Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Food Photography & Visual Recipes 
Thread started 25 Jul 2016 (Monday) 12:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Raw food, spices, condiments, gadgets and odds from your kitchen etc.

-Duck-
my head is usually in the way
1,543 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2016
Post edited over 1 year ago by -Duck-.

Jan 31, 2017 14:59 |  #46

Some sexy tomatoes!

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Portfolios/Food/i-3fR3DCt/0/XL/UnitasPhoto_Tomatoes-XL.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://photos.smugmug​.com …_Tomatoes-XL.jpg&lb=1&s=A  (external link) on Smugmug

"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Unitas Photography (external link)Blog (external link)Facebook (external link)Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
dmward
Cream of the Crop
8,992 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 23, 2017 22:39 |  #47

Foodguy wrote in post #18130499 (external link)
That would be a lot easier. By law though (for packaging), it needs to be real.

I remember when the FTC made that ruling. I was a young commercial photographer. We is some food projects. Not a specialty.
For those of you old enough, its when the Campbells soup cans went from having pictures of a bowl of soup with the ingredients sticking out of the broth, to the raw ingredients on a chopping block.

We used mashed potatoes for ice cream before the ruling. Back then the stylists were skilled making other stuff look like food. :-D

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
16,801 posts
Gallery: 70 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 16, 2017 19:28 |  #48

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

OhLook
Spiderwoman
16,801 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jun 24, 2017 21:46 |  #49

From the garden. These purple green onions are more strongly flavored than the more common white green onions.

HOSTED PHOTO

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

OhLook
Spiderwoman
16,801 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 12, 2017 00:08 |  #50

Moved from the long Food Photography thread. Immature seed pods from radish plants that I let bloom (they support bees and butterflies). They're much smaller than this photo makes them look. When raw or very lightly cooked, they taste like radishes. Cooked longer than a few seconds, they taste like nothing.

HOSTED PHOTO

Bojsha1965
61 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 20, 2017 06:10 |  #51

Organic tomatoes, very nice taste.

HOSTED PHOTO

Nebojsa
5dmkII | 24-105L | 17-40L | 100L macro | 70-200L | 44-2 | 44M-4 | 77M-4 | MC Volna 9 | Jupiter 9 | Some old Nikkors | flickr (external link)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
11,856 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 01, 2018 12:12 |  #52

The egg and I

The "E" and "B" look the same right side up and upside down.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
11,856 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 01, 2018 12:13 |  #53

Basil seeds to be planted soon.

A five image stack for increased DOF.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
11,856 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 22, 2018 16:21 |  #54

Does this count as a gadget? My new tea kettle

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/811/41591810932_723eea79b1_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/26nj​Umu  (external link) Tea Kettle (external link) by Gene (external link), on Flickr

OhLook
Spiderwoman
16,801 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Apr 22, 2018 18:51 |  #55

navydoc wrote in post #18611551 (external link)

I would have sworn I gave this a Like two hours ago. All right, here's another one!

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
11,856 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 22, 2018 19:18 |  #56

OhLook wrote in post #18611620 (external link)
I would have sworn I gave this a Like two hours ago. All right, here's another one!

You did, and thank you. I deleted the original and posted this revised version of it instead of just editing the original post and changing the image. :rolleyes: DOH!

5280Pics
Goldmember
1,850 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 22, 2018 19:41 |  #57

Awesome!

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/26nj​Umu  (external link) Tea Kettle (external link) by Gene (external link), on Flickr

itsallart
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,940 posts
Gallery: 449 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Apr 22, 2018 21:52 |  #58

QUOTED IMAGE

Gene , that's the best looking kettle I've seen in a while and the shot is spectacular, too....as always :)

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
Facebook (external link) 500px (external link)
Live Event Painting (external link)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
11,856 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 22, 2018 22:33 |  #59

itsallart wrote in post #18611711 (external link)
Gene , that's the best looking kettle I've seen in a while and the shot is spectacular, too....as always :)

Thanks. I tried to think of a little different way to photograph it so I put a piece of black foamcore at the splashboard behind the cooktop and placed the kettle on the large, center burner. With some water in the pot, I turned the flame on high and used a 10 second timer once the kettle started to steam so I could get clear and not be seen in the reflection. The kettle is silver and gets the colors from my kitchen cabinets and drop ceiling with daylight fluorescent tubes.

itsallart
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,940 posts
Gallery: 449 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015
Post edited 2 months ago by itsallart. (2 edits in all)

Apr 22, 2018 23:06 |  #60

navydoc wrote in post #18611726 (external link)
Thanks. I tried to think of a little different way to photograph it so I put a piece of black foamcore at the splashboard behind the cooktop and placed the kettle on the large, center burner. With some water in the pot, I turned the flame on high and used a 10 second timer once the kettle started to steam so I could get clear and not be seen in the reflection. The kettle is silver and gets the colors from my kitchen cabinets and drop ceiling with daylight fluorescent tubes.

Thanks for the explanation and BTW your cook-top looks brand new unless you PSed the heck out of the grates. What brand is it? Surely not Gene Lewis :twisted:
What are the cylindrical things on the left?

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
Facebook (external link) 500px (external link)
Live Event Painting (external link)

sponsored links

19,434 views & 246 likes for this thread
Raw food, spices, condiments, gadgets and odds from your kitchen etc.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Food Photography & Visual Recipes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.