Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,712 posts
Gallery: 439 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 03, 2017 00:50 |  #5236

My new little gadget. Yes, it's the Lumu Power light meter. Tested with my strobes and i thought it's spot on. There's no exposure adjustment on that sample image. Color measurement is also accurate but only for ambient light.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

sponsored links
davidfarina
Goldmember
3,357 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2013

Oct 03, 2017 05:35 |  #5237

digital_AM wrote in post #18463159 (external link)
Great view MM!

---------------

"Sovereign"

Loxia 85mm:

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/XUq9​SJ  (external link) 20170820-exploring-Atlanta-29-Edit-Edit-Edit-copy-proc-web-1280px (external link) by Alfredo Mora (external link), on Flickr

Wow once again Alfredo. Youre keep getting better and better with the tones! Composition always spot on.

Sony A7RII | Sony A7S
EF 40 | EF 70-300L | FD 35 Tilt-Shift
FE 16-35 | FE 28 | FE 90
CV 15 4.5 III | CV 40 1.4 MC | Summilux 50 ASPH
Website (external link) | 500px (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,579 posts
Gallery: 359 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 03, 2017 07:52 |  #5238

digital_AM wrote in post #18464944 (external link)
Thanks Vinz. Funny you mention RE photography. I landed two jobs with an architect firm in town. They found my work on Instagram and reached out to me. One is a residence that they renovated and another is a church that they expanded. Around the same time I received another bid for two commercial buildings but I haven't heard yet if my proposal was accepted. I don't mind shooting RE but it needs to be with the right client, no churn and burn jobs for me for $100.

I consider architectural portfolio work something else entirely, and is what I do some of...and will be doing more of. The budgets are higher, as the quality of images expected is higher.

vinmunoz wrote in post #18464980 (external link)
i'm not going to market it but it's nice to know for myself that i'm ready to dive in whenever there's an opportunity especially for high-end properties.

the last property i did the owner paid me $400. It's not sold yet but she did a lot of renovations and told me she will hire me again when it's done. that's why i'm learning more.

Yeah, $400 for a house is not bad, RE is a lot less than that! And they seem to want it within 24-48 hours.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

invi2003
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Gallery: 437 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 03, 2017 08:06 |  #5239

digital_AM wrote in post #18464977 (external link)
"Tree House"

This image really tested me with regards to white balance. I had to some find balance between the yellow hues and magenta in the walkway around the Riverwalk. I'll admit it's a bit more "dramatic" than my normal style but I thought the red brick building next to the large Cypress tree looked so interesting.

Loxia 21:

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/YFWb​5E  (external link) 20170816-downtown-SATX-vertical-pano-18-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-copy-proc-web1280px (external link) by Alfredo Mora (external link), on Flickr

Amazing

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,226 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2017 09:46 |  #5240

David Arbogast wrote in post #18464996 (external link)
Awesome Alfedo. Total storybook. Wonderful.

Thanks David! Yeah I love that huge vine growing on the left side of the building. I need to research the history of the building.

davidfarina wrote in post #18465093 (external link)
Wow once again Alfredo. Youre keep getting better and better with the tones! Composition always spot on.

Thank you so much David! These LE B&W images take some to time to process but I do love working on them.

invi2003 wrote in post #18465158 (external link)
Amazing

Thank you!

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,226 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2017 09:48 |  #5241

TRhoads wrote in post #18465155 (external link)
I consider architectural portfolio work something else entirely, and is what I do some of...and will be doing more of. The budgets are higher, as the quality of images expected is higher.

Yeah, $400 for a house is not bad, RE is a lot less than that! And they seem to want it within 24-48 hours.

Agree with you Travis. I'm hoping these next two jobs with the architect firm work out well enough that they will sign me up for more projects. This is the firm's website:

https://www.fisherheck​.com/ (external link)

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,226 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2017 12:55 |  #5242

I think I'm pretty done with On1. They are coming out with the RAW 2018 version and it's another $80 to upgrade. vmad RAW 2017 is ok but it had many issues when it was released. I don't really use it that often anyway. I think I'll just stick with LR, PS, and Nik. I also have Aurora 2018 and Photomatix for blending exposures. I'm still not quite sold on Aurora 2018. I'm seeing too many artifacts when processing my images with it.

