Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 04 Dec 2017 (Monday) 07:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

DSLR for mountain bike video ?

Anto ­ Modded
419 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 04, 2017 07:51 |  #1

Started shooting some mountain bike video's and really enjoy it. been using an old panasonic tm900 which for what it is im getting good results. but in wooded areas its not great. i usally try do all the wooded video when its bright and early in the day. Was considering a better camcorder but read they arent good in low light, so i looked into a dslr. i dont xoom in the videos just fixed position where bikes cycle through the frame. i was considering a canon 800d and 18 - 55 stm and 55 - 250 stm lense and a external microphone. ive read the 800d has great focusing but appart from that is there anyone with one shooting similar video. i will eventually pick up a 70 - 200 f2.8 for photo's too

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,323 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 6 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.

Dec 04, 2017 08:07 |  #2

Resolution and video format are the first considerations.

What are you looking for?

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Anto ­ Modded
THREAD ­ STARTER
419 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 04, 2017 10:59 |  #3

video will be 1080hd and mp4.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,368 views & 0 likes for this thread
DSLR for mountain bike video ?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.