Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Jan 2013 (Sunday) 14:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Fuji Users Unite - Post your comments, questions and images here

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,104 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 24, 2017 09:40 as a reply to  @ post 18503176 |  #6016

I agree. I’d never pay full price. I did find one on eBay, ever so slightly used (looked new), for $150. That price I can swallow. The seller had it listed as the
Ona Bowery.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN | Fuji XF 35mm F/2 for sale

sponsored links
F2Bthere
Goldmember
1,029 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Nov 24, 2017 11:05 |  #6017

MalVeauX wrote in post #18502895 (external link)
Giving thanks with these wild girls

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/DFMq​CL  (external link) DSCF9290bw (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/DFMo​UL  (external link) DSCF9359 (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/DFMp​Sh  (external link) DSCF9354 (external link) by Martin Wise (external link), on Flickr

Very best,

In ten years, you will be so glad you have these and thinking about what they were like at that age. In 20 years, you will all be around a table, laughing together. And, perhaps, in 30 years, looking at them with the next generation.

C&C always welcomed...
On my images, of course, and on my words as well--as long as it's constructive :).
https://www.instagram.​com/storyinpictures_co​m/ (external link)

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
2,924 posts
Gallery: 319 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

Nov 24, 2017 11:08 as a reply to  @ PLLphotography's post |  #6018

I paid full price[Ish] for my leather Bowery, worth every hundreds of euro is was. It's my go everywhere camera bag that looks great when I'm meeting clients and working with my also overpriced Holdfast leather camera strap, in my very overpriced suit and shoes. I had the canvas one first but returned it the next day as it attracted dust faster than a doughnut does Homer.

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T3. 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 50-140/2.8.
Pelican, Ona, ThinkTank, Matthews Grip, Elinchrom

Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,840 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Nov 24, 2017 11:40 |  #6019

Great . A link was posted ... now I want one :-x
:lol:

I got a couple of Cameras and lenses ...Canon, Sony, Fuji, Pansonic, pentax
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)
My latest YT video -->https://youtu.be/YzJ1o​eiHm7Y (external link)

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,104 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 24, 2017 14:46 as a reply to  @ Two Hot Shoes's post |  #6020

Don't get me wrong. I love the Ona Brixton, but when a bag approaches the cost of a lens, I have to take a step back and really think it over. At the price I got mine, I didn’t have to think, but if I was looking for one at regular prices, I’d have to really want it. The sale currently has it around $120 cheaper than normal, so that’s a pretty good sale, but I’d still hink it over...just maybe not as much. ;)

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN | Fuji XF 35mm F/2 for sale

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,104 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 24, 2017 14:51 |  #6021

rantercsr wrote in post #18503259 (external link)
Great . A link was posted ... now I want one :-x
:lol:

Lol. Her s a pic to further tempt you :D

iPad mini 2 takes shitty pics...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

jcothron
Goldmember
2,844 posts
Gallery: 314 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 24, 2017 15:32 |  #6022

Speaking of bags, what is everyone using for their Fuji kit? I just got a x-t2 and I'm thinking either a Domke F5xb, but I believe Think Tank has a bag similiar to that as well. I'm probably going to carry the body, and maybe 2-3 lenses max one of which will be on the body.

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
13,002 posts
Gallery: 1460 photos
Joined Feb 2013
Post edited over 1 year ago by MalVeauX.

Nov 24, 2017 15:53 |  #6023

I'm of course eyeballing a new bag, looking at a messenger style as I already have a backpack. But for now I think I'll just use a Lowepro Flipside 400 AW backpack. It will fit the entire kit, flash and a 2nd camera at these Fuji sizes with room to spare. It doubles to hold my 1D with 150-600 or 300L attached if I wanted to go that route.

But I'm of course thinking of a nice leather messenger bag for the Fuji kit. Those Ona are nice. But way too costly.

