Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 14 May 2017 (Sunday) 20:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

how would you create this?

bopper
26 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2016
Post edited over 1 year ago by Lester Wareham with reason 'Do not upload images that are not your cooyright, only link'.

May 14, 2017 20:57 |  #1

hey guys I currently use lightroom cc and was wondering If I could create something like this with lightroom.

if so how is it done? What is it called so I can youtube or google it?

sponsored links
Damo77
Goldmember
4,609 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 14, 2017 21:01 |  #2

No, you really need Photoshop (or an equivalent pixel editing program) for this.

Damien
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

bopper
THREAD ­ STARTER
26 posts
Joined Jul 2016

May 14, 2017 21:02 as a reply to  @ Damo77's post |  #3

no problem I do have photoshop, im just not proficient with it yet.
what is the process called or how would you go about doing it?

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

May 14, 2017 21:06 |  #4

If this isn't your photo, you should post a link to it instead of posting someone else's work. Apologies if I am mistaken.

bopper
THREAD ­ STARTER
26 posts
Joined Jul 2016

May 14, 2017 21:09 as a reply to  @ Bassat's post |  #5

a friend of mine took the original pictures then his subject had a print made somewhere and posted it on facebook, there isn't an original link that I know of.

Tristan29photography
59 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2017

May 14, 2017 21:37 |  #6

I think you can achieve this in lightroom Directly. Play around with the mains sliders and you can get it easily. This effect is called HDR (high dynamic Range)

Can try this :
Clarity Maximum
Contrast High Value
Highlights minimum
Open at max the shadows.

Otherwise you can use super softwares like photomatix Pro which can get you to this result with one Single Photo.

Tristan Quevilly
Fine Art Landscape Photography (external link)
Specialized in wild landscapes and portraits of Traditional Cultures

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
9,255 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jun 2011

May 14, 2017 21:56 |  #7

Look into photoshop layers and layer masks. You will edit your masks with a variety of other tools ... pen tool, brush, eraser, blur whatever.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Damo77
Goldmember
4,609 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 15, 2017 02:06 |  #8

Tristan29photography wrote in post #18354793 (external link)
I think you can achieve this in lightroom Directly. Play around with the mains sliders and you can get it easily. This effect is called HDR (high dynamic Range)

Can try this :
Clarity Maximum
Contrast High Value
Highlights minimum
Open at max the shadows.

Otherwise you can use super softwares like photomatix Pro which can get you to this result with one Single Photo.

The image has been taken down now, but if we get to see it again, you'll see it's a composite of several images. The "HDR" effect is only a fraction of the story.

Damien
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 15, 2017 05:48 |  #9

Thread doesn't make any sense now, with the pic and any link to it missing.

Website (external link) |

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,815 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

May 15, 2017 17:39 |  #10

bopper wrote in post #18354775 (external link)
a friend of mine took the original pictures then his subject had a print made somewhere and posted it on facebook, there isn't an original link that I know of.

Why haven't you just posted a link to the Facebook page that hosts the image?

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

bopper
THREAD ­ STARTER
26 posts
Joined Jul 2016

May 15, 2017 22:50 |  #11

it was basically one print with 3 different images of a rider showcased together in one image.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

ejenner
Goldmember
3,701 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined Nov 2011
Post edited over 1 year ago by ejenner.

May 15, 2017 23:45 |  #12

Q: How do you do this?
A: Good PS skills. And some decent, well planned shots to start with.

It is rare that you can get something really good really easily. Whether or not you like the image, quite a bit of work and thought has gone into it.

Edward Jenner
5DIII, 7DII, M6, GX1 II,M11-22, Sig15mm FE,16-35 F4,TS-E 17,Sig 18-250 OS Macro,M18-150,24-105,T45 1.8VC,70-200 f4 IS,70-200 2.8 vII,Sig 85 1.4,100L,135L,400DOII.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/48305795@N03/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/edward.jenner.372/p​hotos (external link)

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 16, 2017 05:56 |  #13

ejenner wrote in post #18355821 (external link)
Q: How do you do this?
A: Good PS skills. And some decent, well planned shots to start with.

This. Add to the list the need for a good concept imagination - what some people may call an "artistic talent."

Website (external link) |

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,815 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by Tom Reichner.

May 16, 2017 13:21 as a reply to  @ ejenner's post |  #14

I thought that the OP was looking for good, step-by-step instructions.

Perhaps the OP could clarify this, but I thought that he was asking, "How would you create this?" so that he could learn how to do it himself. Some basic guidance as to executing the composing process seems like it would be beneficial to the OP.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
7,954 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Joined Dec 2010

May 16, 2017 15:36 |  #15

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18356197 (external link)
I thought that the OP was looking for good, step-by-step instructions.

Perhaps the OP could clarify this, but I thought that he was asking, "How would you create this?" so that he could learn how to do it himself. Some basic guidance as to executing the composing process seems like it would be beneficial to the OP.

The information required to do this well is way beyond a simple post to a forum. As has been mentioned, you have to start with the finished image in mind, and then go shoot some suitable shots. Then they have either done a bang up compositing job on the images, requiring advanced selection methods to cut the action out, and drop i on the background. There are multiple ways of doing that, but the one thing I have noticed is that they all seem to require lots of careful detailed work. My prefered method is to just paint a selection mask, which is probably the slowest method of them all, but only requires that you can use the painting tools. Then you just drop the layers on top of each other, and then apply whatever filter gives that odd contrast effect. Or of course they might have done the contrast thing on each exposure, and then done the compositing afterwards.

The generalities are quite simple sounding, but the details are another thing entirely. The real difficulty with this one is the all the flying powder snow, and selecting it from the background. That looks harder than even selecting fine flyaway hair!

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

sponsored links

5,089 views & 13 likes for this thread
how would you create this?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.