Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 47th TPBM Random Lazy Days (or not) Chat Thread

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,084 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 15, 2017 13:07 |  #2986

gjl711 wrote in post #18497188 (external link)
I just plug my phone into my PC and open the DCIM directory and copy them over, but I'm at work now and do not have access to my home PC.

On XP and Windows 7 I could do that. Since Windows 8 and now 10 it will not allow me that luxury. For awhile I still had an xp computer to move pictures but alas, it's in a pile at work here.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

sponsored links
gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,571 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 15, 2017 14:14 |  #2987

Chet wrote in post #18497211 (external link)
On XP and Windows 7 I could do that. Since Windows 8 and now 10 it will not allow me that luxury. For awhile I still had an xp computer to move pictures but alas, it's in a pile at work here.

I have W10 and it just mounts the phone as an external drive. Just plug it in and open it up. Then it's all drag and drop from there.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Nov 15, 2017 15:13 |  #2988

W10 here and direct transfer photos via cable, no problem.

-JIM-

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,084 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 15, 2017 15:20 |  #2989

They must be doing updates. Yes, it FINALLY sees it as a drive again.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
My Gear List

Mgdh
unscathed.. NOT!
5,701 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Nov 15, 2017 16:44 |  #2990

Hey Jim, good to "see" you.

Chet - good news that the phone appeared back on the list of drives for you to easily access the photos

Mark
So much has changed in our photo-world, and yet basically nothing's changed - It's still the pictures that really matter. David Noton
-- The Gallery (external link) -- The Website (external link) --

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,260 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 15, 2017 18:02 |  #2991

It's pretty easy.... same as you would on a computer. When you choose to upload an image, it asks if you want to use the camera or something out of your library.

Me in my hiding spot last Monday when I was volunteering as a victim in a collapsed building scenario while training with the fire department.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Melody

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,084 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 17, 2017 14:20 |  #2992

So my dad brings their 1dsmk3 studio camera home because it wasn't responding to the computer as they only shoot tethered. They never take the lens off the body and every night it's removed from the tripod, unplugged and put into the company safe. I figured I would check all the contact surfaces and blow/clean them. Taking the lens off and examining the pins I noticed lots of staining to the rear lens element. I wonder if this is typical of a camera that never has the lens separated in years. Have to admit, the sensor itself was spotless. The staining appears permanent.

Cleaning the contacts on the usb fixed the non responsive camera, so it wasn't all bad.

My Gear List

Mgdh
unscathed.. NOT!
5,701 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Nov 17, 2017 14:49 |  #2993

Chet wrote in post #18498639 (external link)
So my dad brings their 1dsmk3 studio camera home because it wasn't responding to the computer as they only shoot tethered. They never take the lens off the body and every night it's removed from the tripod, unplugged and put into the company safe. I figured I would check all the contact surfaces and blow/clean them. Taking the lens off and examining the pins I noticed lots of staining to the rear lens element. I wonder if this is typical of a camera that never has the lens separated in years. Have to admit, the sensor itself was spotless. The staining appears permanent.

Cleaning the contacts on the usb fixed the non responsive camera, so it wasn't all bad.

Cannot answer the question on the lens element Chet, but glad you managed to get the camera talking to the computer again.

Mark
So much has changed in our photo-world, and yet basically nothing's changed - It's still the pictures that really matter. David Noton

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,598 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 17, 2017 22:09 |  #2994

well holy moly, they're all popping out of the woodwork now!

SmugMug (external link)

Mgdh
unscathed.. NOT!
5,701 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Nov 18, 2017 05:53 |  #2995

Good to see you Harm.
Just got back on the forum in the last few weeks and seeing who's around while posting in the competition threads.

Mark

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005
Post edited over 1 year ago by BearLeeAlive.

Nov 19, 2017 21:08 |  #2996

Mgdh wrote in post #18497370 (external link)
Hey Jim, good to "see" you.

Don't make it on here much now that I am a Sony shooter. :)

-JIM-

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,084 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 19, 2017 22:01 |  #2997

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #18500106 (external link)
Don't make it on here much now that I am a Sony shooter. :)

Lots of Sony shooters about. Would love to see some of your stuff and your feelings on the Sony stuff.

My Gear List

gjl711
54,571 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 19, 2017 22:03 |  #2998

Same here. I am ready to replace my aging 5DII and was all set to go with the 6DII but I got to play with one and it does no better than my 5DII so what's the point. I am really interested in the upcoming A7III. Looks like a beast of a camera.

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,084 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 19, 2017 22:05 |  #2999

gjl711 wrote in post #18500127 (external link)
Same here. I am ready to replace my aging 5DII and was all set to go with the 6DII but I got to play with one and it does no better than my 5DII so what's the point. I am really interested in the upcoming A7III. Looks like a beast of a camera.

Amen to that. I was interested in the 6dII as well. But alas Canon takes us for chumps and plays games. Hopefully they start taking this serious soon or there will be an exodus.

My Gear List

gjl711
54,571 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 19, 2017 22:13 |  #3000

BTW, looks like you can get a 6DII for $1699. Price for this camera fell really quick. Special deal but still, a brand new FF camera for $1700
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1489015

sponsored links

170,301 views & 53 likes for this thread
The 47th TPBM Random Lazy Days (or not) Chat Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.