Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 08 Jul 2017 (Saturday) 11:02
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "What brand of digital camera and RAW convertor do you use? If 'other', post your selected software for RAW conversion, or state that you shoot JPG only."
Canon + Digital Photo Pro
13.1%
Canon + Photoshop ACR
16.9%
Canon + Lightroom
28.5%
Canon + Elements
2.3%
Canon + Paintshop Pro
2.3%
Canon + DXO Optics Pro
9.2%
Canon + Capture One
4.6%
Canon + Aperture
0%
Canon + DCRAW OS/X
0%
Canon + ON1 Photo
3.8%
Canon + other/ JPG only
2.3%
Nikon + Photoshop ACR
2.3%
Nikon + Lightroom
0.8%
Nikon + Elements
0.8%
Nikon + Paintshop Pro
0%
Nikon + DXO Optics Pro
0.8%
Nikon + Capture One
0.8%
Nikon + Aperture
0%
Nikon + DCRAW OS/X
0%
Nikon + ON1
0%
Nikon + other/JPG only
0%
Sony + Photoshop ACR
1.5%
Sony + Lightroom
2.3%
Sony + Elements
0%
Sony + Paintshop Pro
0%
Sony + DXO Optics
0%
Sony + Capture One
0.8%
Sony + Aperture
0%
Sony + DCRAW OS/X
0%
Sony + ON1
0.8%
Sony + other/JPG only
0%
Olympus + Photoshop ACR
0%
Olympus + Lightroom
1.5%
Olympus + Elements/Paintshop Pro
0%
Olympus + DXO Optics
0.8%
Olympus + Capture One
0%
Olympus + Aperture
0%
Olympus + DCRAW OS/X
0%
Olympus + ON1
0%
Olympus + other/JPG only
0%
Other brand camera + RAW conversion
3.8%
Other brand camera + JPG only
0%

89 voters, 130 votes given (3 choices choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Camera and RAW convertor

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
40,858 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by Wilt.

Jul 08, 2017 11:02 |  #1

It has been a long time since a poll was taken about RAW convertor selection, and since that time POTN has broadened its base to include other brands of cameras besides Canon. So it is time for an updated poll, this time allowing for multiple camera brand as well as RAW convertor.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

sponsored links
Wilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
40,858 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 15, 2017 11:41 |  #2

Gee, where are all the folks who shoot RAW...on holiday?!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Post edited over 1 year ago by Bassat.

Jul 15, 2017 12:05 |  #3

I use Canon bodies, mostly Canon glass, and LR6... most of the time. Very infrequently, I use DPP for raw conversions. DPP is good for when I want to see all the Canon-specific EXIF data (MFA, focus points, and such). DPP also allows me to play with Picture Styles. For the life of me I can't figure a use for most of them. I use N(all options at lowest), or S(tweak to taste).

I only shoot JPG when doing outdoor, daylight sports, or flash stuff.

My wife uses her cell phone, only.

My brother uses Nikon gear and always shoots JPG.

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
5,646 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by kirkt.

Jul 16, 2017 17:57 |  #4

Well, apparently you can only vote for three selections.

Canon + ACR, DxO, C1, dcraw, Raw Photo Processor, iridient Developer, Picktorial, Raw Therapee, Color Perfect

I also use a Ricoh GR2, a DxO ONE and a Sony RX10 II.

kirk

Kirk
---

teekay
Goldmember
2,991 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jul 16, 2017 18:02 |  #5

Why isn't Panasonic on the list?

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
7,913 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 16, 2017 18:29 |  #6

Although I have voted Canon+Lr, as well as Canon+ACR, since I do use ACR occasionally, as well as when exporting images to Ps. Since I'm using CC it uses ACR to render RAW images to the Ps editor window. I could also do with an Other camera JPEG with Lr option, since all of my images from my kids PnS cameras, as well as various smart phones over the years is all also managed by Lr too, since I'm also using it for it's DAM features.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

Wilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
40,858 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 17, 2017 11:24 as a reply to  @ teekay's post |  #7

As you can see, there is little response from brands other than Canon and Olympus in the 'Other' category...zero Sony, zero Nikon thus far, surprisingly. It would have required too many choices for an exhaustive list of camera brands!

Wilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
40,858 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 17, 2017 11:29 as a reply to  @ BigAl007's post |  #8

'Other camera, JPG only' would be your second vote...it does not matter what 'RAW convertor' or organizer...as shooting JPG skips the need for 'RAW conversion', after all.

Benitoite
Goldmember
4,641 posts
Gallery: 418 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2015

Jul 17, 2017 15:58 |  #9

Shoot Canon, convert with RawTherapee

Wilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
40,858 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 17, 2017 16:03 |  #10

Finally, the expected Nikon shooters show up!

KeithS
251 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 17, 2017 19:04 |  #11

Also.....iPhone 7 plus and Lightroom

teekay
Goldmember
2,991 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jul 17, 2017 22:34 |  #12

Wilt wrote in post #18404052 (external link)
As you can see, there is little response from brands other than Canon and Olympus in the 'Other' category...zero Sony, zero Nikon thus far, surprisingly. It would have required too many choices for an exhaustive list of camera brands!

Er...excuse me for asking , but what is the point of this poll? Seems to me that with so few responses that nobody really cares.

Wilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
40,858 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by Wilt. (7 edits in all)

Jul 18, 2017 08:37 |  #13

teekay wrote in post #18404540 (external link)
Er...excuse me for asking , but what is the point of this poll? Seems to me that with so few responses that nobody really cares.

Well, two years ago, 'a lot' of folks cared (200 voters and 3300 views). In view of a number of new RAW convertors added to the mix since then, and in view of the still-asked 'what RAW convertor' (about three new threads about selection/switching in the two weeks since this thread was first added) the point was to help folks know the predominance of RAW conversion software used, this time with information correlated to the one selected by the majority of owners of the same-brand camera as they own.

NinetyEight
"Banned for life"
3,191 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by NinetyEight.

Jul 18, 2017 09:12 as a reply to  @ Wilt's post |  #14

"Finally, the expected Nikon shooters show up!"

Err, that was probably me :-) (Nikon D810) I also voted the 'Other Brand camera + RAW' for my Fuji X-Pro2.

Kev

Wilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
40,858 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Aug 25, 2017 14:51 |  #15

bumping this, to get poll visibility among newer readers....

sponsored links

4,496 views & 1 like for this thread
Camera and RAW convertor
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.