Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 09 Nov 2011 (Wednesday) 15:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Business or Home Office setup

jcu809
411 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 09, 2011 15:45 |  #1

I don't know if this is the right section, but I want to know or get ideas of how members are setting up their home or business office for their photography workflow. Maybe some details of what kind of lighting, chairs, colors of walls, desk, storage of drives/photos/printers​/etc, decor...... Photos of your work space would be great.

jcu

Gear List

sponsored links
cbknight
Goldmember
1,767 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 09, 2011 17:14 |  #2

Close your eyes and picture in your mind a disaster zone. That would be mine. But it functions well for me :(

Craig
4K Photography Studio
[/URL]

jcu809
THREAD ­ STARTER
411 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 09, 2011 18:40 |  #3

sounds like a war photojounalist.

Gear List

Presha
851 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by Presha. (2 edits in all)

Mar 02, 2017 14:11 |  #4

Thought I'd add to this forum and would like to see other's setup as well!

The picture of the yellow tree is a view of me sitting at my desk looking outward.

The wall color is cracked pepper gray color. I laid the floors as well with 5" acacia real wood floors.

The lights are halogen bulbs

The picture of the yellow tree is 40x80 on Fuji flex mounted on acrylic.

The picture of the coast is mounted on acrylic and printed on Fuji flex.

The computer is a macpro with (2)24" planar monitors. There's also 2 printers, out of the frame, on my desk as well, with 6 TB of storage!
Don't know if you can see what's on the shelf, but there's books on photography and several old cameras as props and my phaseone camera.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for looking!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Fuji 617| Phase one 645 DF+| phase one p65+| 80mm 2.8 LS | 35mm AF

njstacker22
703 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Mar 21, 2017 11:26 |  #5

Oh, you don't want to see my office but imagine this... take a few isles of B&H, pretend that a small tornado came through and ripped everything off the shelves and scattered them everywhere. Mixed gear with an excessive amount of camera bags, tripods, lenses, accessories, computer parts, a ton of books, paperwork and a mini-fridge filled to the brim w/ miller lite and redbull. That's my office.

Sony A7ii [Sony FE 16-35mm f/4] [Sony FE 28-70mm] [Rokinon 135mm F2] [Sony 50mm 1.8]
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/djbigley/ (external link)

AnnieMacD
Oops, me again
3,752 posts
Gallery: 677 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited over 2 years ago by AnnieMacD.

Mar 21, 2017 11:30 |  #6

njstacker22 wrote in post #18306942 (external link)
Oh, you don't want to see my office but imagine this... take a few isles of B&H, pretend that a small tornado came through and ripped everything off the shelves and scattered them everywhere. Mixed gear with an excessive amount of camera bags, tripods, lenses, accessories, computer parts, a ton of books, paperwork and a mini-fridge filled to the brim w/ miller lite and redbull. That's my office.

Oh, go on, show us. Sounds like mine sans the beer!

flickr (external link)

rgs
Goldmember
2,327 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Joined Jun 2007

May 08, 2017 22:37 |  #7

My office is at home. I work entirely on location shooting real estate, class reunions, and musical groups as well as landscape and nature photography. I don't need a studio space that would require me to pay rent and either stay in the studio or hire someone to keep the door open. I have a nice home office that works well for me.

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

Deardorff
110 posts
Joined Oct 2016

May 13, 2017 06:43 |  #8

No matter how you set it up I believe Full Spectrum lighting is a big plus. Basically equal to noon daylight - it shows color well and helps a lot with "seasonal effective disorder" if you tend to get the Blahs in winter or overcast weather.

A track light system with quartz spot/floods to highlight your images on the wall always helps.

Colors? Up to you. I prefer neutral grays and soft accents - but that is just me.

"I've been a procrastinator all my life. I keep meaning to do something about that."

sponsored links

3,221 views & 6 likes for this thread
Business or Home Office setup
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.