Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
Thread started 10 Jul 2017 (Monday) 13:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park opportunities?

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,419 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 10, 2017 13:26 |  #1

I just found out about this racetrack and would like to know how photographer friendly it is? Also, are the opportunities at smaller events better than the larger events? Thanks for any info!

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

Jethr0
972 posts
Gallery: 80 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 31, 2018 21:01 |  #2

JJD.Photography wrote in post #18398721 (external link)
I just found out about this racetrack and would like to know how photographer friendly it is? Also, are the opportunities at smaller events better than the larger events? Thanks for any info!

Hi....

Did you have an opportunity to take pics at CTMP?
My first crack at it was last May Victoria Day long weekend. I shot from 4 areas mostly.
Examples here: http://www.jefflowe.ca …ekend-speedfest-may-2017/ (external link)

Pro or regional events don’t really differ other than the gate charge for pro events.

I’ll be going back this summer to explore more vantage points.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeff​lowe.ca (external link)

JJD.Photography
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,419 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 01, 2018 19:32 |  #3

Jethr0 wrote in post #18597915 (external link)
Did you have an opportunity to take pics at CTMP?

Really nice shots you have there!! 70-200 on a crop body good for the track shots?

I have not been to the track yet, but I have a few marked on the calendar for the summer. There are a few other tracks I plan to check out as well. Thanks for posting.

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

Jethr0
972 posts
Gallery: 80 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 01, 2018 20:18 as a reply to  @ JJD.Photography's post |  #4

thanks! :-)

Yeah, all of the shots in corner 5 (Mobil 1 sign) were taken with a 70-200 on a 7d mark 2. I tried some with my 150-600 but found I didn’t need it there (and it’s heavy). You can get more than close enough without a media photo bib on.
I used a 150-600 on some of the side pans that have the Tire wall on the opposite side of the track, some were closer with the 70-200. There are lots of shooting locations I did t get a chance to explore.

The paddock is fully open for the most part. Some of the teams (Ferrari and MacLaren) rope things off. The rest are fine if you say hello and ask to look closer. The regional (CASC) sanctioned races are loads of fun there with a wider variety of cars and a great grassroots feel.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeff​lowe.ca (external link)

Road ­ Dog
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2014
Post edited 4 months ago by Road Dog. (2 edits in all)

Apr 02, 2018 16:38 |  #5

I shot there several years ago when it was known as Mosport Park. I was given trackside access through a friend who was the flagman for the F2000 Series, but I didn't really take advantage of it.

I liked shooting at the last turn into the front straight, and along the front straight. That said, I was only there for about six hours, so the experience was somewhat limited...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

827 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park opportunities?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.