Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 16 Apr 2017 (Sunday) 16:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wedding Contract Cancellation verbiage

kjonnnn
Goldmember
1,204 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 19, 2017 17:46 |  #16

If you were contracted to be the exclusive photographer for the event, that doesnt mean that no one else can take photographs, it just means she cant contract with another photograher to take photos.

sponsored links
DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
1,927 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined Nov 2016

Apr 19, 2017 17:51 |  #17

sapearl wrote in post #18332188 (external link)
Was this a CONTRACTED 3rd party invited by the bride to provide photo coverage or just a friend who was asked to furnish some photography?

I have to say you have been very cryptic with the info you have posted here.

I have to agree. The OP has never spelled out the issue, just hinted and provided occasional fractional glimpses. It would be good to know what exactly is the problem.

David.
Comment and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

huntersdad
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,583 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 19, 2017 18:33 |  #18

Guys, I appreciate the help and concern. Unfortunately, I am not comfortable discussing the specifics publicly as this situation has turned into one with attorneys involved. If you are direly interested in the specifics, you can reach me another way.

Facebook (external link)

http://WWW.BLENDEDLIGH​TPHOTOGRAPHY.COM (external link)
5D4 / 35 F2 / 50L / 85 1.8

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 19, 2017 21:03 |  #19

Simply stating whether or not another photographer was contracted or not is not information that you should have an issue providing.

You could have very easily started this thread with (providing this was the case as your being secretive isn't helping outside understanding of the situation)... I was contracted to shoot a wedding by a bride. My contract states that I should be the only contracted photographer however the bride subsequently contracted someone else as well. I'm therefore cancelling the contract as she is in breach. Any thoughts on the best way of communicating this to her?

As others have pointed out if your contract is watertight it should just be a matter of referring to the relevant clause and advising her of the cancellation. Apply the KISS principle and don't create additional complications that need not be created.

Peter

huntersdad
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,583 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 19, 2017 21:21 as a reply to  @ memoriesoftomorrow's post |  #20

My contract is watertight. I simply asked for some verbiage on a cancellation as I have never had to do one. I'm not sure why there's so much interest in the specifics. I know she breached, she knows she breached. All I need was some wording.

Problem has been solved.

Facebook (external link)

http://WWW.BLENDEDLIGH​TPHOTOGRAPHY.COM (external link)
5D4 / 35 F2 / 50L / 85 1.8

kjonnnn
Goldmember
1,204 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 20, 2017 17:34 as a reply to  @ huntersdad's post |  #21

You can't understand why why people are concerned with specifics? As the phrase goes, the devil is in the details.

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,573 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 20, 2017 22:31 |  #22

huntersdad wrote in post #18332510 (external link)
My contract is watertight. I simply asked for some verbiage on a cancellation as I have never had to do one. I'm not sure why there's so much interest in the specifics. I know she breached, she knows she breached. All I need was some wording.

Problem has been solved.

Well, I'm not sure about it being watertight - I think my own contract is pretty decent, it's one page long, straight forward, and has evolved over a number of years of experience, mostly good, tweaked as necessary. I've yet seek legal recourse, fortunately. Apparently there was something your bride either overlooked or didn't understand which then resulted in the so-called breach. It's entirely possible she was a poor client, completely responsible for this mess.

The reason we wanted specifics was because you were asking for a written response to a vague and cryptic situation, with little explanation. How could we be
constructively helpful, in a way that wouldn't aggravate the situation even more, with so little information? If you come here asking for sound advice, you have to provide adequate background.

You say the problem is solved. In other words you escalated to an attorney, to your own satisfaction and consider it resolved. If the attorney just inflames the situation, or she still misses the point, then there has yet to be a resolution. I hope I'm wrong.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

sponsored links

6,593 views & 4 likes for this thread
Wedding Contract Cancellation verbiage
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.