Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,609 posts
Gallery: 171 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 16, 2017 07:14 |  #391

My single action 45 cal. revolver and holster made by Alfonzo's of Hollywood. I bought the holster in 1996 while working on a construction project in North Hollywood. Alfonzo's is famous for making fast draw holsters and for Hollywood celebrities such as John Wayne and Gary Cooper.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

sponsored links
digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,211 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 16, 2017 07:36 |  #392

David Arbogast wrote in post #18379585 (external link)
Beautiful place...the long exposure gives such an arresting feel to it.

Thank you David!

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
12,428 posts
Gallery: 578 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 16, 2017 07:59 |  #393

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18379678 (external link)
Wow Eddie, outstanding! Love your cabinet work and the pop up top rules! Yes, very very Westfalia like! You are very talented in the campervan conversion process-everything looks very neat and clean.

On the diamond plate we're just getting started. The 'crown' where wall meets celing region will start getting 'plated' my next off week.
Have you noticed there is always something to do or change? We added a Stowaway Max Cargo pod and it blocked one of the rear view cameras, just got it relocated yesterday :(
Well cool another converter is here among us :)

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18379678 (external link)
Wow Eddie, outstanding! Love your cabinet work and the pop up top rules! Yes, very very Westfalia like! You are very talented in the campervan conversion process-everything looks very neat and clean.

On the diamond plate we're just getting started. The 'crown' where wall meets celing region will start getting 'plated' my next off week.
Have you noticed there is always something to do or change? We added a Stowaway Max Cargo pod and it blocked one of the rear view cameras, just got it relocated yesterday :(
Well cool another converter is here among us :)

Thanks MM. The pop top is great as it allows us to stand in the back and it also sleeps 2 up top so 4 can sleep altogether in van as back seats fold down. Like you say though the to-do list is never ending!

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
RX1R II | α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket
Voigtlander 15 | Loxia 21 | Batis 25 | Voigtlander 40 | Batis 85

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
12,428 posts
Gallery: 578 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 16, 2017 08:01 |  #394

TRhoads wrote in post #18379737 (external link)
Are you doing all that work yourself? Very nice.

Thanks Travis. I've done everything myself apart from the pop top roof. My dad gave me a hand doing the windows

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
RX1R II | α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket
Voigtlander 15 | Loxia 21 | Batis 25 | Voigtlander 40 | Batis 85

idsurfer
Cream of the Crop
5,768 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 16, 2017 08:09 |  #395

4 shots stitched. No other significant processing. This is how the colors rendered from the camera. I didn't really do it much justice but the display of clouds that evening was pretty awesome.

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4225/35130267022_2e203da61e_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/VwkN​t1  (external link) SE Idaho Alpenglow. (external link) by Cory Shuler (external link), on Flickr

Cory
Sony ⍺6500 | Sigma 56/1.4 | Sony/Zeiss E 24/1.8 | Samyang 12/2
flickr (external link) flickr (external link)
Feedback

invi2003
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Gallery: 437 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 16, 2017 08:19 |  #396

SAMYANG AF 35mm f2.8 FE – LENS REVIEW (external link)

invi2003
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Gallery: 437 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 16, 2017 08:24 |  #397

Look at all of you with your fancy models and breathless scenery while I walk around with my little buddy. :-P

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4222/34531899803_3c9bd1a513_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/UBt1​JP  (external link)
Amazed (external link) by rramirez2008 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4247/34531903373_1a0ba3e68a_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/UBt2​Nn  (external link)
Amazed (external link) by rramirez2008 (external link), on Flickr

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,211 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited over 1 year ago by digital_AM.

Jun 16, 2017 08:36 |  #398

Anyone use these profiles?

http://www.piraccini.n​et …ny-a900-per-adobe-lr.html (external link)

I found them when browsing this thread on FM regarding Sony color skin tones vs Canon

http://www.fredmiranda​.com/forum/topic/14934​22/1 (external link)

And this link has some good settings to try

https://www.dpreview.c​om/forums/thread/41571​08?page=7 (external link)

Apologize for the links but there is some useful information there for those that are interested. To my eyes, Sony colors for skin tones appear yellow/orangish and require some tweaking.

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,691 posts
Gallery: 439 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 16, 2017 08:41 |  #399

now that i pretty much know how to do skintone, any camera does not matter. especially when I use a custom white balance target like the expodisc, skin tone is really close to real if not perfect.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

idsurfer
Cream of the Crop
5,768 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 16, 2017 09:12 |  #400

digital_AM wrote in post #18379791 (external link)
Anyone use these profiles?

http://www.piraccini.n​et …ny-a900-per-adobe-lr.html (external link)

I found them when browsing this thread on FM regarding Sony color skin tones vs Canon

http://www.fredmiranda​.com/forum/topic/14934​22/1 (external link)

And this link has some good settings to try

https://www.dpreview.c​om/forums/thread/41571​08?page=7 (external link)

Apologize for the links but there is some useful information there for those that are interested. To my eyes, Sony colors for skin tones appear yellow/orangish and require some tweaking.

