Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 13 Jul 2017 (Thursday) 18:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I want to return it but do I have to???

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 13, 2017 18:00 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

This is about Ebay. What happens if you and the seller agreed to cancel your orders because they can't meet the delivery schedule such as the item was never in the US location but they promised you expedited shipping but the package was never picked up...even way pass the Ebay expected delivery date. Yeah, I just got a package from the seller. 5 days late. And the package was only picked up on 7/11. Label was printed out on 6/29. This was supposed to be expedited shipping too. I could just return it. Do I have to......????

One Imaging Photography (external link) and my Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
pat.kane
691 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 13, 2017 18:25 |  #2

Yes, you have to return it, but you can and should ask the seller for a return label.

Best thing is to start a dispute in the eBay system as that will guarantee you're refunded and reimbursed for the shipping.

1Dx Mk II, 5D4 and some L glass (gear list / feedback)
http://MaxPreps.DMVpix​.com (external link)
http://www.DMVpix.com (external link)

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 13, 2017 18:32 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

pat.kane wrote in post #18401423 (external link)
Yes, you have to return it, but you can and should ask the seller for a return label.

Best thing is to start a dispute in the eBay system as that will guarantee you're refunded and reimbursed for the shipping.

Is already refunded and the order was cancelled on the 6th. I was supposed to get it, the last day, 7/8. Somehow, the package was finally picked up on the 11th and just got it today. My ebay summary no longer listed the item as my purchase anymore..... I can ask the seller that I have their cancelled package and would want to return it. I was a bit upset that they claimed the item was in the US, CA but in fact it was not. They listed the item as being shipped with expedited shipping but in fact was not. Do you call it an expedited shipping if your order arrived a year later but it only took 2 days to get to you???? Hehehehe.....

Facebook (external link)

pat.kane
691 posts
Joined May 2005

Jul 13, 2017 19:32 as a reply to  @ TooManyShots's post |  #4

OK, I understood it as "going to cancel" not already canceled. I'm surprised the seller did that without having their package back. Sounds like they're not very organized anyway.

There is no guide, other than your moral compass, on what to do now as the order was cancelled on eBay and they're no longer party to the transaction.

Years ago I bought a pants press on eBay and a motorcycle seat arrived instead. I checked and the seller sold two items at the same time with both boxes being about the same size and weight. He simply got confused. He sent prepaid shipping labels to both of us and I mailed the seat to the other guy, but he didn't mail the pants press to me. Needless to say I got my money back. About 3 months later, a box arrives in the mail with the pants press. I contacted the seller and we agreed on a price and I paid him for it.

1Dx Mk II, 5D4 and some L glass (gear list / feedback)
http://MaxPreps.DMVpix​.com (external link)
http://www.DMVpix.com (external link)

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 13, 2017 19:51 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

pat.kane wrote in post #18401468 (external link)
OK, I understood it as "going to cancel" not already canceled. I'm surprised the seller did that without having their package back. Sounds like they're not very organized anyway.

There is no guide, other than your moral compass, on what to do now as the order was cancelled on eBay and they're no longer party to the transaction.

Years ago I bought a pants press on eBay and a motorcycle seat arrived instead. I checked and the seller sold two items at the same time with both boxes being about the same size and weight. He simply got confused. He sent prepaid shipping labels to both of us and I mailed the seat to the other guy, but he didn't mail the pants press to me. Needless to say I got my money back. About 3 months later, a box arrives in the mail with the pants press. I contacted the seller and we agreed on a price and I paid him for it.

Is not the first time either. Sadly, it has to do with oversea sellers with some ridiculous shipping time and delay and not in accordance to the Ebay shipping and delivery date estimates. In one case, the items arrived 3 weeks later. Unfortunately, it turned out they sent me the wrong items and I have no use for them. Some 3D filaments I ordered from an oversea seller. Wrong size and wrong materials. Is a wash-wash situation. Fortunately, Ebay refunded me already. It would have been a nightmare to return these items to the seller. I am growing tired of ordering stuff on ebay lately. Items in NJ would take 5 days to get delivered in NYC. :( Some sellers are using DHL E commence instead of your USPS First Class package delivery.

