:45 |  #3

Paintshop Pro 9, or Paintshop Pro X9 (nineteen) ?!

Nine is over 10 years old. Nineteen is the current version...I have PSP16 loaded and have been dragging my feet on upgrading, as I have not bothered to see what new capabilities might be of interest.
Been using PSP since it was JASCO product, before it was purchased by Corel. Everyone once in a few new releases, I upgrade, skipping editions. In fact, your post caused me to investigate PSPX8 vs. PSPX9, and I found a real bargain on the new PSPX9 Ultimate, and bought it (only 1 avail)!

I think of Adobe Photoshop (classic) as highly oriented to graphic artists, Adobe Elements as more oriented to photographers, and Corel Paintshop Pro as in between the two, but definitely more leaning at photographers than it is toward graphic arts professionals. The embedded RAW conversion is not as powerful as the dedicated RAW conversion in Photoshop or Lightroom. Certainly cheaper to upgrade than even Photoshop Elements, especially if you do not have to have the absolutely latest version!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

SL ­ 585
THREAD ­ STARTER
74 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 19, 2017 13:46 |  #4

Sorry yes I meant X9 ;-)a

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it !

5D Mark II&III/50D Gripped/30D/Canon 580EX II x2/Sigma 30mm 1.4/Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS/Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8/ Flashpoint XPLOR 600 L

teekay
Goldmember
2,901 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Mar 20, 2017 01:14 |  #5

I still use the old Jasc PSP9 and like its simple interface compared to later Corel versions. I first process using Lightroom, then PSP to finish, partly because IMHO the old PSP has a far better cloning tool than LR.

frozenframe
Goldmember
1,591 posts
Gallery: 174 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jun 2013

Mar 25, 2017 08:54 |  #6

teekay wrote in post #18305634 (external link)
I still use the old Jasc PSP9 and like its simple interface compared to later Corel versions. I first process using Lightroom, then PSP to finish, partly because IMHO the old PSP has a far better cloning tool than LR.

Seeing your post peaked my curiosity. So I dug out my copy of Jasc PSP 9 to see if it would even run on my Win10. I was surprised that it does, so I've been playing around with it. :-)

Ron
My Gear List

teekay
Goldmember
2,901 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Mar 25, 2017 10:40 |  #7

frozenframe wrote in post #18310428 (external link)
.... I dug out my copy of Jasc PSP 9 to see if it would even run on my Win10. I was surprised that it does, so I've been playing around with it. :-)

Enjoy it! I also run Win10 and was pleasantly surprised when PSP9 ran with no problems. And I'm sometimes surprised by how, even after I've tweaked an image all I can with LR, sometimes my old PSP improves it still more by one click on the "AutoFIx" button. Resizing is also extremely simple.

eddieb1
768 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Mar 25, 2017 10:45 |  #8

teekay wrote in post #18310491 (external link)
Enjoy it! I also run Win10 and was pleasantly surprised when PSP9 ran with no problems. And I'm sometimes surprised by how, even after I've tweaked an image all I can with LR, sometimes my old PSP improves it still more by one click on the "AutoFIx" button. Resizing is also extremely simple.

Just proves that the newest is not always best.

sponsored links

1,962 views & 7 likes for this thread
corel paintshop pro 9
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.