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,579 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 03, 2017 13:17 |  #5243

digital_AM wrote in post #18465303 (external link)
I think I'm pretty done with On1. They are coming out with the RAW 2018 version and it's another $80 to upgrade. vmad RAW 2017 is ok but it had many issues when it was released. I don't really use it that often anyway. I think I'll just stick with LR, PS, and Nik. I also have Aurora 2018 and Photomatix for blending exposures. I'm still not quite sold on Aurora 2018. I'm seeing too many artifacts when processing my images with it.

I have not liked anything about ON1...I am still wrestling with the idea of switching to CaptureOne...my LR crashes ALL. THE. TIME....and it is so infuriating...sometime​s it remembers what I had done...others, like last night...it forgot about the tags and labels I put on the first of 500 images I am sorting through from a 2000 image shoot...vmad

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,966 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 03, 2017 13:27 |  #5244

digital_AM wrote in post #18465303 (external link)

I sent macphun a refund request for my Aurora HDR 2018 license purchase. I haven't liked anything I've done with the program, and frankly haven't been wowed by the colors/tones of anyone elses Aurora-processed imagery.

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, FE 50mm ZA, Batis 85mm

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,226 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2017 13:33 |  #5245

TRhoads wrote in post #18465321 (external link)
I have not liked anything about ON1...I am still wrestling with the idea of switching to CaptureOne...my LR crashes ALL. THE. TIME....and it is so infuriating...sometime​s it remembers what I had done...others, like last night...it forgot about the tags and labels I put on the first of 500 images I am sorting through from a 2000 image shoot...vmad

Sorry to hear about your LR issues. Is your cache on a separate SSD? I have over 20K images in my catalog and have not had crashes. It is a bit slow switching to Develop and scrolling through images. CR looks excellent. I wish it had the same LR cataloging features and an easier to use UI.

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,226 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2017 13:34 |  #5246

David Arbogast wrote in post #18465328 (external link)
I sent macphun a refund request for my Aurora HDR 2018 license purchase. I haven't liked anything I've done with the program, and frankly haven't been wowed by the colors/tones of anyone elses Aurora-processed imagery.

David, I'm just about there too regarding requesting a refund. Isn't it sad that the hype didn't meet our expectations?

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,226 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2017 13:37 |  #5247

TRhoads wrote in post #18464420 (external link)
From back in July...can't wait to go back in a couple weeks for fall color, won't be on Clingmans, it is going to peak in the next week or so...
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Z4jU​3i  (external link) Golden Light Through Fog (external link) by Travis Rhoads (external link), on Flickr

Travis, really awesome atmosphere and mood in this shot. Well done.

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,226 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2017 13:41 |  #5248

mystik610 wrote in post #18464192 (external link)
Anyone else running the latest photoshop CC on OSX High Sierra having trouble with color FX? PS crashes while rendering.

I hope we haven't reached the end of the line with Google Nik

Carlo, were you able to resolve this issue?

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,579 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 03, 2017 13:45 |  #5249

digital_AM wrote in post #18465332 (external link)
Sorry to hear about your LR issues. Is your cache on a separate SSD? I have over 20K images in my catalog and have not had crashes. It is a bit slow switching to Develop and scrolling through images. CR looks excellent. I wish it had the same LR cataloging features and an easier to use UI.

I do not have it on a stand alone SSD, maybe I should...probably in need of a new machine and that idea is daunting...I think my catalog at last check is close to 75K images from the last 10 years...

digital_AM wrote in post #18465337 (external link)
Travis, really awesome atmosphere and mood in this shot. Well done.

Thanks!

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
7,226 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2017 13:56 |  #5250

TRhoads wrote in post #18465343 (external link)
I do not have it on a stand alone SSD, maybe I should...probably in need of a new machine and that idea is daunting...I think my catalog at last check is close to 75K images from the last 10 years...

Thanks!

Yes, when you get your desktop, add an SSD for your OS/apps and another for scratch space for LR and PS. It really helps. I hope Adobe fixes LR to improve its performance. It is not optimized to take full advantage of the GPU or memory.

sponsored links

1,561,999 views & 53,219 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.