For the $100~150 range, I'm really starting to consider the ThinkTank Retrospective Leather 30 (external link) (the 5 & 7 are also on Amazon for $150 or less)

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
5,985 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2013

Nov 24, 2017 15:54 as a reply to  @ jcothron's post |  #6024

Tenba Messenger DNA 11. It fits my X-t2, X-Pro2 (both with lenses attached), 50-140 and a flash. Room for even more. This is the best bag I’ve ever owned. Oozes quality.

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - Laowa 9mm - 18-55 - 23/35/50/90 f2 WR - 50-140 - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

jcothron
Goldmember
2,844 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by jcothron.

Nov 24, 2017 16:00 |  #6025

Those are two I haven't looked at I will have to check them out. I also just looked at a Peak Design Sling (5L) that supposedly works real well for the Fuji kit according to the reviews I read. I have far more bags than I need (anyone want to buy a Billingham 445?) I'm trying to keep this system (and bag) relatively inexpensive and small. ONA is nice, but I don't want to invest that in it.

The Peak Design: https://www.peakdesign​.com/product/bags/ever​yday-sling-5 (external link)

John

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,840 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Nov 24, 2017 16:10 |  #6026

Seems like everytime i thi nk im done for a while I realize how much more there is..:lol:

I just got the 400 flipside as well.. which is great when im taking alot of gear with me

But I want sometjing just big enough for the 23 attached to xt2 , 50mm and the tt350.

Prefer Messenger type But i think that OnA leather bag would be too big for that

I got a couple of Cameras and lenses ...Canon, Sony, Fuji, Pansonic, pentax
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)
My latest YT video -->https://youtu.be/YzJ1o​eiHm7Y (external link)

jcothron
Goldmember
2,844 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by jcothron.

Nov 24, 2017 16:13 |  #6027

rantercsr wrote in post #18503406 (external link)
Seems like everytime i thi nk im done for a while I realize how much more there is..:lol:

I just got the 400 flipside as well.. which is great when im taking alot of gear with me

But I want sometjing just big enough for the 23 attached to xt2 , 50mm and the tt350.

Prefer Messenger type But i think that OnA leather bag would be too big for that

I just looked at the retrospective leather 5, that is a nice looking bag. That's about the size I'm looking for too.

John

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
2,924 posts
Gallery: 319 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Nov 24, 2017 17:13 |  #6028

Day to day, meetings, weddings etc.. Ona Bowery
Fuji gear over fills a Pelican 1514 nicely. Modded wheels make a big difference.
Lighting and odd bits go in a ThinkTank Airport Security
Lighting modifiers and stands go into a drummer rollerbag, Still working on the C-Stand solution.
For one bag travel, if I have to go on a small aircraft, I fill a LowePro Urban reporter 250 that my camera store did for €29 :-D Can fit a good amount of Fuji gear in there as well as my 15" retina mbp.
For backpack I have a LowePro Pro Runner 350.

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T3. 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 50-140/2.8.
Pelican, Ona, ThinkTank, Matthews Grip, Elinchrom

Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,104 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Post edited over 1 year ago by PLLphotography. (3 edits in all)

Nov 24, 2017 19:42 |  #6029

Before I got the Ona, I also had an undefined one bag 13. It’s roughly the size of the brixton, maybe a little smaller.

I used to carry my XPro2 with 35/2 attached. 23 and 56 stacked on one side, and my 90 on the other side. Plus the usual extras; lens cloths, wipes, business cards, lens on, etc.

I also own a National Geographic African series backpack for when I stupidly decide I need to carry more stuff..

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
13,002 posts
Gallery: 1460 photos
Joined Feb 2013

Nov 24, 2017 19:47 |  #6030

I wonder if this Think Tank Retrospective Leather 30 (external link) would hold:

X-T1 (with a lens maybe attached, or not, I don't mind either way)
X100S
Rok 16 F2
Rok 21 F1.4
Rok 50 F1.2
Rok 85 F1.4
Flashpoint R2 TTL Speedlite
Other odds and ends, but small

Looking for a comfortable way to tote around those lenses, they're not big, they're quite small.

Anyone have this bag?

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

sponsored links

1,158,019 views & 7,548 likes for this thread
Fuji Users Unite - Post your comments, questions and images here
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.