Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 08 May 2006 (Monday) 18:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where's Nifty?! #2

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,519 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 19, 2017 23:53 as a reply to  @ post 18476093 |  #12766

** I have put a link to the "List" for hosting in my signature. I cannot edit the first page of this thread as it was started by someone else. I think keeping everything within POTN is the best way to handle this soooo, let's see how this works out. /**[/SIZE]

(The Netherlands) MPCman will not be able to host at this time, and asked to be removed from the list of hosts.
Done Patrick..

* Though, this doesn't seem to alter the fact that people tend to forget to send Nifty on and tend to post very little... with some exceptions! To sign up to be a host, please copy the list completely, add your name to the bottom of the sub-list that is in your area of the world, paste the entire list into a new post with your name added.

USA Nifty:
(RI) Archer1960 (In Possession)
(California) Timphoto (In Possession-STM50)
(Texas) Itsallart (Renata)
(MI) Blake C
(Georgia) CameraMan
(Buffalo, NY) KenjiS
(Riverview, FL) saea501 (Bob)

Euro Nifty:
(UK) BambersImages (in possession)

Adorama Nifty - Canadians:
(AB) Photorider (in possession)

DUPAN Nifty: Another Nifty passed on to the big camera in the sky. Replacement EF50 1.8 STM donated by Progear.co.nz Standard versions no longer available in New Zealand. Bk2Life was the last host. He had no one to send it to and took it with him to the USA

joayne Contribute to POTN | Where's Nifty?! #2 |Nifty Sign Up List| Worldwide Photo Week

sponsored links
joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,519 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 19, 2017 23:56 |  #12767

Renata, let's give Tim some more time.. Shipping might be difficult at this time..
Also, he might be able to give us some views of NoCal that could be interesting.

joayne Contribute to POTN | Where's Nifty?! #2 |Nifty Sign Up List| Worldwide Photo Week

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,762 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 19, 2017 23:57 |  #12768

itsallart wrote in post #18476451 (external link)
If Tim is ready to ship it to me, I'll be happy to take it to places I didn't have a chance last time.

I've got a couple of places I want to shoot this week end, and plan to ship it to you sometime next week.

Tim

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,762 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 20, 2017 00:17 |  #12769

joayne wrote in post #18476516 (external link)
Renata, let's give Tim some more time.. Shipping might be difficult at this time..
Also, he might be able to give us some views of NoCal that could be interesting.

Actually I'm off to Reno, Nevada next Thursday for some business and was planning to ship Nifty before I leave.

Has Nifty ever been to Reno? Maybe I should take him along.

Tim

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,519 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 20, 2017 00:38 |  #12770

Yes, Please Tim.. Take Nifty to Reno!  :p

joeseph
"smells like turd"
9,467 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Oct 20, 2017 01:45 |  #12771

Patrick_E wrote in post #18476267 (external link)
I'm still having medical issues and will not be able to host.

Could someone could please take me off the list. I will add myself to the list once I'm past my medical issues.

Thanks,

Pat

that doesn't sound like fun - hope you get well soon...

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

BambersImages
Cream of the Crop
8,316 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 20, 2017 15:03 |  #12772

Patrick_E wrote in post #18476267 (external link)
I'm still having medical issues and will not be able to host.

Could someone could please take me off the list. I will add myself to the list once I'm past my medical issues.

Thanks,

Pat

Hope you're feeling better soon, Pat. :)

BambersImages
Cream of the Crop
8,316 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 20, 2017 15:04 |  #12773

Timphoto wrote in post #18476522 (external link)
Actually I'm off to Reno, Nevada next Thursday for some business and was planning to ship Nifty before I leave.

Has Nifty ever been to Reno? Maybe I should take him along.

Reno sounds great!

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,318 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 20, 2017 21:02 |  #12774

Haven't been to Reno in YEARS. Would love to see some photos from there with the Nifty.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,762 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 21, 2017 16:25 |  #12775

On a grocery run into town...a new sign popped up overnight.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

The MP's from Long Beach were still on duty screening traffic at the intersection.