Yeah...I am going to drop off the package to the post office tomorrow or Sat or Monday and to mark it as Return to Sender. Will email the seller about sending the package back to him.

Facebook (external link)

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 25, 2017 14:02 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

Here is an update. Is funny as hell. I got the package to return to sender last week. It finally arrived to the local post office but the address has moved. LOL... Apparently, this vendor is using their old, even a fake, return address. I have already let them know the package was going back to them though.

Right now, it is sitting in the local post office. It does not appear anyone is claiming it too and the vendor knows full well the package is sitting in the local post office as well. :rolleyes::rolleyes: This looks like more and more an oversea vendor using a fake or old US address to lure people to buy from them.

In case you wonder, I ordered a Meika grip for my D7200 from this vendor. It turns out my current Neweer grip is much better...it resembles to the Nikon version with 2 smaller wheels to lock it. The Mekia grip uses a single wheel of which I never like. They tend to become misaligned and could no longer grip the gear to turn.

Facebook (external link)

Nathan
So boring
7,735 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007
Post edited over 2 years ago by Nathan. (2 edits in all)

Jul 25, 2017 15:15 |  #7

Karma's going to bite me or I'm going straight to hell. I changed my mind after paying for an eBay purchase and asked the seller to cancel and refund. The seller was fine with that. A week later, the item arrived anyway and I never returned it. On Wayfair, my wife ordered a chair and it was 2 weeks lost in delivery. We contacted Wayfair and a new chair was shipped out. We tracked the replacement carefully and it arrived exactly as expected. A month later, the first one was left in our driveway. We kept both.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

Robertk2012
128 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 25, 2017 23:59 as a reply to  @ Nathan's post |  #8

I canceled a 60" tv from amazon a few years ago and it was refunded. The delivery company called everyday for 2 weeks to deliver it. After 2 weeks of telling them we canceled the order I just went and picked it up. Amazon never asked about the tv.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,113 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 2 years ago by TeamSpeed.

Jul 26, 2017 05:56 |  #9

My rule on this, if the seller messed up, is to contact them about it. If they don't respond, or mess up the return, or cause me undue work and expense, then my work is done on the matter. I think this satisfies my moral compassion. E-commerce is easy, so I feel that if they made a mistake and I notify them, the return should be as easy as the purchase.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 26, 2017 17:17 |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

Sigh...dealing with another cheap ass seller who used USPS media mail to ship out my package from NJ. Tracking has no updates since the 20th. Don't know if he dropped off the package or not. He didn't really say and sounded as if USPS was at fault. Oh well, expecting to file another refund claim with Ebay this weekend. I am supposed to receive it tomorrow. Probably would wait until Monday to escalate it. I hope he didn't really ship it out though...because I may just get another free stuff. :)

Facebook (external link)

davesrose
Title Fairy still hasn't visited me!
3,796 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 26, 2017 19:11 as a reply to  @ TooManyShots's post |  #11

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for....especially if it's coming from Brooklyn or NJ;-)a Those low cost deals coming from NY or NJ on Ebay are usually "storefronts" that have small run down office fronts that get their inventory from sourcing different warehouses. As such deliveries can be very slow. They also change their name and location from time to time. If I'm looking for a better deal, I'll look for white boxes, grey market, etc on B&H or name brand through Canon Price Watch street price (there's a Nikon Price Watch too).

Canon 5D mk IV
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 26, 2017 19:15 |  #12
bannedPermanent ban

davesrose wrote in post #18412083 (external link)
Unfortunately, you get what you pay for....especially if it's coming from Brooklyn or NJ;-)a Those low cost deals coming from NY or NJ on Ebay are usually "storefronts" that have small run down office fronts that get their inventory from sourcing different warehouses. As such deliveries can be very slow. They also change their name and location from time to time. If I'm looking for a better deal, I'll look for white boxes, grey market, etc on B&H or name brand through Canon Price Watch street price (there's a Nikon Price Watch too).

This time..is some 3doodler kit for my niece. He said he dropped it off with the rest of other 24 orders. He would offer a refund. I told him I would wait until Sat.

Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

2,068 views & 2 likes for this thread
I want to return it but do I have to???
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.