Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

eriet30
Goldmember
2,249 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 24, 2017 23:27 as a reply to  @ post 18436379 |  #3916

That and we had a cabin practically in the park!!!!

"Vision is the art of seeing that which is invisible"
http:// … flickr (external link) www.paulvanderveen.net (external link)

A9 / A7rII /A6000IR -CV10, Loxia 21, Tam 28-75, FE90, FE 100-400GM, Rok 8mm Fish
Legacy Glass: Canon FD 55 1.2 / Jupiter 9 85mm 1.4 / Viv S1 90 2.5 macro

sponsored links
eriet30
Goldmember
2,249 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 24, 2017 23:29 |  #3917

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18436374 (external link)
Love the moose shot, I dream of shots like that!

I have more moose on the flickr. We were hoping for some grizzly.... The rangers said they were all over the place

"Vision is the art of seeing that which is invisible"
http:// … flickr (external link) www.paulvanderveen.net (external link)

A9 / A7rII /A6000IR -CV10, Loxia 21, Tam 28-75, FE90, FE 100-400GM, Rok 8mm Fish
Legacy Glass: Canon FD 55 1.2 / Jupiter 9 85mm 1.4 / Viv S1 90 2.5 macro

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,629 posts
Gallery: 173 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 24, 2017 23:39 |  #3918

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18436378 (external link)
Way harder to pull this shot off then many would imagine.

Thanks. That is a six image stack to get most of the screw in focus.

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,707 posts
Gallery: 439 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010
Post edited over 1 year ago by vinmunoz.

Aug 24, 2017 23:48 |  #3919

a model coming up next.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
16,887 posts
Gallery: 1684 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Jul 2013

Aug 25, 2017 00:35 |  #3920

vinmunoz wrote in post #18436380 (external link)
i'll take that advise. I don't want you to be alone on the RIII. lol

I'm even considering selling the RII now while the value is still not worst and keep the money 'til the RIII is out. I have the A6000 for the mean time anyway. what do you think? I can smell the RIII now that the Nikon 850 got announced.

Smart Vinz. I'd like to think I sold off a lot of dinosaur DSLRs before the loss.
When I think of the Nikon 850 I have to think Sony had it beat over 1.5 years ago with the a99ii.
For me with a9 I don't see a need for the A7Riii---what will change over the A7Rii? Frame rate? MPX? For the little
landscaping I do 42MPX is enough.
What I want is an updated APS-C body more A7 style with an extra dial and two slots.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,707 posts
Gallery: 439 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 25, 2017 00:54 |  #3921

the RII is really a fantastic camera but we have to admit it's still lacking a few things to become a legit workhorse like the dual card slot, the joystick, at least 8fps and the sloppy writing. Those 4 plus the improved eye auto focus from the A9. I like the AA filter too. Moire' is a nightmare and cannot be fixed. I don't care about the MP too.

Oh wait, that sounds like an A9R.. lol.... i don't know what Sony will do to upgrade the RII without hurting the A9 market. What's your guess?

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
16,887 posts
Gallery: 1684 photos
Joined Jul 2013

Aug 25, 2017 04:52 as a reply to  @ vinmunoz's post |  #3922

Well what about the a9ii.
We know Sony can move lots of data---look at the a99ii=42mpx as 12fps.
Maybe the a9ii will up the mpx to 42, i.e. the A7Rii sensor with a new add on chip
giving 20fps, wouldn't that be a hoot!

I do think when we see the a9r the a7 series bodies will all die off, e.g. all future
bodies will be based off the a9 and have the joystick, the dual slots, etc.

Well I told you what I want in their next aps-c body, what I really want is an RX10 iv that
incorporates the RX100v's sensor and AF. That would be THE wildlife rig if it could also
have the a6500's buffer capacity. I think all of the RX10 series had a good degree of
weather sealing, so if it also had two slots it would be a D500 killer in my book.
Sensor size too small? I don't think so. I know I've put up this link before, it's Poof's work
with the Oly M1ii, look what she can do with BIF and the mFT sensor-
https://www.flickr.com …5252980734/in/d​ateposted/ (external link)

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
12,449 posts
Gallery: 581 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 25, 2017 06:00 |  #3923

Genuinely never had an issue with Moire on the a7rii, in act never even noticed it in an image. I'm in a different camp at the moment. As opposed to wanting an a9 I'm actually thinking of selling my a7rii and buying a brand new one. Nothing wrong with the one I've got but more for piece of mind that I have a brand new camera again. I've got a few scuffs on the body etc which I will detail in the listing if I go down that route

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
RX1R II | α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket
Voigtlander 15 | Loxia 21 | Batis 25 | Voigtlander 40 | Batis 85

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,962 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 25, 2017 06:22 |  #3924

xpfloyd wrote in post #18436491 (external link)
Genuinely never had an issue with Moire on the a7rii, in act never even noticed it in an image. I'm in a different camp at the moment. As opposed to wanting an a9 I'm actually thinking of selling my a7rii and buying a brand new one. Nothing wrong with the one I've got but more for piece of mind that I have a brand new camera again. I've got a few scuffs on the body etc which I will detail in the listing if I go down that route

Interestingly, I've experienced several bad run-ins with moire recently; mostly with brick buildings.