HOSTED PHOTO

Even though last night's rain washed some of the ash away, you can see the burned areas on the hillside above the vineyards.

Tim

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,762 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 21, 2017 16:27 |  #12776

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Tim

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,762 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 21, 2017 17:10 |  #12777

On the return trip home from the grocery store there was a line of cars waiting to go up to the ridge where more than 70 homes burned early Sunday morning October 9th. Today was the 1st day these home owners could go into the evacuation zone to see what was left of their houses and property. Everyone has to show ID and proof they of where they live(d). To prevent looting, everyone is checked in and out of the evacuation zone. Under the canopies, the National Guard troops issue HazMat suits and related safety items so the homeowners can safely sift through the remains of their property.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like for these folks. Most already know their homes are destroyed from sources like the Calfire Structure map which details the locations of the destroyed and damaged homes and structures. More than 50 of my former co-workers at the college lost their homes. My wife and I feel incredibly fortunate. The fire was closing in on our property from 3 sides, but was stopped by brave fire fighters and air tanker drops.

At this point I am not inclined to take, or post, any more images about the fire. It doesn't seem right when so many folks are hurting. My wife and I are using our good fortune to help others less fortunate by volunteering and providing a room for a nurse whose home was destroyed while she was on duty at a local hospital.

I won't have time for further Nifty adventures and he will be shipped out on Monday. I promise to take Nifty to Reno the next time he comes to visit.

Tim

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,762 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 21, 2017 17:26 |  #12778

joayne wrote in post #18476515 (external link)
** I have put a link to the "List" for hosting in my signature. I cannot edit the first page of this thread as it was started by someone else. I think keeping everything within POTN is the best way to handle this soooo, let's see how this works out. /**[/SIZE]

(The Netherlands) MPCman will not be able to host at this time, and asked to be removed from the list of hosts.
Done Patrick..

* Though, this doesn't seem to alter the fact that people tend to forget to send Nifty on and tend to post very little... with some exceptions! To sign up to be a host, please copy the list completely, add your name to the bottom of the sub-list that is in your area of the world, paste the entire list into a new post with your name added.

USA Nifty:
(RI) Archer1960 (In Possession)
(California) Timphoto (In Possession-STM50)
(Texas) Itsallart (Renata)
(MI) Blake C
(Georgia) CameraMan
(Buffalo, NY) KenjiS
(Riverview, FL) saea501 (Bob)

Euro Nifty:
(UK) BambersImages (in possession)

Adorama Nifty - Canadians:
(AB) Photorider (in possession)

DUPAN Nifty: Another Nifty passed on to the big camera in the sky. Replacement EF50 1.8 STM donated by Progear.co.nz Standard versions no longer available in New Zealand. Bk2Life was the last host. He had no one to send it to and took it with him to the USA

joayne,

Next week after I verify Nifty is on his way to Texas, please add me to the list again after (Riverview, FL) saea501 (Bob)

Thanks!

Tim

Tim

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,519 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 21, 2017 18:54 |  #12779

Sure Tim.. Thanks for a wonderful and then frightening adventure of the Northern California area!
So glad that you and your family, including animals are safe.

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
6,969 posts
Gallery: 452 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015
Post edited 9 months ago by itsallart.

Oct 21, 2017 21:03 as a reply to  @ Timphoto's post |  #12780

Reading and seeing the story about the burnt area, I found it hard to click the LIKE button. I'm glad that you are safe and sound, though, Tim.
Thanks for documenting the events of the dreadful fire aftermath!

Looking forward to hosting Nifty again.
I will be going to the far North East corner of Texas at the beginning of the month for a live wedding painting and would be more than happy to document that area and my own activities. I will have an accommodation overnight in a town called Clarksville, TX, so Nifty will be out shooting that.
Next is a trip to Austin, the capitol of Texas where I'll be doing another live wedding painting at the Bullock State Museum and possibly do some limited shooting after the wedding in downtown Austin!

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
Facebook (external link) 500px (external link)
Live Event Painting (external link)

sponsored links

1,276,751 views & 4,900 likes for this thread
Where's Nifty?! #2
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.