Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 08 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 21:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best online classes...

chunchma
223 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 08, 2017 21:32 |  #1

For everything from lighting to the ins and outs of a camera

sponsored links
rwmson
341 posts
Gallery: 80 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 09, 2017 06:45 |  #2

Lynda.com and Scott Kelby's site have a lot of very professional videos. They aren't free.

yeah, I gots some stuff.

silvermesa1
118 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Nov 09, 2017 07:38 |  #3

A local photography professional recommended to me John Gringo on Creative Live for a video on how to use the D810. He has many other camera model classes as well. In my opinion it was excellent advice and well worth the money! Note, that Creative Live will run sales as well.

After starting with the above, I then purchased a couple of the Lindsay Adler "Posing" and "Portrait" how to videos on Creative Live and they are very good as well. No regrets.

DetPenguin
32 posts
Joined Nov 2017

Nov 09, 2017 14:11 |  #4

Another vote for Lynda.com. It's a plethora of photographers with a variety of experience.

tdlavigne
329 posts
Joined Mar 2015

Nov 09, 2017 17:45 |  #5

Youtube

Capn ­ Jack
Goldmember
1,492 posts
Gallery: 690 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 09, 2017 19:37 |  #6

Our city libraries provide access to lynda.com for "free" (Yeah, I know my taxes paid for it). Check if your local library has it as part of their on-line resources.

inwardphoto
148 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Nov 23, 2017 05:50 |  #7

Ive been using Creative Live. Has lots, of offerings in different areas. Frequent sales and you get to Keep the videos. I found I wasnt getting my money's worth in Kelby One.

silvermesa1
118 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Nov 28, 2017 18:02 |  #8

It seems there are two types of sales methods for training. Creative Live you purchase the product and you can go back and look at it anytime. Others you have a monthly subscription. I assume if you quit the monthly subscription you can't go back and review.

Do any other users have thoughts on this? I personally just started Creative Live a couple months ago and am not several years into this.

sjnovakovich
156 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 29, 2017 08:55 as a reply to  @ silvermesa1's post |  #9

I did the 80D class on Creative Live and it was really, really, great.

Steve Novakovich
www.SteveNovakovich.co​m (external link)

s1a1om
419 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Jul 2013

Dec 04, 2017 18:41 |  #10

For photoshop, I'd recommend Phlearn

https://phlearn.com/ (external link)

Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

ONE30
I don't have a point!!!
4,204 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 04, 2017 18:45 |  #11

tdlavigne wrote in post #18492970 (external link)
Youtube

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

abhivg
37 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 19, 2017 00:22 |  #12

Strobist for flash lighting, and Youtube obviously

juliusmagno08
20 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Dec 20, 2017 16:01 |  #13

I go youtube and learn from there :)

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
1,247 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Dec 22, 2017 12:45 |  #14

A lot of Lynda tutorials are on YT for nowt! (That's northern UK speak for free or nothing). I also suggest the online webinar courses from Shaw Academy. They're live, and you can ask questions. First course is usually nowt, but you need to find a link. Search Shaw Academy first course free. I did the wedding photography course (bought on a Groupon for £18 as a birthday gift) and loved it. The general 'Photography' course syllable looks good and if I didn't know 95% of what is covered I'd've signed up for that as well. There's also a monthly subscription plan with unlimited courses, so I guess that's what the Creative Live subscription model will be.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,948 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 22, 2017 13:53 |  #15

I have found great value on Brooke Shaden's classes on Creative Live.

These classes help with things like mindset, creative expression, and inspiration, which I find to be more meaningful to my photography than instructional classes that are about the "nuts and bolts" of how to do things. . Her classes focus more on developing the proper introspection, and why to do things.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

sponsored links

6,959 views & 2 likes for this thread
Best online classes...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.