It's been frustrating enough for me lately that I've had a change of heart about aa filters: I think I prefer having them. Having used both a 5DS and a 5DS R it's clear that the loss of image detail is barely perceptible and the the slight softness is easily countered with sharpening. But, on the whole, it's a really minor issue. I too regard my a7R II as near-ideal, and other cameras have almost no apeal to me.

Oddly ennough, the only camera that's remotely caught my interest of late is the Olympus E-M1 II...hadn't even looked at m4/3 cameras lately till MedicineMan referenced it, but that camera really impresses me. It passed my mind to skip the FE 100-400mm GM and go with the E-M1 II + Leica 100-400mm (200-800mm equivalent) instead, but, unfortunately, it's too expensive for me. Amazing how expensive the best m4/3 bodies and lenses are!

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, FE 50mm ZA, Batis 85mm

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,572 posts
Gallery: 358 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 25, 2017 06:46 |  #3925

David Arbogast wrote in post #18436304 (external link)
The a9 is all the camera anyone will ever need...............unt​il the $6000 a9 II is released.

the a9 is a monster for sure...it was fun to shoot with it this week on the beach...I love the joystick, but have to get used to having it again...but I am really looking forward to using it for racing soon...a lot of my work will still go to the A7R2...

DTBaan wrote in post #18436369 (external link)
omg the pain ><

I know...not sure I want to know how much Sony will want to fix it...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,842 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Aug 25, 2017 06:49 |  #3926

A7sii sold already someone took the buy it now option , not even up 12 hours.. makrs me think i undersold myself :-|:oops:
:lol:what ever .. its sold.

I got a couple of Cameras and lenses ...Canon, Sony, Fuji, Pansonic, pentax
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)
My latest YT video -->https://youtu.be/YzJ1o​eiHm7Y (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,572 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 25, 2017 06:54 |  #3927

Hey David/Alfredo...would you two be interested in a sunset meetup at Jackson Street Bridge this Sunday evening...I can't get away the rest of the weekend, my wife is out of town so I am spending the weekend chasing the rugrat around...but if you guys wanted to get together and shoot while Alfredo is still in town, Sunday would be my best chance...I am on the road most of next week...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,962 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
Post edited over 1 year ago by David Arbogast. (2 edits in all)

Aug 25, 2017 07:09 |  #3928

TRhoads wrote in post #18436517 (external link)
Hey David/Alfredo...would you two be interested in a sunset meetup at Jackson Street Bridge this Sunday evening...I can't get away the rest of the weekend, my wife is out of town so I am spending the weekend chasing the rugrat around...but if you guys wanted to get together and shoot while Alfredo is still in town, Sunday would be my best chance...I am on the road most of next week...

Unfortunately I'll be in Anniston, AL on Sunday for my dad's bday. Alfredo and I are planning to shoot tomorrow.

BTW, the ATL forecast for Sunday looking pretty cloudy, so there may not be much of a sunset (hope that's wrong). If that's the case, then a LE blue hour city lights shot could still be really nice.

Got any downtown shot location recommendations for Alfredo and me? I've done a little shooting downtown ATL, but not enough to develop any familiarity...going to be the blind leading the blind. :)

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, FE 50mm ZA, Batis 85mm

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,572 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 25, 2017 07:30 |  #3929

David Arbogast wrote in post #18436519 (external link)
Unfortunately I'll be in Anniston, AL on Sunday for my dad's bday. Alfredo and I are planning to shoot tomorrow.

BTW, the ATL forecast for Sunday looking pretty cloudy, so there may not be much of a sunset (hope that's wrong). If that's the case, then a LE blue hour city lights shot could still be really nice.

Got any downtown shot location recommendations for Alfredo and me? I've done a little shooting downtown ATL, but not enough to develop any familiarity...going to be the blind leading the blind. :)

I wish I could join you tomorrow...but can't make that work.

As for where, I always like to walk up and down Peachtree, the Suntrust Plaza is a great spot, with comps high and low. (303 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308) I would avoid Pemberton place, if you want to get out a tripod...they don't like them, and don't allow them...

invi2003
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Gallery: 437 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 25, 2017 07:36 |  #3930

David Arbogast wrote in post #18436357 (external link)
Having some experimentation fun with the CV 12 sunstars this evening.

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

love these Shots David.

sponsored links

1,549,345 views & 53,073 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.