I have seen that DPreview thread. I used to never touch the camera calibration sliders when shooting canon. I have found that minor tweaks of those sliders definitely help from time to time with the Sony files. That said, I've not noticed any particular settings to be consistently helpful to the point that I would add them into my import presets. The blue hue slider seems to be very helpful in getting true to life colors out of the skies. Often the blues come out more turquoise....which I don't like.

Cory
Sony ⍺6500 | Sigma 56/1.4 | Sony/Zeiss E 24/1.8 | Samyang 12/2
flickr (external link) flickr (external link)
Feedback

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,829 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Jun 16, 2017 09:27 |  #401

so decided to let go of the a7sii..:cry:
not an easy choice , but I think i'll appreciate the a7rii more ( or maybe ill hold out till a7iii announcement and see what that offers , if theres an a9R i'm assuming its $4k+ and that's too steep for me)
ill miss certain aspects of the a7sii .. but the search continues for my perfect cameras

I got a couple of Cameras and lenses ...Canon, Sony, Fuji, Pansonic, pentax
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)
My latest YT video -->https://youtu.be/YzJ1o​eiHm7Y (external link)

mystik610
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,492 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 16, 2017 09:51 |  #402

rantercsr wrote in post #18379831 (external link)
so decided to let go of the a7sii..:cry:
not an easy choice , but I think i'll appreciate the a7rii more ( or maybe ill hold out till a7iii announcement and see what that offers , if theres an a9R i'm assuming its $4k+ and that's too steep for me)
ill miss certain aspects of the a7sii .. but the search continues for my perfect cameras

I really think the a7rII will fit the bill for you. Very nice jack of all trades camera. The sensor is top notch all around. The only downside is the sluggishness and the so-so tracking...it's something that will stand out since you had the a6500 previously, but it's capable enough for a lot of things. The a7rII is a steal right now too since it's been so heavily discounted.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α7ʀIII
Zeiss Loxia 21 - Canon 24-70 2.8LII - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - Sony 50 1.8 - Sony 85GM - Sigma 135 f1.8 ART

mystik610
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,492 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 16, 2017 09:55 |  #403

vinmunoz wrote in post #18379795 (external link)
now that i pretty much know how to do skintone, any camera does not matter. especially when I use a custom white balance target like the expodisc, skin tone is really close to real if not perfect.

Pretty much this. Not that I'm an expert on correcting skintones, but I actually downloaded a few other profiles and they never clicked with me....they're good if you want to apply the profile and be done with it, but you no longer have a neutral baseline and things get out of whack when you start processing the files further.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α7ʀIII
Zeiss Loxia 21 - Canon 24-70 2.8LII - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - Sony 50 1.8 - Sony 85GM - Sigma 135 f1.8 ART

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,609 posts
Gallery: 171 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by navydoc.

Jun 16, 2017 10:01 |  #404

I just got these new hearing aids through the VA and I just LOVE them! They have built-in rechargeable batteries and bluetooth connectivity so with the Compilot Air II that came with them, I can send and receive phone calls directly through my hearing aids. I also got the TV Link II that let's me connect with my TV or an audio device such as an MP3 player.

Finally, I have hearing aids that don't make it sound like I have my fingers in my ears when I hear my own voice. The 1st aids that I got, that these replace are "in-ear" aids and I never got used to wearing them, even after having them for 3 years. With my new ones, I already forget that I'm wearing them.

I've added a pullback shot to show the lighting setup too.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,829 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Jun 16, 2017 10:20 as a reply to  @ mystik610's post |  #405

yeah .. the a7sii excelled at video , and that's great when i'm doing video , but just not doing as much as I thought I would ..
mean while pictures I always want to do ..

I realize that there isn't a Master of all cameras .. every camera or even brand compromises in one area in order to excel in another

That full frame, 4k capable , fully articulating touch screen, Log profiles, 120fps in 1080, never overheating, canon dual pixel like tracking for video , weather sealed camera doesn't exist yet.. and if it did/does it would be too much for my pockets ..lol

I do like that flexibility in the sony raw files. I have no idea what canons latest raw files are like ,, last of there best I dealt with is the 5d3 and then my current t4i
but either way I want to stay in the sony game for that and other reasons as well

I do miss the simplicity of Canon (not sure of simplicity is the right word.. maybe "basic"?.. )
But I don't think I want to go back to the huge 5dX and while I still have my t4i its tiny OVF is annoying and button layout.. ugh.. I don't know how I thought this camera was so great :lol: once upon a time for almost 2 years
So I did just order an 80D for more casual photos, " environmental selfies" with the gf on vacations , quick videos things like that .. which were not so fun with the a7sii..

and then the A7rII for when I really want the best of the best in Quality

well that's the plan

I got a couple of Cameras and lenses ...Canon, Sony, Fuji, Pansonic, pentax
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)
My latest YT video -->https://youtu.be/YzJ1o​eiHm7Y (external link)

sponsored links

1,514,525 views & 52,559 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.