Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 23 May 2017 (Tuesday) 19:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

PhotoShop Mac Mini Options

Airedale1
Cream of the Crop
5,898 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by Airedale1.

May 23, 2017 19:30 |  #1

I had a PC and on that PC I had PhotoShop CS3 Extended which I was very happy and familiar with. Long story short, my PC is dead and I now have a new Mac Mini which I love.

So, what are my options for getting PhotoShop on my Mac? A co-worker told me that she thinks the only way to get it now is via a monthly subscription. Is this true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Canon S90

sponsored links
Jethr0
Goldmember
1,049 posts
Gallery: 91 photos
Joined Aug 2012

May 23, 2017 19:42 |  #2

Since your other software was for PC...you'd need to purchase for the Mac. I have been using the Adobe subscription for a while now and am extremely happy with it. The photographer plan is fairly cheap. And you can install ACR and Adobe Bridge from their software libraries. And keep them up to date.

I highly recommend.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeff​lowe.ca (external link)

ThreeHounds
837 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Joined Mar 2014

May 23, 2017 20:43 |  #3

Agree with Jethr0. Have Mac Mini late 2012, use entire Adobe CC apps. works flawlessly. If you only need PS, ACR and LR, the photo plan will do what you need.

5D MkIII | 7D | Bronica ETRS
EF 24-105 f/4 L | EF 85mm f/1.8 USM | EF 17-40 f/4 L | EF 70-300 f/4 L | 105 f/3.5 Zenzanon | Tamron SP90 f/2.8 Di Macro VC USM
flickr (external link)

tdlavigne
364 posts
Joined Mar 2015
Post edited over 1 year ago by tdlavigne.

May 24, 2017 04:27 |  #4

I remember a while back one of the Tech sites said Adobe had CS2 for free, maybe look into that? I wanna say it was CNET maybe? Maybe try google that and see if it's an option. But really, CC is pretty cheap ($10/month) so I'd opt for that 9x out of 10

Airedale1
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,898 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by Airedale1.

May 25, 2017 07:31 |  #5

Thank you all for the info. I just signed up for the PS Photographer's package which is $9.99 a month. It gives me PS & Lightroom.

Canon S90

Lumens
428 posts
Joined Dec 2013

May 25, 2017 07:45 |  #6

I have an 11" Macbook Air I have the Adobe CC installed on that works great. I have the CC installed on the 128 Gig hard drive and I use an external SSD drive for my catalog and image files. This system works extremely well for me. I back up the SSD drive on another local drive for security.

Adobe allows CC to be used on two computers at a time so I also have it installed on my Macbook Pro. Both system work extremely well.

FUJI XT-2 & FUJI XT-3 ->
12mm Roki, 16 f1.4, 35 f1.4, 56 f1.2, 80 Macro
10-24, 18-55, 55-200, 100-400

Mathmans
272 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Apr 2014

May 26, 2017 04:28 as a reply to  @ Lumens's post |  #7

How to get Photoshop CS3? I guess you want stand alone Photoshop edition, right?
I think, stand alone version of Photoshop is still available to download. I believe it's version CS6 and costs a lot of money.
Does $700 sounds right?
If you still have your Photoshop CS3 (Windows version) on some media there is another way.
Did you know you can install Windows on Mac? Then you can switch between OS and Windows.
If you want to have Photoshop CS3, the only way is to install Windows on your Mac and then install Photoshop, like
you did on your old computer. If this is too much hassle for you, I'm afraid there is no other legal way to get CS3 on your Mac.
The other way is to buy still available stand alone CS6 version for Mac.
The third way is to go for subscription - Photoshop version CC, I believe.

My photos:
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/149610703@N05/ (external link)

sponsored links

1,511 views & 4 likes for this thread
PhotoShop Mac Mini Options
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.